- Filed under: Featured, Fit and Healthy, Food and Dining, Health and Fitness Daily’s Diet: Counting the Right Kind of Calories by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 29th, 2015
Calorie based diets have been growing more and more popular in the recent year. Many companies offer calorie controlled meals that are delivered straight to your doorstep every day. I’ve tried low calorie diets in the past and though I felt the food was okay, I would often times still end up hungry. I tried other diets which I was very happy with, but then heard of Daily’s and got curious.
Daily’s Diet is a whole team that is behind you ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause UNICEF Heroes for Children Run: A Benefit Run for the Benefit of Unicef by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 22nd, 2015
I’m sure you’re all familiar with UNICEF. To those unaware of it, UNICEF is a foundation that promotes the rights and well-being of every child, in everything they do. Together with their partners, they work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into a practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
This October, UNICEF Celebr... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness The Music Run Manila by Philam Life by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 6th, 2015
Music always makes things seem easier, don’t you think? When it comes to working out, the music’s tempo helps a lot with the type of workout you’re going for. A hiphop or upbeat sound will really get your blood pumping while a slow or mellow sound will make you slow down. When running, most runners usually have a pair of earphones plugged into their ears to help them keep a steady pace. Moreover, the music keeps their mind off the distance ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Run for Odyssey 2015: For the Benefit of Malnourished Children by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 5th, 2015
This year, CDO is celebrating their 40th anniversary in the industry and what better way of celebrating than by giving back.
The Run for Odyssey is an event organized by CDO Foodsphere, Inc., and has become a tradition of celebrating fun and good health. Run for Odyssey is a CDO way and expression of loving and caring for others. Proceeds of this exciting run convention go straight to the Odyssey Foundation, a non-profit organization created t... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Soleus Run for the Aspins: A Fund Raising Awareness Against Dog Cruelty and Abuse by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 28th, 2015
I’m an animal lover, I’ve always love all kinds of animas since I was young. If only I had enough funds, I would want to put up a no-kill shelter and save our animals from being hurt or abused. It just pains me to see how heartless some people can be that they choose to hurt and abuse helpless little animals.
This October, Soleus is putting together a run to help raise awareness and funds to victims of animal abuse.
The Soleus Run for t... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Greenfield City Run: Run for Generations 2015 by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 16th, 2015
My first 5km run was back in 2009 in the Greenfield City Clean Air Run! I remember thinking to myself, “why on earth did I agree to run?!” Despite my constant complaints to my partner, I was really happy with the route. More than just the feel of nature surrounding me, it was really nice to run in a place with so little cars. Little did I know that this was the start of my love for running.
On its 9th year, Greenfield once again brings run... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Kagay-an Festival by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 5th, 2015
Ever wanted to run outside Manila? What about running in Cagayan de Oro? This August, be part of the Kagay-Festival Marathon and run a marathon around Cagayan!
Kagay-an Festivan Marathon 2015
When: August 23, 2015 (Sunday)
Where: Centrio Mall, Cagayan de Oro City
Race Organizer: Circle Productions, Inc.
Race Categories: 42km, 21km, 5km, 3km
Gun Start Times: 3:00am, 4:00am, 6:00am, 6:10am respectively
Registration Sit... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family and Parenting, Family Events, Featured, Fieldtrip Suggestions, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places, Teaching Ideas KidZania Manila Sneak Peek: Top 5 Reasons Why Every Child Should Check This Place Out by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 2nd, 2015
Ever since the announcement that KidZania was coming to Manila, kids, parents and teachers alike all got giddy and excited. Being a preschool teacher and child at heart, I too just couldn’t wait. It took more than a year, but finally, KidZania is opening its doors to the public this Aug. 7, 2015!
For those who have no idea what KidZania is all about, let me tell you all about it. KidZania is a place where kids rule. It’s a mini community whe... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, workout and exercise Crossfit Mad Minute: Where It’s All About Community by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 24th, 2015
For the past years, I’ve been trying a variety of workouts and have even grown addicted to some!…my motivation? No one else but my workout buddy and fiance, Philippe. Working out is really more fun when you have friends or people to support you, and this is exactly what makes CrossFit Mad Minute stand out.
Crossfit has grown widely popular in the Metro as more and more people are recognizing its benefits. There is probably a crossfit... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Beauty and Wellness, Featured, Lifestyle and Events Sofitel’s Vietura Now Offers Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) to Help You Look and Feel Younger than Ever by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 23rd, 2015
All of us want to look and feel young as long as we can. One of the easiest and most recommended way of course is to maintain a healthy lifestyle with a balance of the right food and proper exercise. However, there are still some factors that can lead to dry and sagging skin, that’s where BHRT comes in.
Last June 29, Dra. Mary Jane “MJ” Torres along with her team of specialists unveiled the latest in their menu of... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )