- Filed under: Family Events, Featured, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events, Shows in Manila WHODUNNIT: A Crime Solving Game by Breakout Interactive Theater by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 26th, 2015
Is it just me or have crime and investigation programs on TV become more interesting? In the past year up ‘till now, I find myself engaged in programs such as Law & Order, NCIS, Criminal Minds. The more I watch it, the more I feel like a “real” detective! (haha)…well sort of. You knw that feeling when you’re watching the show and you’re also somehow solving it while in your living room? Yeah, that’s how it feels! So when I heard... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Sofitel Manila Half Marathon Registration Now Open! by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 24th, 2015
Since it started with the Battle of the Sexes last 2012, the Sofitel Manila runs had quickly become a race most people would look forward to. It is not only fun and organized, but it’s a race for a cause too – one factor I feel is very important when choosing races.
Last year, Sofitel Philippine Plaza held its first half marathon. This year, Sofitel Manila continues to cultivate a lifestyle of wellness as it holds the 2015 Sofitel Manila H... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Food and Dining, Lifestyle and Events The Minions are BACK in McDonald’s: New Minions Happy Meal and Minions Combos to Choose From by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 24th, 2015
When the minions first came here around this time last year… I just lost it! I went crazy for them, and just like a little kid, I started collecting them! I even asked my relatives abroad to purchase the other minions that were not available here! So when I found out they were coming back… the kid in me just leaped for joy!
A full Minion experience awaits, as Kevin, Stuart and Bob, stars of the Minions Movie bring us the new Minions Happy Me... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause 39th Milo Marathon 2015: Marathon King and Queen to be sent to Boston to Compete in 2016 Boston Marathon by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 22nd, 2015
Some people say, that unless you’ve participated in the National Milo Marathon, you are not yet a ‘real’ runner. It is considered the godfather of races and labeled as the country’s most prestigious running event. For the past 38 years, Milo has continuously been encouraging runners to go after their dreams. This year, the National Milo Marathon, is set to mark its 39th season… and I’m just as excited as all of you!
The Milo Nati... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family and Parenting, Family Events, Featured, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places, Travel and Events Discovery Country Suites Tagaytay: Valuing the Importance of Family by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 16th, 2015
Last month for Mother’s Day, Discovery Country Suites Tagaytay launched a special campaign on Facebook that encouraged various people to send in their #Momspiration stories. Given as this was an opportunity to show off my mom, I immediately took it and sent in my entry.
I loved the idea of being able to share our story and that alone was enough for me. However, the Discovery Leisure Company wasn’t done with their Mother’s Day surpris... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, International Marathons Exploring Phuket with the 7-Eleven Run 1500 Champions by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 11th, 2015
When companies or groups award someone with an all expense paid trip to a certain place, I always just assumed that they’d just hand over the cash or certificates and their role was done. Boy was I wrong… well, at least for the case of 7-eleven.
As mentioned in my previous entry, 7-eleven has had a total of 3 runs in the past years where they award the top 3 males/females from the 21k and 42k categories with a slot to an upcoming internati... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, International Marathons, Results and Experiences Filipino Delegates Bag 7 Prizes Including Overall Champion at the Laguna Phuket International Marathon by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 10th, 2015
We’re all familiar with the 7-eleven runs held in the Philippines. I’ve wrote about it each time it happens and I’m sure a lot of you have experienced running it first hand. Most of us recall the 7-eleven run for their colorful singlets, unique routes and even plentiful goody bags. However, did you know that since starting, 7-eleven had been sending Filipinos all over the world to join and compete in various international marathons?
&nbs... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Run United Philippine Marathon 2015: October 4, 2015 by Cheryl Golangco on May 30th, 2015
Run United has rarely let us down when it comes to running. Every year we look forward to the Run United series as we push ourselves to run stronger and go further. For this year, we’re already halfway there! If you’ve been training hard for the first half of this year, then it’s time to put that training to use and quickly register for the Run United Philippine Marathon before slots run out!
Run United Philippine... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Night Run Energizer Night Race Manila 2015: How Far Can You Run to Light Up Someone’s Life? by Cheryl Golangco on May 30th, 2015
The Energizer Night Race is not something new to us. For the past 10 years, they’ve been bring us a variety of gimmicks to make each year’s night race much better than the year before. This year, they are yet again bringing something new for runners to enjoy as they turn the Energizer Night Race 2015 into an OPEN RUN.
So what exactly does an OPEN RUN mean? In this case, you can run as MANY loops or as FAR as you want to. Each loop is 3km,... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Running Aids, Running Tips The Six Pack Chef: Deliciously Losing Weight by Cheryl Golangco on May 26th, 2015
Each of us wants to look and feel our best. Personally, I’ve been trying my best to maintain my body weight by putting in the right amount of exercise and eating the right kinds of food for the past 3 years. For a while, calorie counting became a thing. Don’t get me wrong, I know a lot of people who lost weight because of this, but it wasn’t for me. I often crave for more and end up binging on junk food. So when I learned about the Paleo ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )