- Filed under: Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, workout and exercise Crossfit Mad Minute: Where It’s All About Community by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 24th, 2015
For the past years, I’ve been trying a variety of workouts and have even grown addicted to some!…my motivation? No one else but my workout buddy and fiance, Philippe. Working out is really more fun when you have friends or people to support you, and this is exactly what makes CrossFit Mad Minute stand out.
Crossfit has grown widely popular in the Metro as more and more people are recognizing its benefits. There is probably a crossfit... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Multisport, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips, Sports Books and Magazines, workout and exercise Go Girl! Expo: Bringing out the Healthy and Active Woman in YOU by Cheryl Golangco on May 18th, 2015
I know a lot of strong and empowering women in the Philippines, not just in the sporting industry but across all walks of life. If you’re reading this article right now, I’m pretty sure you’re a runner or such. However, did you know that the World Health Organization conducted a study back in 2010 that says more women in the Philippines are considered inactive? The study shares that whether in occupational, non-occupational, or leisure-rela... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, workout and exercise Nike Women Digital Media Conference and N+TC Workout with Emelda Vincent by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 30th, 2015
Women today are very versatile. We crave exercise. We seek adventure. We are strong and “macho” yet continue to be the passionate and gentle caregivers we need to be. A few weeks ago, I attended the Nike Women Digital Media Conference and got the chance to listen to different Nike women share their thoughts, insights and experiences using Nike.
Defining the Nike Woman
The first to take the stage was Nike Southeast Asia Brand D... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, workout and exercise Dance Unite: A 4-Hour Dance Marathon for a Cause by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 3rd, 2014
It’s baaaackkk!! I’m not sure if you heard of it, but 2 years ago, an enormously successful and fun Dance 4 Life was held at Venice Piazza, Mckinley Hill. It was the talk of the town as it wasn’t something we normally have here in Manila. A lot of people have been asking when another Dance Marathon like this will come by and your prayers have been heard! Back by popular demand, Dance United will be happening this November 22, 9pm at Quirino... Read More » Tags Share Comments (7 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels, workout and exercise Under Armour Philippines: Now Open in Bonifacio Global City by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 4th, 2014
Who will protect this house? I will! The well known American sports clothing and accessories company is finally in the Philippines… and everyone can’t wait to start shopping!
Under Armour Philippines: How It All Began
Funny how the best ideas usually come from the simplest things. In the case of Under Armour, it began because of athlete Kevin Plank’s hatred for changing his sweat-soaked cotton T-shirts under his jersey over ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (4 )
- Filed under: Biking, Featured, Health and Fitness, workout and exercise Alaska Cycle Philippines on May 16,17 and 18 at BGC by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 21st, 2014
Even before I started running, I had already fallen in love with biking. I used to ride a bike almost every day when I was younger. I biked when I was happy, I biked when I was sad and sometimes, I’d bike just because I was bored. I definitely miss biking and am seriously considering buying a nice bike!
Now more than ever, with all the biking events happening in the country, I feel so jealous of all the bikers! And I’m growing even more je... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: basketball, Health and Fitness, workout and exercise Alaska’s Jr. NBA Returns to the Philippines for the Seventh Consecutive Year–Now Also Including Jr. WNBA! by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 26th, 2014
A few weeks ago, I and some fellow sports bloggers got to see first hand what’s in store for aspiring basketball players in the Philippines. We have a lot of good talent here and it’s a pity that it’s the people with these talents are not always able to use it. Well thanks to Alaska and NBA, they can..The Jr. NBA is back in the Philippines on its seventh year, and this year, the girls get to join the fun too with the Jr. WNBA!
... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: circuit training, Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, workout and exercise MediCard – Metafit Fitness Boot Camp Season 3: Get Fit and Strong through Metafit by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 21st, 2014
Being fit isn’t just about having the right curves and looking good. Being fit means FEELING good and FEELING strong. Just because you’re thin, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re fit. These are just some of the things when I joined FitFil a few years ago and what you’ll surely learn when you join season 3 of Metafit this February.
What: Medicard-Metafit Fitness Boot Camp Season 3
Where: Cul-de-Sac of Westagate ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights, Sports Books and Magazines, workout and exercise Bianca Gonzales Shares Her Get-Confident Secrets in the January-February issue of Women’s Health Magazine by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 19th, 2014
I’ve always thought that Bianca Gonzales looked amazing! She’s got that lean sexy body a lot of women wish they had. Some might dismiss the idea of being fit and just assume that Bianca was born thin, however, Bianca shares how hard she works to really maintain her gorgeous curves.
During the recent presscon for Men’s Heath and Women’s Health magazines, Bianca shared how lucky she was that she did not easily gain weight. Howeve... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Health and Fitness, Triathlon, workout and exercise Alaska IronKids Triathlon Champions Race Once Again by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 1st, 2013
When I was a kid, all I knew in this world was to PLAY! Don't get me wrong, as a teacher, I can fully defend why how big a role "play" has in a child's life and I'm glad my parents allowed me to learn through play. But the IronKids took play to a whole new level! If they can do all that NOW, what more in a few more years! These "mini" triathletes are gonna rock our world!
Close to 200 kids from ages 6 to 14 participated at the Alaska... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )