- Filed under: Biking/ Cycling, circuit training, Featured, Health and Fitness, Training, workout and exercise 5 Workout Machines that Can Help You Reach Your Fitness Goals by Bea Chua on Jul 1st, 2016
Coming from humble beginnings in Taichung, Taiwan four decades ago, Johnson Health Tech (JHT) has grown to be the largest fitness manufacturer in Asia, and third in the world today – with 24 wholly-owned subsidiaries, a service network of 60 countries, and 315 retail stores. Further extending its claim on the Asian market, JHT has just recently set foot and established a subsidiary in the Philippines.
During the corporate launch of Johnson ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Pinoy Fitness Kasama Run – A Group Run Like No Other by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 26th, 2016
Who do you run with? ... your spouse? Your best friend? Your gym buddy? A family member? Regardless of who you run with, I think most of us can agree that running with friends is what makes fun runs... FUN.
This August 14, Pinoy Fitness celebrates its 7th anniversary with a run for the whole family/ barkada. It's a run that will allow you to really celebrate with all your friends and loved ones who've supported you and ran with you through the... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Diet plans, Health and Fitness, workout and exercise, Workout Plans Contours Advance Face and Body Sculpting: Giving You an Extra Boost to Weight Loss by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 26th, 2016
Weight loss, whether for fitness or vanity, is not always an easy thing to do. While I'm very much for the proper way of doing things - through diet and exercise, I can't deny that there are a lot of people who also need a little help. Thankfully there are places like Contours that do just that.
Contours offer a variety of services for either facial or body care. Last month I got to try Laserfit.
What is Laserfit?
"Laserfit is a holist... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Carboload, Health and Fitness Chaplin Cafe: Indulge in Delicious Mediterranean Food at a Cozy Restaurant in Century City Mall by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 21st, 2016
"Take your time, that's our motto," owner Yuval Mann would tell us as we sat down enjoying dinner in his cozy little restaurant. Chaplin was after all built around that concept -- that amidst the hustle and bustle of everyday life, this is a place for you to just sit down, relax and unwind. The restaurant's yellow light, wooden interior and soft music will really make you just want to forget all your worries as you enjoy a cup of their delicious ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Buddy Run, Family Run, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness The 9th Robinson’s Fit and Fun Wellness Buddy Run! by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 15th, 2016
It’s time again for fitness buddies to put their active and healthy lifestyle goal on fast-track for Robinsons Supermarket’s (RSC) 9th Fit & Fun Wellness Buddy Run. The country’s largest health and wellness supermarket chain once again opens the annual and well-anticipated fun run for pairs this July!
The Robinson's Fit and Fun Wellness Buddy Run is one of my favorite buddy runs because it really encourages people to run with a frien... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Yoga adidas Fitsquad Yoga: Creativity is what Defines Athletes by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 14th, 2016
adidas has premiered a new series of films kicking off the brand’s Sport16 initiative, underlining adidas’ leadership and passion for sports.
The first chapter of films, “I’m Here to Create,” is told through a female athlete’s lens and stars global tennis icon Caroline Wozniacki, WNBA All-Star Candace Parker, supermodel/entrepreneur Karlie Kloss, tennis star Ana Ivanović, soccer prodigy Morgan Brian, DJ Hannah Bronfman, street at... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Fashion and Apparels, Lifestyle and Events Penshoppe’s Ultra Stretch Jeans and Its Newest Ambassador: Gigi Hadid by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 3rd, 2016
I love wearing jeans, the only thing is, jeans aren’t always easy to move around in. Unless we wear the really baggy elephant pants (which I won’t), jeans aren’t really ideal for someone who just can’t sit still… like me! (heehee) Thankfully, Penshoppe just recently released their ultra stretch jeans! When they said ultra stretch, they weren’t kidding! You can do so much more with these jeans without sacrificing fashion!
I personal... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness DOH Secretary Janette Garin: Projects and Milestones of 2015 by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 1st, 2016
A few weeks ago, an intimate lunch with bloggers and other media personalities was organized to give everyone a better idea of what the Department of Health has been doing for the past 19 months or so. Dr. Janette Garin, DOH’s secretary of healthy gladly discussed completed and ongoing projects of the DOH, all of which quickly caught my interest.
About Dr. Janette Garin:
Dr. Janette Garin was appointed as the Under Secretary of the ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Concerts and Plays, Featured, Foundations and Organizations, Lifestyle and Events In the Name of the Father: Benefit Concert on June 5 by Cheryl Villareal on May 23rd, 2016
When we think about fitness, we often only think about our physical bodies. Today, I’m here to promote a different kind of fitness – SPIRITUAL and EXISTENTIAL fitness.
Not long ago, I met a preacher by the name George Gabriel. When I first attended his talk, I was surprised at how young and good looking this preacher was. I came from a Catholic background so to me, preachers and priests were one of the same… of course I later on realized... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Biking, Biking/ Cycling, Featured, Health and Fitness Biking in the City: 5 Tips for the Newbie Biker by Bea Chua on May 20th, 2016
I learned how to bike when I was little, but it wasn’t until late 2013 that I embraced cycling as part of my fitness routine. I was highly influenced by my dad, who got addicted to it earlier on. Much of what I know about biking came from him. Our bike trips are always planned on early weekends and holidays, when cars are at a minimum.
Learning to bike is one thing, but biking around the city is another. It was a bit scary at first to be out... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )