- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Running Aids, Running Tips The Six Pack Chef: Deliciously Losing Weight by Cheryl Golangco on May 26th, 2015
Each of us wants to look and feel our best. Personally, I’ve been trying my best to maintain my body weight by putting in the right amount of exercise and eating the right kinds of food for the past 3 years. For a while, calorie counting became a thing. Don’t get me wrong, I know a lot of people who lost weight because of this, but it wasn’t for me. I often crave for more and end up binging on junk food. So when I learned about the Paleo ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Alaska World Milk Day Fun Run by Cheryl Golangco on May 24th, 2015
We all know how REAL milk has a lot of benefits for our body, and every Alaska holds a run in hopes of increasing this awareness. World Milk Day is celebrated annually in many countries worldwide, providing an opportunity to focus attention on milk as a global food central to health and well- being across cultures and nations, and to highlight the contributions connected with milk and the overall dairy industry.
This year, they will launch the... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Color Manila Blacklight Run: Glowing Lights Seen All Over Filinvest by Cheryl Golangco on May 19th, 2015
If you’re looking for an event to experience your first fun run, you can never go wrong with one of Color Manila’s awesome runs! As the name says so… it’s a COLOR RUN! No pressure, no time, just plain and simple fun! Regardless how many times I’ve joined their fun runs, I still can’t seem to get enough of it and still enjoy every single time.
Last May 16, Color Manila COLORED the streets of Filinvest with the first ever Color Manil... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause RunFest 2015: In Partnership with Make a Wish Foundation by Cheryl Golangco on May 18th, 2015
Takbo.ph is one of the leading websites when it comes to updates on running and sporting events. Several years ago, they had their first run… and now 5 years later, they continue to be at the forefront of running! Even upgrading themselves from a simple website to an organizer through their group, LeadPack. I love the runs they organize not just because of how coordinated it is, but because of the people behind it.
This year, Takbo.ph celebr... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Multisport, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips, Sports Books and Magazines, workout and exercise Go Girl! Expo: Bringing out the Healthy and Active Woman in YOU by Cheryl Golangco on May 18th, 2015
I know a lot of strong and empowering women in the Philippines, not just in the sporting industry but across all walks of life. If you’re reading this article right now, I’m pretty sure you’re a runner or such. However, did you know that the World Health Organization conducted a study back in 2010 that says more women in the Philippines are considered inactive? The study shares that whether in occupational, non-occupational, or leisure-rela... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Li-Ning Manila Run 2015–With Over 8 Singlet Designs to Choose From! by Cheryl Golangco on May 12th, 2015
Many of us know the brand Li-Ning for their basketball and badminton shoes, but did you know they also carried running shoes and apparel?
Li-Ning is a fast-growing global sports brand which has a strong presence around the world. Founded in 1990, the company has signed up important sports superstars like Ngoni Makusha (athletics), Marin Cilic (tennis), Chen Long (badminton), and Evan Turner and Dwyane Wade (basketball) into its fold. The brand... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause World Vision Run 2015: The Difference is Love by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 29th, 2015
“For 58 years in the Philippines, international child-focused organization, World Vision, has taken huge strides to ensure that Filipino children enjoy the fullness of life thy deserve. These efforts gave birth to what is now the most-anticipated running event of the World Vision supporters and partners, the World Vision Run.”
The idea first started back in 2011 when a few members from World Vision decided to put up a fun run for a cause i... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events 1000 Ft. Slip and Slide has Invaded Subic! FILINVEST next! by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 29th, 2015
April 24, 2015, Subic, Zambales— Nothing says summer more than sun, shades, water guns, and a giant slip and slide! Last April 18, 2015, three thousand five hundred people signed up to be a part of Slidefest Philippines, the first family-friendly, adrenalin-pumping, GIANT slip and slide event in the country. The event featured a one thousand foot slip and slide, music, refreshments, and the laughter of people racing down the wet ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Night Run Color Manila Nite: Blacklight Run this May 16 by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 28th, 2015
Wow! I still have a hangover from the recently concluded Watson’s Color Manila Challenge and here they go again with a new color run to keep our blood pumping, our heart’s racing and our skin ever so colorful! Well, to keep things new and exciting, Color Manila brings you Color Manila Nite: BLACKLIGHT Edition!
With a common dedication to product quality and customer satisfaction, Color Manila has teamed up this time with Brother Philippine... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause PDIC Takbo 2: Run for the Victims of Yolanda by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 26th, 2015
It’s been over a year since Typhoon Haiyan/ Yolanda struck the Philippines, leaving several homeless, jobless or worse. Though the rest of the country seems to have already moved on, those that were directly in the typhoon’s path still continue to struggle to make ends meet. This is where PDIC comes in.
The Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation (PDIC) is a government instrumentality created in 1963 by virtue of Republic Act 3591 to in... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )