- Filed under: Food and Dining, Lifestyle and Events Cow Bell Steak Café: Quality and Affordable Steaks in Makati by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 15th, 2014
I’m a steak lover and am always on the lookout for delicious steak restaurants in Manila. Now, I have my top 3, but I’m still always on the lookout for good steaks at affordable costs. A few weeks ago, I discovered one that just opened along Jupiter Avenue in Makati. Its simple yet creative logo caught my attention and had me walking in there unplanned. In case you hadn’t noticed, check out the fork on the cow’s head. “wink*
Cow Bell... Read More » Tags Share Comments (9 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events Breakout Philippines New Room: “Will You be Trapped in Limbo Forever?” by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 12th, 2014
I love Breakout Philippines! I've tried 2 of their 3 rooms and they just added a 4th room this week!! Woot woot! Go BOOK now before slots are filled! You'd definitely want to experience this!
The first real-life escape room game in the Philippines has another surprise for you all! Breakout Philippines is opening another room called Limbo this Sunday, December 14, 2014. We would like to invite everyone to play th... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences McHappy Day Stripes Run: A Morning Filled with Smiles and Surprises for the Whole Family by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 8th, 2014
Since 2009, McDonald’s has championed children’s well-being through active play with McHappy Day, a fun run for the entire family. Now on its 6th year, McDonald’s is once again encouraging moms and dads to go out and play with their kids at the 2014 McHappy Day Stripes Run last December 6, Saturday at the Bonifacio Global City.
I always enjoy participating in runs that are unique or with specific themes. Though I personally don’t have ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Alaska Holds the 19th Football Cup Tournament by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 7th, 2014
Last Nov. 29-30, 2014, Alaska held one of the biggest and most eagerly awaited football tournaments in the country, the 2014 Alaska Football Cup. Football players of all ages, from as young as six years old, participated in this annual event held at the Ayala Alabang Country Club. Teams from various schools all over the Philippines including Masbate, Baguio, Negros Occidental, Cebu, Davao, Palawan, Legaspi, Laguna, Batangas, Bukidnon, Zambales, P... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels Nike Air Zoom Structure 18: Stability Has Never Been Faster by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 6th, 2014
Once you’ve finally decided to live a healthier lifestyle through running, the first question you ask would probably be, “what shoes should I buy?” Though the idea of buying new shoes surely excites most people, we have to take note of the type of shoes that would best fit us. Some shoes are meant for speed, others for comfort, others for stability and so on. Moreover, the type of shoe you purchase would also depend on your foot type. Runne... Read More » Tags Share Comments (14 )
- Filed under: Reading and Language, Teaching Ideas FarFaria: Digital Children’s Books for the iPad, iPhone and Android Devices by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 2nd, 2014
Through our ever evolving technology, knowledge is now at every child’s fingertips. Though some would still disagree on introducing gadgets to young children, I have to admit that it has its pros and cons. Just like all things in life, proper moderation and rules in using gadgets goes a long way.
Recently, I learned about a new app called FarFaria. Basically, it’s an app with a whole library of children’s books. Through this app, childre... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Family and Parenting, Lifestyle and Events Domex “Fiesta” Video: A Pledge for One Million Clean Toilets by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 18th, 2014
Whenever I go out and do restaurant or hotel reviews, I often take into consideration what the comfort rooms look like. You see, I feel it's one of the few things people tend to overlook and give less importance to, but should actually be a main priority. In our own homes, some people go all out in decorating their living rooms and bedrooms but would often neglect their comfort rooms. Did you know though, that 7 million people in the Philippines ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Run United HP Recovery Run for Run United 2014 Finishers this December 2014 by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 16th, 2014
When we think of running or working out in general, we often think of different ways we can go further and get stronger. We often think that all we need is a little push and strength of mind. We keep pushing and pushing hoping to get better and faster, not realizing that what we really need is some rest and recovery.
This year, Run United got runners to go longer, faster and stronger with the 3 RU installments. With every run, the organizers i... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels, Running News and Highlights Holiday Sale Kicks Off at Runnr and Brooks for Runners and Cyclists by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 14th, 2014
The most wonderful time of the year is quickly approaching and of course, what makes it even better is the holiday sale! Runnr and Brooks are kicking off the holiday sale and giving us an early Christmas with a variety of pre-holiday promos!
Running and Cycling Expo at Runnr BHS
From November 14 – 16, visit Runnr BHS and enjoy up to 70% off in their running and cycling expo at Runnr BHS! They will also be having a free runni... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Featured, Health and Fitness, Outreach Projects, Run for a Cause Share Your #MessagesofHope for the Victims of Yolanda by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 13th, 2014
It was all over the news. A huge storm was coming, and the Philippines was in its path. The rest of the world called it Haiyan, we named it Yolanda. We were used to typhoons in the Philippines, but we weren’t ready for one of the strongest and most powerful typhoons on earth.
Last Nov. 8, 2013, Yolanda made landfall and struck several parts of the Philippines. One of the most badly hit cities was Tacloban. More than just cars and properties,... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )