- Filed under: Diet plans, Health and Fitness, workout and exercise, Workout Plans Contours Advance Face and Body Sculpting: Giving You an Extra Boost to Weight Loss by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 26th, 2016
Weight loss, whether for fitness or vanity, is not always an easy thing to do. While I'm very much for the proper way of doing things - through diet and exercise, I can't deny that there are a lot of people who also need a little help. Thankfully there are places like Contours that do just that.
Contours offer a variety of services for either facial or body care. Last month I got to try Laserfit.
What is Laserfit?
"Laserfit is a holist... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Duathlon, Featured, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences, Swimming, Training, Triathlon, workout and exercise Jump In With Streamline Sports Instruction: Learn the Best and Most Efficient Way to Swim by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 28th, 2016
It seems almost mandatory that when summer kicks in, parents start enrolling their kids in various summer classes. Perhaps one of the most famous would be swimming lessons. I mean, whether you love swimming or not, it’s almost necessary to at least know the basics. I however, never learned to swim. It’s not that I never tried… I did. My parents enrolled me 3 times when I was younger (Yes! 3 times), but somehow, my fear of drowning always go... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Health and Nutrition, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips, workout and exercise Metabeats: A Fitness and Wellness Nutrition Show with Coaches Jim and Toni Saret by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 15th, 2016
Everyone wants to be fit and healthy, but not everyone is willing to spend hours in the gym (and another hour stuck in traffic) just to achieve that. Moreover, with all the new techniques shared online, it’s not that difficult to come up with our own set of exercises at home. Though there are a lot of excellent gyms out there, not having the time or money to enroll in one does not give you an excuse to stop working out. As they say in Filipino,... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, workout and exercise ‘Glamping by Lifestyle’ Returns to Level Up The 2016 Summer Siren Festival by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 5th, 2016
‘Glamping by Lifestyle’ is making a comeback to the Summer Siren Festival at Crystal Beach in Zambales from April 8 to 10.
Lifestyle, the premiere cable channel for women, has once more teamed up with leading adventure company Travel Factor to promise another fabulous beach glamping experience to party-going adventure-seekers.
After pioneering what has become a travel phenomenon to adventure enthusiasts, Lifestyle brings a combination of ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Health and Nutrition, Running Tips, workout and exercise Preparing for the Big Race: The Stuff They Forgot to Teach You by Cheryl Villareal on Mar 23rd, 2016
So you just heard about another famous run happening in a few months and you quickly register for the 21k category. You still have a few months to prepare and you’re used to running long distance runs. You think to yourself, this won’t be a problem. You start training by running 10-20 hours a week, eating a bunch of food you thought was healthy (rice my friends is NOT healthy) and getting less sleep ‘coz you’ve still got to report to the ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, workout and exercise, Yoga Evolve: A Journey to a Fit Body and Mind through Yoga by Cheryl Villareal on Feb 1st, 2016
I first tried yoga a few months ago. Though I’ve already tried a variety of workouts, yoga is one thing that I just never got the hang of. I LOVE moving and having to keep still bums me out. However, I appreciated yoga more after trying a session of Bikram Yoga at Evolve. …Funny thing was, I really didn’t want to try it at first.
Photo taken from Evolve FB page
Evolve Fitness Studio:
Evolve, a fitness studio that ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, First Day of School, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, workout and exercise F45: Functional Training in 45 Minutes by Cheryl Villareal on Nov 3rd, 2015
Each of us has our own interest when it comes to working out. Some people can spend hours just running on the road, while others find that boring and prefer other sports like boxing or muay thai. Some enjoy working out at the regular gym, while others prefer circuit training or crossfit. While all these exercises reap various benefits, F45 has opted to combine all these into 45minutes of madness, 6 days a week.
The gym is “rearrang... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, Multisport, workout and exercise Rexona FitFest 2015: A Fitness Festival with 3 Different Workouts to Enjoy by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 16th, 2015
For the past 5 years, Rexona has been hosting the already-iconic Rexona Rn where running, fitness and fun are combined into on spectacular event! For those who’ve experienced some of their runs, we all remember Rexona for their unique take on making fun runs extra fun! Each year, they would surprise runners by introducing something new for us to look forward to. For the past 2 years, the Rexona music run became among crowd favorites.
This ye... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, workout and exercise Crossfit Mad Minute: Where It’s All About Community by Cheryl Villareal on Jul 24th, 2015
For the past years, I’ve been trying a variety of workouts and have even grown addicted to some!…my motivation? No one else but my workout buddy and fiance, Philippe. Working out is really more fun when you have friends or people to support you, and this is exactly what makes CrossFit Mad Minute stand out.
Crossfit has grown widely popular in the Metro as more and more people are recognizing its benefits. There is probably a crossfit... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Multisport, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips, Sports Books and Magazines, workout and exercise Go Girl! Expo: Bringing out the Healthy and Active Woman in YOU by Cheryl Villareal on May 18th, 2015
I know a lot of strong and empowering women in the Philippines, not just in the sporting industry but across all walks of life. If you’re reading this article right now, I’m pretty sure you’re a runner or such. However, did you know that the World Health Organization conducted a study back in 2010 that says more women in the Philippines are considered inactive? The study shares that whether in occupational, non-occupational, or leisure-rela... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )