- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Avon Pink War: Results by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 15th, 2014
It was a fun filled Sunday as advocates and supporters of Avon’s campaign against breast cancer filled the streets of Macapagal with pink! The war was definitely on and these ladies and several men too were not letting cancer win!
Photo taken from Avon Philippines FB page
Congratulations to all finishers!! Remember, the war doesn’t end here. Breast cancer is an ongoing battle that both men and women struggle with everyday. Get ahead a... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Salomon’s first-ever Citytrail Manila Run by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 14th, 2014
With more Filipinos being aware about the importance of staying physically fit and active, alternative exercises such as running have been rapidly growing popular. Aiming to elevate the way city dwellers enjoy their everyday runs, Salomon brings something new and exciting to the running community by promoting Citytrail running with the first-ever Salomon Citytrail Manila event, which was held last September 7 at Intramuros, Manila.
I... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Thousands Celebrate at the Robinson’s Fit and Fun Wellness Buddy Run by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 6th, 2014
This morning, thousands of runners flocked to BGC with their buddies to participate in the much awaited Robinson’s Fit and Fun Wellness Buddy Run. I was among those runners who was extremely excited for this race! I first joined the Wellness Run back in 2010 and have made sure to register every year since then. Every year marked a milestone for Robinsons Supermarket, and I have to say, they outdid themselves in terms of the loot bag this year. ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences NatGeo Run 2014 Thoughts and Discussions by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 28th, 2014
Yesterday, thousands of runners flocked to BGC for the National Geographic Run 2014. Each participant there had their own reasons for joining the run. Some joined because of the race’s prestige name, others to help fund the cause and still others just because they wanted to run.
I personally joined the run for all the reasons mentioned above. I wanted to try a NatGeo race as I think I’ve only ever joined once. I also wanted to he... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Night Run, Results and Experiences Outbreak Missions 2014: Intramuros – Survival of the fittest and the meanest! by marckdot on Apr 10th, 2014
Time to save the world from the Zombie Outbreak!
Outbreak Manila is for anyone who have watched a movie or tv series, read a book or played a game about zombies or zombie adjacent creatures. Because they are here to make that 'what if that was real?' fantasy in your head a reality. Outbreak Manila is LARPing at its finest. LARPing or 'Live-Action-Role-Playing' is where players act out their characters in a fictional setting, making decisions ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Night Run, obstacle run, Results and Experiences Surviving Outbreak Missions: Not Your Typical Zombie Run by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 18th, 2013
I’ve attended almost most of Outbreak Manila’s runs to cover it for my blog. I think 3 out of 4 times I simply walked the path as part of the media, the only run I actually participated in was the first Outbreak Run in Nuvali where I was scared crazy because of all the zombies popping out of the tall grass! Ever since, I’ve only been attending Outbreak Manila runs to cover it and not as an active participant… until last night.
... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Rexona Run to Your Beat: Race Results and Experiences by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 23rd, 2013
Rexona has always been a run to look forward to because of the cool new things they introduce during their run. For the past couple of years, they’ve had a variety of gimmicks such as the Adventure Run and others. This year, Rexona and RunRio outdid themselves with Run to Your Beat.
Registration closed early for Rexona’s Run to Your Beat with an influx of runners wanting to watch the midnight concert! Several runners chose this to be their... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: costume run, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Run, Choose and Survive at the Most Exciting Outbreak Yet by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 9th, 2013
Last October 4, 2013, Outbreak Missions gave 1,200 participants an experience they will never forget. For that evening, Filinvest City was transformed into a zombie-infested maze of challenges, special characters, and clues that looked like scenes out of a horror movie. This time, survival is not just about running— it’s about making choices. Participants walked, ran, and screamed with a goal in sight: to find a rumored cure to the zombie out... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Men’s Health Urbanathlon Results and Experiences by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 4th, 2013
The country’s first obstacle laden course is back, and this time, with bigger and more challenging obstacles! Men’s Health Urbanathlon 2013 saw around 3,000 participants who took on the challenge and conquered Men’s Health Philippines’ toughest race. This unique event combines the rigors of a run with the tough nature of traversing numerous obstacles in an urban setting.
“We always want to take things a step further. And the 2013 Men... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences, Run for a Cause I Run For Life 2013 Race Results and Discussions by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 11th, 2013
A few weeks before race date, our school directress informed me of an upcoming run called I Run for Life which as organized for the benefit of children with Leukemia. I’m a sucker for runs especially if it’s for a good cause so I immediately searched the internet for more information on the run. Despite typing all the necessary keywords, I couldn’t seem to find any information on this run. After several attempts, I finally came across their... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )