- Filed under: Featured, Magic Art, Science Experiments, Teaching Ideas Science and Art: Marbled Milk Painting by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 26th, 2016
Kids get fascinated with the simplest things. They love magic and discovery, which is why it's always fun to do science experiments with them. So how about a science experiment which ends with a little art?
For our art and science combo, my co-teacher and I decided to let them have some fun with milk and food coloring.
What You Will Need:
Big and shallow container
Food coloring (more colors, more fun)
Co... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Colors and Shapes, Featured, Teaching Ideas, Tips for Parents Gimbal’s Gourmet Jelly Beans: Yummy Jelly Beans Made with Real Fruit Juice by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 25th, 2016
Kids LOVE candy! And as much as we want them to stay healthy, a little junk food and sweets (in my personal opinion) is fine. I mean, it IS part of growing up... at least it was for me. Recently however, I learned of this new treat that's a tad bit healthier than most candies as it is not only made of real fruit juice, but rich in antioxidant and Vitamin C. Oooh, interesting right?
In 1898, Alexander Gimbal founded the Gimbal Candy Kitchen in ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Multisport, Pole Dancing Footworks Dance Studio: Pole and Aerial Classes for Fun and Fitness by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 25th, 2016
Pole dancing and Aeril Silk are sports I initially NEVER wanted to try. I wasn't scared of the pain or height or anything like that... I just didn't want to do it because it seemed to "feminine" for a person like me. (haha) The girls just looked so beautiful and graceful up there that I felt so intimidated. A part of me even thought it was easy, except that it had to be graceful. Nope, I was so wrong!
These sports, as easy as they may seem act... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Pinoy Fitness Kasama Run – A Group Run Like No Other by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 26th, 2016
Who do you run with? ... your spouse? Your best friend? Your gym buddy? A family member? Regardless of who you run with, I think most of us can agree that running with friends is what makes fun runs... FUN.
This August 14, Pinoy Fitness celebrates its 7th anniversary with a run for the whole family/ barkada. It's a run that will allow you to really celebrate with all your friends and loved ones who've supported you and ran with you through the... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Diet plans, Health and Fitness, workout and exercise, Workout Plans Contours Advance Face and Body Sculpting: Giving You an Extra Boost to Weight Loss by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 26th, 2016
Weight loss, whether for fitness or vanity, is not always an easy thing to do. While I'm very much for the proper way of doing things - through diet and exercise, I can't deny that there are a lot of people who also need a little help. Thankfully there are places like Contours that do just that.
Contours offer a variety of services for either facial or body care. Last month I got to try Laserfit.
What is Laserfit?
"Laserfit is a holist... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Carboload, Health and Fitness Chaplin Cafe: Indulge in Delicious Mediterranean Food at a Cozy Restaurant in Century City Mall by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 21st, 2016
"Take your time, that's our motto," owner Yuval Mann would tell us as we sat down enjoying dinner in his cozy little restaurant. Chaplin was after all built around that concept -- that amidst the hustle and bustle of everyday life, this is a place for you to just sit down, relax and unwind. The restaurant's yellow light, wooden interior and soft music will really make you just want to forget all your worries as you enjoy a cup of their delicious ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Buddy Run, Family Run, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness The 9th Robinson’s Fit and Fun Wellness Buddy Run! by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 15th, 2016
It’s time again for fitness buddies to put their active and healthy lifestyle goal on fast-track for Robinsons Supermarket’s (RSC) 9th Fit & Fun Wellness Buddy Run. The country’s largest health and wellness supermarket chain once again opens the annual and well-anticipated fun run for pairs this July!
The Robinson's Fit and Fun Wellness Buddy Run is one of my favorite buddy runs because it really encourages people to run with a frien... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Yoga adidas Fitsquad Yoga: Creativity is what Defines Athletes by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 14th, 2016
adidas has premiered a new series of films kicking off the brand’s Sport16 initiative, underlining adidas’ leadership and passion for sports.
The first chapter of films, “I’m Here to Create,” is told through a female athlete’s lens and stars global tennis icon Caroline Wozniacki, WNBA All-Star Candace Parker, supermodel/entrepreneur Karlie Kloss, tennis star Ana Ivanović, soccer prodigy Morgan Brian, DJ Hannah Bronfman, street at... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Fashion and Apparels, Lifestyle and Events Penshoppe’s Ultra Stretch Jeans and Its Newest Ambassador: Gigi Hadid by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 3rd, 2016
I love wearing jeans, the only thing is, jeans aren’t always easy to move around in. Unless we wear the really baggy elephant pants (which I won’t), jeans aren’t really ideal for someone who just can’t sit still… like me! (heehee) Thankfully, Penshoppe just recently released their ultra stretch jeans! When they said ultra stretch, they weren’t kidding! You can do so much more with these jeans without sacrificing fashion!
I personal... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness DOH Secretary Janette Garin: Projects and Milestones of 2015 by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 1st, 2016
A few weeks ago, an intimate lunch with bloggers and other media personalities was organized to give everyone a better idea of what the Department of Health has been doing for the past 19 months or so. Dr. Janette Garin, DOH’s secretary of healthy gladly discussed completed and ongoing projects of the DOH, all of which quickly caught my interest.
About Dr. Janette Garin:
Dr. Janette Garin was appointed as the Under Secretary of the ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )