- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Multisport, Pole Dancing Footworks Dance Studio: Pole and Aerial Classes for Fun and Fitness by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 25th, 2016
Pole dancing and Aeril Silk are sports I initially NEVER wanted to try. I wasn't scared of the pain or height or anything like that... I just didn't want to do it because it seemed to "feminine" for a person like me. (haha) The girls just looked so beautiful and graceful up there that I felt so intimidated. A part of me even thought it was easy, except that it had to be graceful. Nope, I was so wrong!
These sports, as easy as they may seem act... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Biking/ Cycling, circuit training, Featured, Health and Fitness, Training, workout and exercise 5 Workout Machines that Can Help You Reach Your Fitness Goals by Bea Chua on Jul 1st, 2016
Coming from humble beginnings in Taichung, Taiwan four decades ago, Johnson Health Tech (JHT) has grown to be the largest fitness manufacturer in Asia, and third in the world today – with 24 wholly-owned subsidiaries, a service network of 60 countries, and 315 retail stores. Further extending its claim on the Asian market, JHT has just recently set foot and established a subsidiary in the Philippines.
During the corporate launch of Johnson ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Diet plans, Health and Fitness, workout and exercise, Workout Plans Contours Advance Face and Body Sculpting: Giving You an Extra Boost to Weight Loss by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 26th, 2016
Weight loss, whether for fitness or vanity, is not always an easy thing to do. While I'm very much for the proper way of doing things - through diet and exercise, I can't deny that there are a lot of people who also need a little help. Thankfully there are places like Contours that do just that.
Contours offer a variety of services for either facial or body care. Last month I got to try Laserfit.
What is Laserfit?
"Laserfit is a holist... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fit and Healthy, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events, Travel and Events Glamping by Lifestyle 2016: Why You Shouldn’t Miss the Next One by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 26th, 2016
I love nature. I love walking on the beach, watching the birds, interacting with the animals, watching the sunset, etc. I love it. However, I never exactly saw myself camping. Camping is a whole different story, especially ‘coz I also love having a clean restroom to take a shower and just do my business. Hence, the closest I ever got to “exploring” nature was during one of my trail runs, or an ordinary trip to the beach (with accommodations... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Health and Nutrition, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips, workout and exercise Metabeats: A Fitness and Wellness Nutrition Show with Coaches Jim and Toni Saret by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 15th, 2016
Everyone wants to be fit and healthy, but not everyone is willing to spend hours in the gym (and another hour stuck in traffic) just to achieve that. Moreover, with all the new techniques shared online, it’s not that difficult to come up with our own set of exercises at home. Though there are a lot of excellent gyms out there, not having the time or money to enroll in one does not give you an excuse to stop working out. As they say in Filipino,... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, Health and Nutrition, Running Aids, Running Tips Milo Nutri-Up Fitcon: The Biggest Gathering of Top Fitness Organizations on April 16 by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 6th, 2016
Summer has officially begun and adults are already looking for activities that will keep them in shape and start their journey towards an active and healthy lifestyle. In almost every street corner, there’s a gym that we can enroll in. Online, there are also several websites that give us tips and tricks to stay fit. So with all these info, how exactly do we know which one to pick and where to go?
This April 16, MILO will be holding its fir... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs Edsa Shangri-La Health Club: Total Wellness in Total Comfort by Cheryl Villareal on Mar 18th, 2016
When going on a vacation, we need to make sure that the hotel we’re checking it to fits us perfectly. A cozy room, a beautiful dining area, relaxing pool side and a gym that’s complete with the equipment we need. Though a lot of people take a break from the gym when on vacation, there are still several who are dedicated enough to sneak in a few minutes of workout before devouring their delicious hotel meals. One thing however that I’ve noti... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels Gatorade Run 2015 and Its New Powerhouse Line-Up of Ambassadors by Cheryl Villareal on Nov 4th, 2015
After a historic stroll down memory lane in celebration of its golden anniversary, Gatorade is all set to pave the way for greatness. The world’s favorite sports drink beefs up its roster with the official launch of its newest variant – the orange and grapefruit flavor based White Lightning.
With the new variant comes a powerhouse line-up of ambassadors who are among the top local athletes of this generation—UAAP ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, First Day of School, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, workout and exercise F45: Functional Training in 45 Minutes by Cheryl Villareal on Nov 3rd, 2015
Each of us has our own interest when it comes to working out. Some people can spend hours just running on the road, while others find that boring and prefer other sports like boxing or muay thai. Some enjoy working out at the regular gym, while others prefer circuit training or crossfit. While all these exercises reap various benefits, F45 has opted to combine all these into 45minutes of madness, 6 days a week.
The gym is “rearrang... Read More » Tags Share Comments (4 )
- Filed under: Biking/ Cycling, Featured, Health and Fitness, Multisport Nuvali’s Dirt Weekend to Host the Philippine Qualifying Race for the 2016 World Mountain Bike Championship by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 22nd, 2015
If you’re into biking, then I’m sure the Nuvali Dirt Weekend is something you’re already familiar with. But in case you aren’t, you better start training because you wouldn’t want to miss it!
Nuvali’s “Dirt Weekend” has been regarded as one of the major mountain bike events in the country, as well as one of Nuvali’s signature events that encapsulate the sustainability philosophy that the eco-city strives to adhere to. This ye... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )