- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Superheroes Conquer the Mall of Asia Grounds at the World of DC Fun Run by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 19th, 2015
Yesterday, March 19, thousands of runners arrived at the Mall of Asia grounds as early as 4am to participate of the first ever official World of DC Fun Run! It was a run for the books as it allowed both kids and kids at heart to enjoy a special day together as superheroes!
Batman and Wonder woman crossing the line with their twins! Who knew? (heehee)
It was really great seeing all the runners just dress up like their favorite superheroes!... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Tips on Running with Pacers at Run United by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 18th, 2015
In the recently concluded Run United 1, Unilab Active Health introduced the idea of pacers to help runners achieve their target time and finish faster and stronger.
Maintaining an active lifestyle has always been the advocacy of Unilab Active Health. To elevate Run United’s training component, pacers were introduced in Run United 1 held on March 8 at the Mall of Asia grounds in Pasay City. Unilab Active head Alex Panlilio says pacers provide... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness AffiniTea’s Brown Race Marathon for a Cause this December 2015 by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 16th, 2015
Earlier, I shared the details for AffiniTea’s upcoming Raise D’ Roof 2015. As exciting as it sounds, AffiniTea has more in store for you as they present their first ever FULL marathon this December! - The Brown Race Marathon. From the name itself, you can already guess the inspiration behind this run. If not, well, being Filipinos, we should be PROUD of our color… of our BROWN race. It’s about our history and how we have grown as a nation... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels adidas Unveils the Greatest Running Shoe Ever–the Ultra Boost! by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 15th, 2015
Herzogenaurach, Germany (2015) – The Energy Running revolution has taken a bold new step as adidas unveiled the greatest running shoe ever, Ultra BOOST. At a guarded launch location in New York City. Yohan Blake, David Villa, Sammy Watkins and a team of elite athletes pledged their allegiance to the revolution while hundreds of witnesses from around the world were onsite for the introduction of Ultra BOOST.
Attending athlet... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Affinitea Raise D’ Roof: Run for a Cause this July 5 by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 15th, 2015
2 years ago, I remember being invited to AffiniTea’s first ever run dubbed “Raise D’ Roof.” It was a very intimate gathering with few bloggers, the organizers and Affinitea’s owner Mr. Anthony Liu. It was his first time to create a race; you could see how excited he was. It wasn't just about the money, but about everything else – the beneficiary, the runners and most especially the experience. Today, AffiniTea continues to grow bigger... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness Anytime Fitness now in the Philippines: Why You Need to Sign Up to this 24/7 Gym by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 12th, 2015
I love to work out. Since I started running 5 years ago, I’ve gotten myself involved in a variety of exercises, all with one goal in mind – TO STAY FIT. When I started paying more attention to my physical health, one of the first things I did was to look for a gym. Unfortunately, with my crazy work hours as a teacher and a blogger, regular gym hours just won’t do. Which is why I was ecstatic when I heard Anytime Fitness was coming to the Ph... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, workout and exercise Nike Women Digital Media Conference and N+TC Workout with Emelda Vincent by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 30th, 2015
Women today are very versatile. We crave exercise. We seek adventure. We are strong and “macho” yet continue to be the passionate and gentle caregivers we need to be. A few weeks ago, I attended the Nike Women Digital Media Conference and got the chance to listen to different Nike women share their thoughts, insights and experiences using Nike.
Defining the Nike Woman
The first to take the stage was Nike Southeast Asia Brand D... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Nike Women’s 10k Manila this May 2015 by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 22nd, 2015
You’ve all heard the news and I’m sure you’re all super excited to run in the first ever Nike Women’s 10k run here in the Philippines! It is part of the global Nike Women’s Event Series, which includes the Nike Women’s Race Series and N+TC Tour. The global event series will see more than 200,000 women around the world celebrate and experience the power of sport through a series of one-of-a-kind, high-energy training events. So what ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels Benjamin Alves for Brooks: “Why Do I Run” by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 22nd, 2015
Why do you run? If you're a follower of this blog, you've probably seen me ask that question a couple of times. We all have our own reasons on why we run - for health, fitness or recreation.
Brooks gets up close and personal with celebrity athlete Benjamin Alves to find out how running fuels him to do better. For those of you unfamiliar with him, he is a Filipino actor and model under GMA network, and nephew of the well-known Piolo Pascual.
... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events Last Week to Catch The Zombie Room: Breakout at Trinoma by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 11th, 2015
If you’ve read my blogs, you’d probably know how much I enjoy BREAKOUT. Every room has a different story, every room is a challenge, every room has a problem to be solved, and in every room, you have to work together in order to break out before your time expires.
Breakout is usually held in Paragon Plaza, there, they have 5 rooms with varying themes. However, every once in a while, the organizers want to break out and try different venues f... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )