- Filed under: Charity Works, Concerts and Plays, Featured, Foundations and Organizations, Lifestyle and Events In the Name of the Father: Benefit Concert on June 5 by Cheryl Villareal on May 23rd, 2016
When we think about fitness, we often only think about our physical bodies. Today, I’m here to promote a different kind of fitness – SPIRITUAL and EXISTENTIAL fitness.
Not long ago, I met a preacher by the name George Gabriel. When I first attended his talk, I was surprised at how young and good looking this preacher was. I came from a Catholic background so to me, preachers and priests were one of the same… of course I later on realized... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Biking, Biking/ Cycling, Featured, Health and Fitness Biking in the City: 5 Tips for the Newbie Biker by Bea Chua on May 20th, 2016
I learned how to bike when I was little, but it wasn’t until late 2013 that I embraced cycling as part of my fitness routine. I was highly influenced by my dad, who got addicted to it earlier on. Much of what I know about biking came from him. Our bike trips are always planned on early weekends and holidays, when cars are at a minimum.
Learning to bike is one thing, but biking around the city is another. It was a bit scary at first to be out... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Duathlon, Fit and Healthy, Fun in Manila, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Lifestyle and Events, Multisport, People and Places, Results and Experiences, Travel and Events Batangas Earth and Fire Festival 2016: Ride, Run, and Play in Balete by Nel de Leon on May 18th, 2016
Ever thought of going to Balete, Batangas for a nice weekend getaway?
Batangas is roughly a two-hour drive from Manila and is probably the first in mind when we think of a nice beach or hiking activity. Usually, it's the popular towns that get in the list first -- Nasugbu, Cuenca, Taal, Laiya. How about considering Balete?
Sherdon and I got to experience Balete at the Batangas Earth and Fire Festival on the last weekend of January, organize... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, International Marathons, Results and Experiences, Running News and Highlights, Swimming Nike’s First All-Women Half Marathon in Manila: Inspiring Filipinas to be #BetterForIt by Cheryl Villareal on May 17th, 2016
Last May 15, 2016 marked the culmination of the Nike Women Victory Tour in Manila. The streets of Pasay were colored orange as more than 4,000 Filipinas runners conquered the 21km run with their buddies. In the spirit of Nike Women Victory Tour, runners committed to be #BetterForIt from the time of registering for the race last January 2016 through a series of short runs and training sessions hosted by Nike in BGC.
Duri... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Health and Nutrition Herbalife Nutrition at Work: On Obesity and Brain Fuctionality by Cheryl Villareal on May 11th, 2016
Survey Reveals Majority of Philippines’ Workforce are at Risk of Obesity
Even without the official numbers, you can already tell just by looking at the people around you how several of our fellow Filipinos are at risk of obesity. Obesity however is just the tip of the iceberg. Imagine all the illnesses one can obtain because of being overweight – diabetes, heart attack etc.
Recently, Herbalife, a global nutrition company released the find... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Dusk to Dawn: Run for Road Safety 2016 by Cheryl Villareal on May 5th, 2016
The first-ever Auto Review Road Safety Olympics season is coming to a close. Soon. But before that curtain call, the much anticipated running event and fuel economy run will first be held, coinciding with the start of the 2016 season.
Set this May 22, 2016, Sunday at the SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City, the Auto Review Road Safety Olympics finale-cum-launch dubbed as: "Dusk-to-Dawn" (D2D) event is eyed as the most exciting highlight affair ever ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Duathlon, Featured, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences, Swimming, Training, Triathlon, workout and exercise Jump In With Streamline Sports Instruction: Learn the Best and Most Efficient Way to Swim by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 28th, 2016
It seems almost mandatory that when summer kicks in, parents start enrolling their kids in various summer classes. Perhaps one of the most famous would be swimming lessons. I mean, whether you love swimming or not, it’s almost necessary to at least know the basics. I however, never learned to swim. It’s not that I never tried… I did. My parents enrolled me 3 times when I was younger (Yes! 3 times), but somehow, my fear of drowning always go... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fit and Healthy, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events, Travel and Events Glamping by Lifestyle 2016: Why You Shouldn’t Miss the Next One by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 26th, 2016
I love nature. I love walking on the beach, watching the birds, interacting with the animals, watching the sunset, etc. I love it. However, I never exactly saw myself camping. Camping is a whole different story, especially ‘coz I also love having a clean restroom to take a shower and just do my business. Hence, the closest I ever got to “exploring” nature was during one of my trail runs, or an ordinary trip to the beach (with accommodations... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Night Run Color Manila Blacklight Run: A “Party” Run for a Cause by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 22nd, 2016
Back in 2013, Color Manila hosted the first and biggest color fun run in the country. The run was like no other as it literally filled the streets of BGC with color. Thousands, including both running enthusiasts and non-runners participated in this one-of-a-kind fun run for all ages. The goal, more than just running for fitness, was to just let everyone have fun.
The Color Manila Run Franchise:
The first Color Manila... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels, Running News and Highlights Boost Manila: adidas Hosts the First and Biggest Running Community Meet in the Country by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 22nd, 2016
A few days ago, someone asked me what keeps me motivated to run. While a lot of runners have their BIG and inspiring reasons, I really just started running because I was somehow forced to. What kept me running on the other hand was the knowledge that I wanted to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I won’t deny that there were many times that I just didn’t want to get up at 3am to run, however, knowing that my friends were waiting for me gave me tha... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )