- Filed under: Arts and Crafts, Earth Day, Featured, Messy art, Night and Day, Teaching Ideas Full Moon Art with Bottles and Toothbrushes by Cheryl Villareal on Nov 7th, 2016
When learning about Day and Night, there are a variety of activities the kids can do. For this article however, I'm going to focus on the art. Children are so used to the moon's crescent shape, that creating a full moon art was actually surprising to them. Some even told me the moon wasn't round. I of course grabbed this opportunity to talk about the different phases of the moon. An experiment with a styrofoam ball and a flashlight would also be ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels Mizuno Wave Rider 19: More Ride, Less Resistance by Cheryl Villareal on Nov 6th, 2016
Mizuno was the brand of one of the first pairs of running shoes I owned. Not only has it been around for a while, but Mizuno has also proven to be a very reliable brand not just in running, but in a variety of sports as well.
A few years ago, I posted about the Mizuno Be, pair of shoes that were meant to improve our running form by correcting the way we walk. I absolutely loved those shoes and have actually been using it for crossfit too!
T... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Magic Art, Science Experiments, Teaching Ideas Science and Art: Marbled Milk Painting by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 26th, 2016
Kids get fascinated with the simplest things. They love magic and discovery, which is why it's always fun to do science experiments with them. So how about a science experiment which ends with a little art?
For our art and science combo, my co-teacher and I decided to let them have some fun with milk and food coloring.
What You Will Need:
Big and shallow container
Food coloring (more colors, more fun)
Co... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Colors and Shapes, Featured, Teaching Ideas, Tips for Parents Gimbal’s Gourmet Jelly Beans: Yummy Jelly Beans Made with Real Fruit Juice by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 25th, 2016
Kids LOVE candy! And as much as we want them to stay healthy, a little junk food and sweets (in my personal opinion) is fine. I mean, it IS part of growing up... at least it was for me. Recently however, I learned of this new treat that's a tad bit healthier than most candies as it is not only made of real fruit juice, but rich in antioxidant and Vitamin C. Oooh, interesting right?
In 1898, Alexander Gimbal founded the Gimbal Candy Kitchen in ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Multisport, Pole Dancing Footworks Dance Studio: Pole and Aerial Classes for Fun and Fitness by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 25th, 2016
Pole dancing and Aeril Silk are sports I initially NEVER wanted to try. I wasn't scared of the pain or height or anything like that... I just didn't want to do it because it seemed to "feminine" for a person like me. (haha) The girls just looked so beautiful and graceful up there that I felt so intimidated. A part of me even thought it was easy, except that it had to be graceful. Nope, I was so wrong!
These sports, as easy as they may seem act... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Biking/ Cycling, circuit training, Featured, Health and Fitness, Training, workout and exercise 5 Workout Machines that Can Help You Reach Your Fitness Goals by Bea Chua on Jul 1st, 2016
Coming from humble beginnings in Taichung, Taiwan four decades ago, Johnson Health Tech (JHT) has grown to be the largest fitness manufacturer in Asia, and third in the world today – with 24 wholly-owned subsidiaries, a service network of 60 countries, and 315 retail stores. Further extending its claim on the Asian market, JHT has just recently set foot and established a subsidiary in the Philippines.
During the corporate launch of Johnson ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Pinoy Fitness Kasama Run – A Group Run Like No Other by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 26th, 2016
Who do you run with? ... your spouse? Your best friend? Your gym buddy? A family member? Regardless of who you run with, I think most of us can agree that running with friends is what makes fun runs... FUN.
This August 14, Pinoy Fitness celebrates its 7th anniversary with a run for the whole family/ barkada. It's a run that will allow you to really celebrate with all your friends and loved ones who've supported you and ran with you through the... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Concerts and Plays, Featured, Foundations and Organizations, Lifestyle and Events In the Name of the Father: Benefit Concert on June 5 by Cheryl Villareal on May 23rd, 2016
When we think about fitness, we often only think about our physical bodies. Today, I’m here to promote a different kind of fitness – SPIRITUAL and EXISTENTIAL fitness.
Not long ago, I met a preacher by the name George Gabriel. When I first attended his talk, I was surprised at how young and good looking this preacher was. I came from a Catholic background so to me, preachers and priests were one of the same… of course I later on realized... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Biking, Biking/ Cycling, Featured, Health and Fitness Biking in the City: 5 Tips for the Newbie Biker by Bea Chua on May 20th, 2016
I learned how to bike when I was little, but it wasn’t until late 2013 that I embraced cycling as part of my fitness routine. I was highly influenced by my dad, who got addicted to it earlier on. Much of what I know about biking came from him. Our bike trips are always planned on early weekends and holidays, when cars are at a minimum.
Learning to bike is one thing, but biking around the city is another. It was a bit scary at first to be out... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, International Marathons, Results and Experiences, Running News and Highlights, Swimming Nike’s First All-Women Half Marathon in Manila: Inspiring Filipinas to be #BetterForIt by Cheryl Villareal on May 17th, 2016
Last May 15, 2016 marked the culmination of the Nike Women Victory Tour in Manila. The streets of Pasay were colored orange as more than 4,000 Filipinas runners conquered the 21km run with their buddies. In the spirit of Nike Women Victory Tour, runners committed to be #BetterForIt from the time of registering for the race last January 2016 through a series of short runs and training sessions hosted by Nike in BGC.
Duri... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )