- Filed under: Duathlon, Featured, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences, Swimming, Training, Triathlon, workout and exercise Jump In With Streamline Sports Instruction: Learn the Best and Most Efficient Way to Swim by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 28th, 2016
It seems almost mandatory that when summer kicks in, parents start enrolling their kids in various summer classes. Perhaps one of the most famous would be swimming lessons. I mean, whether you love swimming or not, it’s almost necessary to at least know the basics. I however, never learned to swim. It’s not that I never tried… I did. My parents enrolled me 3 times when I was younger (Yes! 3 times), but somehow, my fear of drowning always go... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fit and Healthy, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events, Travel and Events Glamping by Lifestyle 2016: Why You Shouldn’t Miss the Next One by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 26th, 2016
I love nature. I love walking on the beach, watching the birds, interacting with the animals, watching the sunset, etc. I love it. However, I never exactly saw myself camping. Camping is a whole different story, especially ‘coz I also love having a clean restroom to take a shower and just do my business. Hence, the closest I ever got to “exploring” nature was during one of my trail runs, or an ordinary trip to the beach (with accommodations... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Night Run Color Manila Blacklight Run: A “Party” Run for a Cause by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 22nd, 2016
Back in 2013, Color Manila hosted the first and biggest color fun run in the country. The run was like no other as it literally filled the streets of BGC with color. Thousands, including both running enthusiasts and non-runners participated in this one-of-a-kind fun run for all ages. The goal, more than just running for fitness, was to just let everyone have fun.
The Color Manila Run Franchise:
The first Color Manila... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels Urbanears Hellas: Headphones Made for Sports by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 21st, 2016
Music has always been an integral part of working out. More than just the good mood it puts us in, listening to music somehow keeps us distracted. Sometimes, we just get pulled into the music so much that we forget how tired we already are. Moreover, having a good soundtrack as we work out is bound to keep our bloods pumping, making us want to keep going as we move to the beat.
Though most gyms take care of the music for us, not all gyms will ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Health and Nutrition, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips, workout and exercise Metabeats: A Fitness and Wellness Nutrition Show with Coaches Jim and Toni Saret by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 15th, 2016
Everyone wants to be fit and healthy, but not everyone is willing to spend hours in the gym (and another hour stuck in traffic) just to achieve that. Moreover, with all the new techniques shared online, it’s not that difficult to come up with our own set of exercises at home. Though there are a lot of excellent gyms out there, not having the time or money to enroll in one does not give you an excuse to stop working out. As they say in Filipino,... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, Health and Nutrition, Running Aids, Running Tips Milo Nutri-Up Fitcon: The Biggest Gathering of Top Fitness Organizations on April 16 by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 6th, 2016
Summer has officially begun and adults are already looking for activities that will keep them in shape and start their journey towards an active and healthy lifestyle. In almost every street corner, there’s a gym that we can enroll in. Online, there are also several websites that give us tips and tricks to stay fit. So with all these info, how exactly do we know which one to pick and where to go?
This April 16, MILO will be holding its fir... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Events, Featured, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events Slidefest Philippines: The Country’s Biggest Slip and Slide Just Got Bigger by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 6th, 2016
No matter how “serious” some people may seem, trust that there’s this inner child in them that just wants to break free! Every now and then, we get to nurture this inner child as we hang out with friends and just have fun and go crazy. So how would your inner child feel if I told you that a 1000 foot long slide plus several fun inflatables will be set up in Alabang this coming April 16 and 17? C’mon… don’t try to hide your excitement.... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events Breakout Philippines Presents Its Newest Horror Room: Hide and Seek by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 5th, 2016
Plan, solve, escape – that is Breakout Philippine’s game plan. I feel however that this isn’t enough for their newest room because of a special "guest". Think you can handle being trapped in a room with an alleged ghost? Yep, you read that right. AN ACTUAL GHOST.
For those who have no idea yet about how Breakout Philippines works, you are basically locked in a room with your group where you need to find hidden objects, decipher clues and... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, workout and exercise ‘Glamping by Lifestyle’ Returns to Level Up The 2016 Summer Siren Festival by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 5th, 2016
‘Glamping by Lifestyle’ is making a comeback to the Summer Siren Festival at Crystal Beach in Zambales from April 8 to 10.
Lifestyle, the premiere cable channel for women, has once more teamed up with leading adventure company Travel Factor to promise another fabulous beach glamping experience to party-going adventure-seekers.
After pioneering what has become a travel phenomenon to adventure enthusiasts, Lifestyle brings a combination of ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Stories, Teaching Ideas, Tips for Parents Stevie Nicholson and the Superdudes Kick Off Their World Premiere in the Philippines! by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 5th, 2016
After almost a decade of entertaining young Filipinos as a member of the Australian pop group Hi-5, Stevie Nicholson returns to the Philippines for the World Premiere of Superdudes.
As a preschool teacher, I often get to see my students engage in dramatic play as they act out a scene from their favorite TV show, book or even from something that actually happened recently. Though you’d probably imagine young kids would just be busy building b... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )