- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Watsons Color Manila Challenge this April 19! by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 2nd, 2015
After posting photos of the super fun and colorful Color Manila Run last January, a bunch of friends came up to me asking when and where the next Color Run will take place. They were so envious and very much wanted to join in on the fun. So when I found out that Color Manila is happening again this Summer, I just couldn’t wait to share it with everyone!
Watsons – Color Manila Challenge 2015
When: April ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause NatGeo Earth Day Run 2015: Run for the Philippine Tamaraws by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 25th, 2015
Every year, the National Geographic Channel hosts an Earth Day Run in hopes of bring forth a bigger change in the country. For the past years, they have partnered with the World Wide Fund (WWF) for Nature and have come up with a variety of projects that will help give that extra boost for nature. Last year, it was for “bancas for the Philippines”, this year it’s a fight to help save one of the most endangered buffalo specie in the world… ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events 1000 Feet of Happiness at Slidefest Philippines by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 14th, 2015
Summer is coming in a few months… what are you looking forward to? The beach, parties, out of town trips? What aboout a 1000 Ft. SLIDE?! Yep! You read that right, a slide that 1000 feet long! From the same people behind Outbreak Manila and Breakout Philippines comes another super exciting event for everyone to look forward to!
Slidefest Philippines is a family-friendly, adrenalin pumping slip and slide water event. It is more than ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events Breakout Philippines Tests Friendships with the New Limbo Room by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 31st, 2015
I just LOVE Breakout Philippines! The whole idea of being trapped in a room with friends and frantically looking for clues to escape is weirdly fun! (haha)
So far, I’ve tried 3 rooms from Outbreak Manila, namely Adarna’s Lair, Room 13 and just recently… the Limbo Room. I’ve been asked a couple of times which room I enjoyed the most and honestly, there’s just no right answer. Each room has its own unique twist and story to offer. You ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause LezGo Run 2015: Everything is Awesome! by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 15th, 2015
A few days ago, I started seeing photos of LezGo run on Facebook. The idea of a Lego-inspired run really got me excited! I could just imagine everything that will take place that day, from the singlet, to the medal to the overall decorations! Everything is SURE to be awesome at the LEZGO run by RUNtarantantan!
LEZGO Run 2015
When: March 15, 2015
Where: CCP Complex, Pasay City
Race Organize... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause HaRUNa: A Tribute Run to APO Hiking Society by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 15th, 2015
RUNtarantantan is all about bringing fun and entertainment to race participants. This coming Valentines day, in hopes of bringing love and laughter to the runners, while also paying tribute to one of the most talented talented Filipino musical group APO Hiking Society, Runtarantantan brings you “HaRUNa”
More than just the usual fun run, special raffles, a unique photobooth plus a concert await all participants!
H... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, Running Aids, Running Tips Defy Gravity with the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 4th, 2015
Yes, the title DOES say anti-gravity! When I was first invited to try out this new trend, I was both doubtful and excited. Doubtful ‘coz I really had no idea what to expect and was sort of thinking, “how can a treadmill be effective if there’s no gravity to work on?” and “seriously? anti-gravity? weh?” (haha) Then again, I was excited ‘coz of exactly that… ANTI-GRAVITY? This I gotta see!
Last week, I visited Kinetics Advance Ph... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Run United HP Recovery Run for Run United 2014 Finishers this December 2014 by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 16th, 2014
When we think of running or working out in general, we often think of different ways we can go further and get stronger. We often think that all we need is a little push and strength of mind. We keep pushing and pushing hoping to get better and faster, not realizing that what we really need is some rest and recovery.
This year, Run United got runners to go longer, faster and stronger with the 3 RU installments. With every run, the organizers i... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Featured, Health and Fitness, Outreach Projects, Run for a Cause Share Your #MessagesofHope for the Victims of Yolanda by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 13th, 2014
It was all over the news. A huge storm was coming, and the Philippines was in its path. The rest of the world called it Haiyan, we named it Yolanda. We were used to typhoons in the Philippines, but we weren’t ready for one of the strongest and most powerful typhoons on earth.
Last Nov. 8, 2013, Yolanda made landfall and struck several parts of the Philippines. One of the most badly hit cities was Tacloban. More than just cars and properties,... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Takbo.ph 20-Miler Run 2015 in BGC by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 19th, 2014
Every year as January rolls in, people try and find ways to burn all that holiday fat. So what do you think of a 20 mile or 32km. run to start the year?? I say, let’s do this!
What: Takbo.ph 20 Miler 2015
When: January 18, 2015 (Sunday)
Where: Bonifacio Global City
Race Organizer: Leadpack
Race Categories: 5k, 10k, 16k, 32k
Gun Start Times: ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )