- Filed under: Colors and Shapes, Featured, Teaching Ideas, Tips for Parents Gimbal’s Gourmet Jelly Beans: Yummy Jelly Beans Made with Real Fruit Juice by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 25th, 2016
Kids LOVE candy! And as much as we want them to stay healthy, a little junk food and sweets (in my personal opinion) is fine. I mean, it IS part of growing up... at least it was for me. Recently however, I learned of this new treat that's a tad bit healthier than most candies as it is not only made of real fruit juice, but rich in antioxidant and Vitamin C. Oooh, interesting right?
In 1898, Alexander Gimbal founded the Gimbal Candy Kitchen in ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Carboload, Health and Fitness Chaplin Cafe: Indulge in Delicious Mediterranean Food at a Cozy Restaurant in Century City Mall by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 21st, 2016
"Take your time, that's our motto," owner Yuval Mann would tell us as we sat down enjoying dinner in his cozy little restaurant. Chaplin was after all built around that concept -- that amidst the hustle and bustle of everyday life, this is a place for you to just sit down, relax and unwind. The restaurant's yellow light, wooden interior and soft music will really make you just want to forget all your worries as you enjoy a cup of their delicious ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, First Day of School, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, workout and exercise F45: Functional Training in 45 Minutes by Cheryl Villareal on Nov 3rd, 2015
Each of us has our own interest when it comes to working out. Some people can spend hours just running on the road, while others find that boring and prefer other sports like boxing or muay thai. Some enjoy working out at the regular gym, while others prefer circuit training or crossfit. While all these exercises reap various benefits, F45 has opted to combine all these into 45minutes of madness, 6 days a week.
The gym is “rearrang... Read More » Tags Share Comments (4 )
- Filed under: Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, workout and exercise Crossfit Mad Minute: Where It’s All About Community by Cheryl Villareal on Jul 24th, 2015
For the past years, I’ve been trying a variety of workouts and have even grown addicted to some!…my motivation? No one else but my workout buddy and fiance, Philippe. Working out is really more fun when you have friends or people to support you, and this is exactly what makes CrossFit Mad Minute stand out.
Crossfit has grown widely popular in the Metro as more and more people are recognizing its benefits. There is probably a crossfit... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness Primal Ape Crossfit: Big Box for Big Results by Cheryl Villareal on Jul 2nd, 2015
A couple months ago, I started hearing about this cool new crossfit gym in Makati. My friend had just started working out there and highly recommended it. However, since I never tried crossfit, I was hesitant to try it out. I’m sure glad I changed my mind.
Primal Ape Crossfit is located along Chino Roces Ave. in Makati. Outside, it still looks very small as construction around it is still ongoing. However, upon stepping in, you’d be amazed... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, workout and exercise Nike Women Digital Media Conference and N+TC Workout with Emelda Vincent by Cheryl Villareal on Mar 30th, 2015
Women today are very versatile. We crave exercise. We seek adventure. We are strong and “macho” yet continue to be the passionate and gentle caregivers we need to be. A few weeks ago, I attended the Nike Women Digital Media Conference and got the chance to listen to different Nike women share their thoughts, insights and experiences using Nike.
Defining the Nike Woman
The first to take the stage was Nike Southeast Asia Brand D... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Fit and Healthy Tupperware Eco Botttles: Refreshing Detox Drink on-the-go by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 30th, 2014
Drinking more than eight glasses of water a day is already good for hydrating your system but adding a few ingredients can do more, helping to flush out harmful toxins in your body. From rejuvenating the skin to preventing high blood pressure and liver-related disease, the benefits of taking your daily dose of detox water are endless and can only be for your own good!
To make your own detox drink, simply mix two or more of th... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: circuit training, Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, workout and exercise MediCard – Metafit Fitness Boot Camp Season 3: Get Fit and Strong through Metafit by Cheryl Villareal on Jan 21st, 2014
Being fit isn’t just about having the right curves and looking good. Being fit means FEELING good and FEELING strong. Just because you’re thin, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re fit. These are just some of the things when I joined FitFil a few years ago and what you’ll surely learn when you join season 3 of Metafit this February.
What: Medicard-Metafit Fitness Boot Camp Season 3
Where: Cul-de-Sac of Westagate ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )