- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Color Manila Blacklight Run: Glowing Lights Seen All Over Filinvest by Cheryl Golangco on May 19th, 2015
If you’re looking for an event to experience your first fun run, you can never go wrong with one of Color Manila’s awesome runs! As the name says so… it’s a COLOR RUN! No pressure, no time, just plain and simple fun! Regardless how many times I’ve joined their fun runs, I still can’t seem to get enough of it and still enjoy every single time.
Last May 16, Color Manila COLORED the streets of Filinvest with the first ever Color Manil... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Nike All Women’s 10k Run: Over 8,000 Women Conquer Alabang by Cheryl Golangco on May 15th, 2015
The usual unisex runs have about 3,000 – 15,000 runners, so when I was told that over 8,000 women participated in the recently concluded Nike All Women’s 10k Run… my jaw dropped!
What?! More than 8,000 runners participated?!…and these were all women?! WOW!! Just wow! I didn’t realize how many women were slowly getting into running and how women are definitely taking over. It makes me feel proud that more and more women are looking at a... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Sun Warriors at the Watson’s Color Manila Challenge: Adding Color and Life to the Typical Obstacle Course by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 25th, 2015
Last Sunday, April 19, Color Manila had a 2nd Color Manila Run for the year 2015. However, instead of just doing it the way they usually do, a unique partnership with Watson’s challenged runners to take it up a notch.More than just the usual color runs, Color Manila changed our notion of obstacle courses by making sure it was fun and colorful! This summer, Watsons makes the season even more exciting with its partnership with Color Manila. The W... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Superheroes Conquer the Mall of Asia Grounds at the World of DC Fun Run by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 19th, 2015
Yesterday, March 19, thousands of runners arrived at the Mall of Asia grounds as early as 4am to participate of the first ever official World of DC Fun Run! It was a run for the books as it allowed both kids and kids at heart to enjoy a special day together as superheroes!
Batman and Wonder woman crossing the line with their twins! Who knew? (heehee)
It was really great seeing all the runners just dress up like their favorite superheroes!... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Batangas Boosts Tourism with Back-to-Back Events: Karipasan 2015, Earth and Water Festival 2015, Waiters’ Race and More by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 17th, 2015
When the holidays roll in, people immediately think of where to go for some much needed R&R. Though I very much enjoy staying in places such as Coron, there are also several places closer to Manila that are taken for granted – one of which is Batangas.
A couple of weeks ago, I and several bloggers were invited to stay in Batangas to join in on their festivities. Their celebrations mostly revolved around the city’s beauty, showcasing it... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Cobra FedRun 2015 Race Review by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 29th, 2015
For the past years, the different Chinese schools around Manila have been holding their own fun runs in hopes of promoting a more active lifestyle to their students as well as further developing the school’s different programs. Some fun runs I’ve experienced joining are those of Xavier, St. Jude Catholic School and Makati Hope Christian School. This year, instead of having their individual runs, Federation of Filipino Chinese Alumni Associati... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences McHappy Day Stripes Run: A Morning Filled with Smiles and Surprises for the Whole Family by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 8th, 2014
Since 2009, McDonald’s has championed children’s well-being through active play with McHappy Day, a fun run for the entire family. Now on its 6th year, McDonald’s is once again encouraging moms and dads to go out and play with their kids at the 2014 McHappy Day Stripes Run last December 6, Saturday at the Bonifacio Global City.
I always enjoy participating in runs that are unique or with specific themes. Though I personally don’t have ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Alaska Holds the 19th Football Cup Tournament by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 7th, 2014
Last Nov. 29-30, 2014, Alaska held one of the biggest and most eagerly awaited football tournaments in the country, the 2014 Alaska Football Cup. Football players of all ages, from as young as six years old, participated in this annual event held at the Ayala Alabang Country Club. Teams from various schools all over the Philippines including Masbate, Baguio, Negros Occidental, Cebu, Davao, Palawan, Legaspi, Laguna, Batangas, Bukidnon, Zambales, P... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Avon Pink War: Results by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 15th, 2014
It was a fun filled Sunday as advocates and supporters of Avon’s campaign against breast cancer filled the streets of Macapagal with pink! The war was definitely on and these ladies and several men too were not letting cancer win!
Photo taken from Avon Philippines FB page
Congratulations to all finishers!! Remember, the war doesn’t end here. Breast cancer is an ongoing battle that both men and women struggle with everyday. Get ahead a... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Salomon’s first-ever Citytrail Manila Run by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 14th, 2014
With more Filipinos being aware about the importance of staying physically fit and active, alternative exercises such as running have been rapidly growing popular. Aiming to elevate the way city dwellers enjoy their everyday runs, Salomon brings something new and exciting to the running community by promoting Citytrail running with the first-ever Salomon Citytrail Manila event, which was held last September 7 at Intramuros, Manila.
I... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )