- Filed under: Duathlon, Fit and Healthy, Fun in Manila, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Lifestyle and Events, Multisport, People and Places, Results and Experiences, Travel and Events Batangas Earth and Fire Festival 2016: Ride, Run, and Play in Balete by Nel de Leon on May 18th, 2016
Ever thought of going to Balete, Batangas for a nice weekend getaway?
Batangas is roughly a two-hour drive from Manila and is probably the first in mind when we think of a nice beach or hiking activity. Usually, it's the popular towns that get in the list first -- Nasugbu, Cuenca, Taal, Laiya. How about considering Balete?
Sherdon and I got to experience Balete at the Batangas Earth and Fire Festival on the last weekend of January, organize... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, International Marathons, Results and Experiences, Running News and Highlights, Swimming Nike’s First All-Women Half Marathon in Manila: Inspiring Filipinas to be #BetterForIt by Cheryl Villareal on May 17th, 2016
Last May 15, 2016 marked the culmination of the Nike Women Victory Tour in Manila. The streets of Pasay were colored orange as more than 4,000 Filipinas runners conquered the 21km run with their buddies. In the spirit of Nike Women Victory Tour, runners committed to be #BetterForIt from the time of registering for the race last January 2016 through a series of short runs and training sessions hosted by Nike in BGC.
Duri... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Duathlon, Featured, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences, Swimming, Training, Triathlon, workout and exercise Jump In With Streamline Sports Instruction: Learn the Best and Most Efficient Way to Swim by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 28th, 2016
It seems almost mandatory that when summer kicks in, parents start enrolling their kids in various summer classes. Perhaps one of the most famous would be swimming lessons. I mean, whether you love swimming or not, it’s almost necessary to at least know the basics. I however, never learned to swim. It’s not that I never tried… I did. My parents enrolled me 3 times when I was younger (Yes! 3 times), but somehow, my fear of drowning always go... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences 8th Robinson’s Fit & Fun Wellness Buddy Run: Getting Healthy in Pairs by Cheryl Villareal on Jul 8th, 2015
I’ve been joining the Robinsons’s Fit & Fun Wellness Buddy Run for quite some time now. I’ve always enjoyed this run mostly because of the idea that you have to start and finish with your partner. The idea is pretty simple, but makes everything all the more fun. Last July 5, thousands, including CEOs and celebrities ran in pairs for the 8th Robinson’s Supermarket Fit & Fun Wellness Buddy Run held in Bonifacio Global City Taguig.... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, International Marathons, Results and Experiences Filipino Delegates Bag 7 Prizes Including Overall Champion at the Laguna Phuket International Marathon by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 10th, 2015
We’re all familiar with the 7-eleven runs held in the Philippines. I’ve wrote about it each time it happens and I’m sure a lot of you have experienced running it first hand. Most of us recall the 7-eleven run for their colorful singlets, unique routes and even plentiful goody bags. However, did you know that since starting, 7-eleven had been sending Filipinos all over the world to join and compete in various international marathons?
&nbs... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Color Manila Blacklight Run: Glowing Lights Seen All Over Filinvest by Cheryl Villareal on May 19th, 2015
If you’re looking for an event to experience your first fun run, you can never go wrong with one of Color Manila’s awesome runs! As the name says so… it’s a COLOR RUN! No pressure, no time, just plain and simple fun! Regardless how many times I’ve joined their fun runs, I still can’t seem to get enough of it and still enjoy every single time.
Last May 16, Color Manila COLORED the streets of Filinvest with the first ever Color Manil... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Nike All Women’s 10k Run: Over 8,000 Women Conquer Alabang by Cheryl Villareal on May 15th, 2015
The usual unisex runs have about 3,000 – 15,000 runners, so when I was told that over 8,000 women participated in the recently concluded Nike All Women’s 10k Run… my jaw dropped!
What?! More than 8,000 runners participated?!…and these were all women?! WOW!! Just wow! I didn’t realize how many women were slowly getting into running and how women are definitely taking over. It makes me feel proud that more and more women are looking at a... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Sun Warriors at the Watson’s Color Manila Challenge: Adding Color and Life to the Typical Obstacle Course by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 25th, 2015
Last Sunday, April 19, Color Manila had a 2nd Color Manila Run for the year 2015. However, instead of just doing it the way they usually do, a unique partnership with Watson’s challenged runners to take it up a notch.More than just the usual color runs, Color Manila changed our notion of obstacle courses by making sure it was fun and colorful! This summer, Watsons makes the season even more exciting with its partnership with Color Manila. The W... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Superheroes Conquer the Mall of Asia Grounds at the World of DC Fun Run by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 19th, 2015
Yesterday, March 19, thousands of runners arrived at the Mall of Asia grounds as early as 4am to participate of the first ever official World of DC Fun Run! It was a run for the books as it allowed both kids and kids at heart to enjoy a special day together as superheroes!
Batman and Wonder woman crossing the line with their twins! Who knew? (heehee)
It was really great seeing all the runners just dress up like their favorite superheroes!... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Batangas Boosts Tourism with Back-to-Back Events: Karipasan 2015, Earth and Water Festival 2015, Waiters’ Race and More by Cheryl Villareal on Feb 17th, 2015
When the holidays roll in, people immediately think of where to go for some much needed R&R. Though I very much enjoy staying in places such as Coron, there are also several places closer to Manila that are taken for granted – one of which is Batangas.
A couple of weeks ago, I and several bloggers were invited to stay in Batangas to join in on their festivities. Their celebrations mostly revolved around the city’s beauty, showcasing it... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )