- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Soleus Run for the Aspins: A Fund Raising Awareness Against Dog Cruelty and Abuse by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 28th, 2015
I’m an animal lover, I’ve always love all kinds of animas since I was young. If only I had enough funds, I would want to put up a no-kill shelter and save our animals from being hurt or abused. It just pains me to see how heartless some people can be that they choose to hurt and abuse helpless little animals.
This October, Soleus is putting together a run to help raise awareness and funds to victims of animal abuse.
The Soleus Run for t... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Greenfield City Run: Run for Generations 2015 by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 16th, 2015
My first 5km run was back in 2009 in the Greenfield City Clean Air Run! I remember thinking to myself, “why on earth did I agree to run?!” Despite my constant complaints to my partner, I was really happy with the route. More than just the feel of nature surrounding me, it was really nice to run in a place with so little cars. Little did I know that this was the start of my love for running.
On its 9th year, Greenfield once again brings run... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Kagay-an Festival by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 5th, 2015
Ever wanted to run outside Manila? What about running in Cagayan de Oro? This August, be part of the Kagay-Festival Marathon and run a marathon around Cagayan!
Kagay-an Festivan Marathon 2015
When: August 23, 2015 (Sunday)
Where: Centrio Mall, Cagayan de Oro City
Race Organizer: Circle Productions, Inc.
Race Categories: 42km, 21km, 5km, 3km
Gun Start Times: 3:00am, 4:00am, 6:00am, 6:10am respectively
Registration Sit... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, workout and exercise Crossfit Mad Minute: Where It’s All About Community by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 24th, 2015
For the past years, I’ve been trying a variety of workouts and have even grown addicted to some!…my motivation? No one else but my workout buddy and fiance, Philippe. Working out is really more fun when you have friends or people to support you, and this is exactly what makes CrossFit Mad Minute stand out.
Crossfit has grown widely popular in the Metro as more and more people are recognizing its benefits. There is probably a crossfit... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences 8th Robinson’s Fit & Fun Wellness Buddy Run: Getting Healthy in Pairs by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 8th, 2015
I’ve been joining the Robinsons’s Fit & Fun Wellness Buddy Run for quite some time now. I’ve always enjoyed this run mostly because of the idea that you have to start and finish with your partner. The idea is pretty simple, but makes everything all the more fun. Last July 5, thousands, including CEOs and celebrities ran in pairs for the 8th Robinson’s Supermarket Fit & Fun Wellness Buddy Run held in Bonifacio Global City Taguig.... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness Primal Ape Crossfit: Big Box for Big Results by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 2nd, 2015
A couple months ago, I started hearing about this sleek new crossfit gym in Makati. My friend had just started working out there and highly recommended it. However, since I never tried crossfit, I was hesitant to try it out. I’m sure glad I changed my mind.
Primal Ape Crossfit is located along Chino Roces Ave. in Makati. Outside, it still looks very small as construction around it is still ongoing. However, upon stepping in, you’d be amaze... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Sofitel Manila Half Marathon Registration Now Open! by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 24th, 2015
Since it started with the Battle of the Sexes last 2012, the Sofitel Manila runs had quickly become a race most people would look forward to. It is not only fun and organized, but it’s a race for a cause too – one factor I feel is very important when choosing races.
Last year, Sofitel Philippine Plaza held its first half marathon. This year, Sofitel Manila continues to cultivate a lifestyle of wellness as it holds the 2015 Sofitel Manila H... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause 39th Milo Marathon 2015: Marathon King and Queen to be sent to Boston to Compete in 2016 Boston Marathon by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 22nd, 2015
Some people say, that unless you’ve participated in the National Milo Marathon, you are not yet a ‘real’ runner. It is considered the godfather of races and labeled as the country’s most prestigious running event. For the past 38 years, Milo has continuously been encouraging runners to go after their dreams. This year, the National Milo Marathon, is set to mark its 39th season… and I’m just as excited as all of you!
The Milo Nati... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, International Marathons Exploring Phuket with the 7-Eleven Run 1500 Champions by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 11th, 2015
When companies or groups award someone with an all expense paid trip to a certain place, I always just assumed that they’d just hand over the cash or certificates and their role was done. Boy was I wrong… well, at least for the case of 7-eleven.
As mentioned in my previous entry, 7-eleven has had a total of 3 runs in the past years where they award the top 3 males/females from the 21k and 42k categories with a slot to an upcoming internati... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, International Marathons, Results and Experiences Filipino Delegates Bag 7 Prizes Including Overall Champion at the Laguna Phuket International Marathon by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 10th, 2015
We’re all familiar with the 7-eleven runs held in the Philippines. I’ve wrote about it each time it happens and I’m sure a lot of you have experienced running it first hand. Most of us recall the 7-eleven run for their colorful singlets, unique routes and even plentiful goody bags. However, did you know that since starting, 7-eleven had been sending Filipinos all over the world to join and compete in various international marathons?
&nbs... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )