- Filed under: Health and Fitness, workout and exercise Nike Women Digital Media Conference and N+TC Workout with Emelda Vincent by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 30th, 2015
Women today are very versatile. We crave exercise. We seek adventure. We are strong and “macho” yet continue to be the passionate and gentle caregivers we need to be. A few weeks ago, I attended the Nike Women Digital Media Conference and got the chance to listen to different Nike women share their thoughts, insights and experiences using Nike.
Defining the Nike Woman
The first to take the stage was Nike Southeast Asia Brand D... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Nike Women’s 10k Manila this May 2015 by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 22nd, 2015
You’ve all heard the news and I’m sure you’re all super excited to run in the first ever Nike Women’s 10k run here in the Philippines! It is part of the global Nike Women’s Event Series, which includes the Nike Women’s Race Series and N+TC Tour. The global event series will see more than 200,000 women around the world celebrate and experience the power of sport through a series of one-of-a-kind, high-energy training events. So what ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels Benjamin Alves for Brooks: “Why Do I Run” by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 22nd, 2015
Why do you run? If you're a follower of this blog, you've probably seen me ask that question a couple of times. We all have our own reasons on why we run - for health, fitness or recreation.
Brooks gets up close and personal with celebrity athlete Benjamin Alves to find out how running fuels him to do better. For those of you unfamiliar with him, he is a Filipino actor and model under GMA network, and nephew of the well-known Piolo Pascual.
... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights Go Girl Expo: Empowering Healthy and Active Filipinas by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 11th, 2015
March is Women’s History Month. This past month, I’ve seen and heart a variety of activities and programs all for woman empowerment. With a male-dominated world, programs and events that target the women are very much appreciated. So when I heard of the Go Girl Expo, I felt a surge of excitement rush to me! It’s an expo that’s all about the women!! There are so many things I want to learn and do, I’m sure this expo will open so many mor... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Relay Coach Roel’s Birthday Run: Ultra-10 Mile Challenge by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 10th, 2015
Following the success of the first two legs of the Coach Roel’s Birthday Runs dubbed as Coach Roel’s Birthday Run 2013 and Wall 2 Shotgun 10-Mile Race 2014, Coach Roel and RG Events Co. once again bring you Coach Roel’s Birthday Run, the Ultra- 10 Mile Challenge. What makes this run different is that it will be having a variety of Olympic style categories such as the 4x100m relay and the 4x400m relay. Moreover, it will also feature some of ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness World of DC Comics All Star Fun Run on April 18 by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 7th, 2015
Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Wonderwoman… any of these names ring a bell? If you’re a fan of these superheroes, or maybe just want to join in on the fun, the World of DC Comics All Star Fun Run is something you wouldn’t want to miss.
When I first heard news of a DC Comics run, I initially thought it was just a small fun run organized by a group of fans. However, after the blogger’s night this week, I found out that this run ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights Run United 2 2015–Updates and Changes in the Registration of the Run United Series by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 6th, 2015
The Run United is one of the most sought after runs in the country. It’s grown to be so big and so popular that even non-runners mark their calendars, deciding if they’re ready to join their first run. What makes the Run United series so special, more than just the connecting medals, is that it pushes runners to exceed themselves. Making runners train harder and push further to achieve a new personal record. With that goal in mind, Unilab Act... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, obstacle run Watsons Color Manila Challenge: A Colorful Obstacle Run for All Ages by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 2nd, 2015
After posting photos of the super fun and colorful Color Manila Run last January, a bunch of friends came up to me asking when and where the next Color Run will take place. They were so envious and very much wanted to join in on the fun. So when I found out that Color Manila is happening again this Summer, I just couldn’t wait to share it with everyone!
The Watsons Color Manila Challenge is similar to the previous races Color Manil... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause NatGeo Earth Day Run 2015: Run for the Philippine Tamaraws by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 25th, 2015
Every year, the National Geographic Channel hosts an Earth Day Run in hopes of bring forth a bigger change in the country. For the past years, they have partnered with the World Wide Fund (WWF) for Nature and have come up with a variety of projects that will help give that extra boost for nature. Last year, it was for “bancas for the Philippines”, this year it’s a fight to help save one of the most endangered buffalo specie in the world… ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Batangas Boosts Tourism with Back-to-Back Events: Karipasan 2015, Earth and Water Festival 2015, Waiters’ Race and More by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 17th, 2015
When the holidays roll in, people immediately think of where to go for some much needed R&R. Though I very much enjoy staying in places such as Coron, there are also several places closer to Manila that are taken for granted – one of which is Batangas.
A couple of weeks ago, I and several bloggers were invited to stay in Batangas to join in on their festivities. Their celebrations mostly revolved around the city’s beauty, showcasing it... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )