- Filed under: Family and Parenting, Family Events, Featured, Fieldtrip Suggestions, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places, Teaching Ideas KidZania Manila Sneak Peek: Top 5 Reasons Why Every Child Should Check This Place Out by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 2nd, 2015
Ever since the announcement that KidZania was coming to Manila, kids, parents and teachers alike all got giddy and excited. Being a preschool teacher and child at heart, I too just couldn’t wait. It took more than a year, but finally, KidZania is opening its doors to the public this Aug. 7, 2015!
For those who have no idea what KidZania is all about, let me tell you all about it. KidZania is a place where kids rule. It’s a mini community whe... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Reading and Language, Teaching Ideas FarFaria: Digital Children’s Books for the iPad, iPhone and Android Devices by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 2nd, 2014
Through our ever evolving technology, knowledge is now at every child’s fingertips. Though some would still disagree on introducing gadgets to young children, I have to admit that it has its pros and cons. Just like all things in life, proper moderation and rules in using gadgets goes a long way.
Recently, I learned about a new app called FarFaria. Basically, it’s an app with a whole library of children’s books. Through this app, childre... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Lifestyle and Events, Math and Numbers, Schools and Learning Centers, Teaching Seminars, Tips for Parents, Workshops and Seminars Smart Senses: a 2-in-1 Talk by Learning Library and Mathemagis by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 15th, 2014
We all know how important it is for children to be exposed to books, but do you know what kind of books are right for your kids? This March 22, get tips on choosing the right books for your kids with Ms. Raissa Cortez-Calunsag from the Learning Library. Moreover, find out how we can make the dreadful Maths turn into a fun and more enjoyable experience with Ms. Ina Cuisa-Sehwani from Mathemagis. All this for free at Smart Senses!
Sm... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family, Featured, Teaching Ideas, Tips for Parents Project Mom: Sharing Convenient and Successful Tips on Motherhood by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 21st, 2013
When I think of motherhood, the first image that comes to mind is that of a sweet baby peacefully sleeping in my arms – tiny little fingers, cute little nose, funny little giggle and more. We think of all these wonderful things and feel all giddy and excited, but we forget how much work also needs to be put in.
We were taught about the “baby-making” process in high school, and were even given detailed explanations of how babies are forme... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fieldtrip Suggestions, Teaching Ideas Ocean Adventure Field Trip for All Ages by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 6th, 2013
I first went to Ocean Adventure in Subic back when I was still in high school. Back then, Ocean Adventure only had the sea lion and dolphin show. Today however, they’ve added 2 more attractions that will surely make both kids and adult not only have fun, but appreciate nature even more.
After roughly 8 years… I’m back! This time however, my friends and I got to spend the night at the Camayan Beach Resort! If you’re going to Subic... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Classroom Designs, Featured, Teaching Ideas, Teaching Tales, Tips for Parents Safe Magnetic Boards for the Preschool Classroom by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 2nd, 2013
We preschool teachers have a lot on our plate and it can sometimes be difficult to keep track of things. We need to give out home works, prepare lesson plans, give out memos, prepare for events, etc. A cork board in the classroom is really becoming a necessity! I however, refuse to use one in fear that one of my students would play with it and hurt themselves with the thumbtacks or pushpins.
Well, guess what? I found the perfect solution! My bro... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Christmas, Classroom Designs, Featured, Holiday crafts, Teaching Ideas Classroom Fireplace Decor for Christmas by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 24th, 2012
We didn't have a Christmas tree nor any big Christmas lanterns, so where could we put the gifts on Christmas Day? Hmm.... why not build a fireplace!
What you will need:
White Cartolina or Bond Paper
Brown, red and black paint
Red, orange and yellow paper
What you will do:
Step 1: To get that "wood" effect, we painted on white cartolina using the colors Re... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fieldtrip Suggestions, Schools and Learning Centers, Science Experiments, Teaching Ideas, Tips for Parents First Robotics Learning Center: Math, Science and Engineering for Preschoolers by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 11th, 2012
Kids love playing with robots! They play with a variety of these each day. They play with simple robots like toy cars to more complicated robots that walk, talk or even fly. The world of science fascinates them without any of us even realizing how deep this fascination could go.
I personally am very much fascinated with robots, however, playing with them and learning to make them are two very different things. The idea of learning robotics is ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Teaching Seminars, Tips for Parents, Workshops and Seminars Multiple Intelligences: What’s the Best Way to Teach Children? by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 25th, 2012
Each of us learns differently. Some like reading books to learn more about a specific topic, others prefer the audiobook, and still others prefer to watch a play. There’s nothing wrong with either of these methods, we simply enjoy different methods because we each learn differently. Thing is, schools focus too much on reading, writing and numbers that the other learning styles are often ignored.
For those of you who are unaware of it... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Teaching Ideas, Teaching Seminars, Teaching Tales, Tips for Parents Learning About Neurodiversity at the Superkids Conference 2012 by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 25th, 2012
The Superkids Conference is an interactive Conference and Exhibition on Early Childhood Education for teachers and parents alike. It takes place once a year and has been happening since 2010 if I remember correctly. Every year, the Superkids Conference just keeps getting bigger and better. I’m so glad I got to be part of it this year!
The main speaker this year was Dr. Thomas Armstrong - an author, speaker and educational consultan... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )