- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause LezGo Run 2015: Everything is Awesome! by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 15th, 2015
A few days ago, I started seeing photos of LezGo run on Facebook. The idea of a Lego-inspired run really got me excited! I could just imagine everything that will take place that day, from the singlet, to the medal to the overall decorations! Everything is SURE to be awesome at the LEZGO run by RUNtarantantan!
LEZGO Run 2015
When: March 15, 2015
Where: CCP Complex, Pasay City
Race Organize... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause HaRUNa: A Tribute Run to APO Hiking Society by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 15th, 2015
RUNtarantantan is all about bringing fun and entertainment to race participants. This coming Valentines day, in hopes of bringing love and laughter to the runners, while also paying tribute to one of the most talented talented Filipino musical group APO Hiking Society, Runtarantantan brings you “HaRUNa”
More than just the usual fun run, special raffles, a unique photobooth plus a concert await all participants!
H... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, Running Aids, Running Tips Defy Gravity with the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 4th, 2015
Yes, the title DOES say anti-gravity! When I was first invited to try out this new trend, I was both doubtful and excited. Doubtful ‘coz I really had no idea what to expect and was sort of thinking, “how can a treadmill be effective if there’s no gravity to work on?” and “seriously? anti-gravity? weh?” (haha) Then again, I was excited ‘coz of exactly that… ANTI-GRAVITY? This I gotta see!
Last week, I visited Kinetics Advance Ph... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Run United HP Recovery Run for Run United 2014 Finishers this December 2014 by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 16th, 2014
When we think of running or working out in general, we often think of different ways we can go further and get stronger. We often think that all we need is a little push and strength of mind. We keep pushing and pushing hoping to get better and faster, not realizing that what we really need is some rest and recovery.
This year, Run United got runners to go longer, faster and stronger with the 3 RU installments. With every run, the organizers i... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Featured, Health and Fitness, Outreach Projects, Run for a Cause Share Your #MessagesofHope for the Victims of Yolanda by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 13th, 2014
It was all over the news. A huge storm was coming, and the Philippines was in its path. The rest of the world called it Haiyan, we named it Yolanda. We were used to typhoons in the Philippines, but we weren’t ready for one of the strongest and most powerful typhoons on earth.
Last Nov. 8, 2013, Yolanda made landfall and struck several parts of the Philippines. One of the most badly hit cities was Tacloban. More than just cars and properties,... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Takbo.ph 20-Miler Run 2015 in BGC by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 19th, 2014
Every year as January rolls in, people try and find ways to burn all that holiday fat. So what do you think of a 20 mile or 32km. run to start the year?? I say, let’s do this!
What: Takbo.ph 20 Miler 2015
When: January 18, 2015 (Sunday)
Where: Bonifacio Global City
Race Organizer: Leadpack
Race Categories: 5k, 10k, 16k, 32k
Gun Start Times: ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels adidas Boost: What Boosts Your Run? (Video) by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 16th, 2014
The adidas Boost was first release sometime last year, 2013. Back then, they only had 1 color to choose from. I was happy the shoes I had at that time and paid little attention to this new line. However, my fiancé Philippe had just gotten back into running and decided to give these shoes a try. He was so happy with the shoes that he would constantly tell me about his runs - how the shoes made his landing softer, how he felt lighter with them, et... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Lifestyle and Events PLDT Gabay Guro Grand Gathering: The Biggest Tribute to All Teachers by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 9th, 2014
“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” - William Arthur Ward
Teaching is a passion. We get into it not for money, not for fame but for the joy and happiness it brings to us to be able to impart knowledge and mold minds. 5 years ago, I decided to be a teacher, and I’ve never regretted that decision since. Now I won’t lie, teaching 4-year olds isn’t exac... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Color Manila Run 2015 at Bonifacio Global City (updated) by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 24th, 2014
For the past 2 years, Color Manila Run has made sure to start the year right by blasting runners with loads and loads of color as they race through the streets of BGC or MOA. For the past 2 years, I’ve made sure to start the year with love and colors by being part of this run!
Color Manila Run is one run which will surely have you smiling from start to finish! It’s the perfect run to join with your loved one, your family or your barkada! H... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, obstacle run Men’s Health Urbanathlon and Festival 2014: Trail Run and Obstacle Race in Nuvali by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 14th, 2014
Running on pavement is fairly easy. Running a trail run adds some challenge. Running on pavement, trail and going through 9 obstacles of varying difficulties is a whole different story! This November, the first obstacle laden race returns at a cooler venue.
The Men's Health Urbanathlon is happening on November 16 at the Nuvali grounds in Sta. Rosa, Laguna. The signature event of Men's Health worldwide is a unique race that combines an enduranc... Read More » Tags Share Comments (4 )