- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips Newton V: The Shoe That Changed Everything Just Got Better by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 14th, 2016
When thinking about running, one of the first things we need to consider is our running shoe. There are several excellent brands out there, but not all will be the perfect fit for you. One of the leading running shoe brands is Newton. The name was derived from Sir Isaac Newton and his 3rd law of motion which states that “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.” The Newton brand lives by this motto, making sure that they a... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels adidas PureBOOST X: Uniquely Designed for Today’s Female Athletes by Cheryl Villareal on Mar 6th, 2016
When it comes to running, one of the first things anyone considers is what shoes to wear. While the entire apparel is definitely important, the shoes would be the first priority. Without the proper running shoes, you put yourself at risk of injury. Now I’ll be honest and say there are really A LOT of good shoes in the market nowadays. More than just design and functionality, the right pair of shoes also depend on the user. I always tell friend... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Li-Ning Manila Run 2015–With Over 8 Singlet Designs to Choose From! by Cheryl Villareal on May 12th, 2015
Many of us know the brand Li-Ning for their basketball and badminton shoes, but did you know they also carried running shoes and apparel?
Li-Ning is a fast-growing global sports brand which has a strong presence around the world. Founded in 1990, the company has signed up important sports superstars like Ngoni Makusha (athletics), Marin Cilic (tennis), Chen Long (badminton), and Evan Turner and Dwyane Wade (basketball) into its fold. The brand... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels adidas Unveils the Greatest Running Shoe Ever–the Ultra Boost! by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 15th, 2015
Herzogenaurach, Germany (2015) – The Energy Running revolution has taken a bold new step as adidas unveiled the greatest running shoe ever, Ultra BOOST. At a guarded launch location in New York City. Yohan Blake, David Villa, Sammy Watkins and a team of elite athletes pledged their allegiance to the revolution while hundreds of witnesses from around the world were onsite for the introduction of Ultra BOOST.
Attending athlet... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels Benjamin Alves for Brooks: “Why Do I Run” by Cheryl Villareal on Mar 22nd, 2015
Why do you run? If you're a follower of this blog, you've probably seen me ask that question a couple of times. We all have our own reasons on why we run - for health, fitness or recreation.
Brooks gets up close and personal with celebrity athlete Benjamin Alves to find out how running fuels him to do better. For those of you unfamiliar with him, he is a Filipino actor and model under GMA network, and nephew of the well-known Piolo Pascual.
... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels Nike Air Zoom Structure 18: Stability Has Never Been Faster by Cheryl Villareal on Dec 6th, 2014
Once you’ve finally decided to live a healthier lifestyle through running, the first question you ask would probably be, “what shoes should I buy?” Though the idea of buying new shoes surely excites most people, we have to take note of the type of shoes that would best fit us. Some shoes are meant for speed, others for comfort, others for stability and so on. Moreover, the type of shoe you purchase would also depend on your foot type. Runne... Read More » Tags Share Comments (14 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels, Running News and Highlights Holiday Sale Kicks Off at Runnr and Brooks for Runners and Cyclists by Cheryl Villareal on Nov 14th, 2014
The most wonderful time of the year is quickly approaching and of course, what makes it even better is the holiday sale! Runnr and Brooks are kicking off the holiday sale and giving us an early Christmas with a variety of pre-holiday promos!
Running and Cycling Expo at Runnr BHS
From November 14 – 16, visit Runnr BHS and enjoy up to 70% off in their running and cycling expo at Runnr BHS! They will also be having a free runni... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Featured, Health and Fitness, Outreach Projects, Run for a Cause Share Your #MessagesofHope for the Victims of Yolanda by Cheryl Villareal on Nov 13th, 2014
It was all over the news. A huge storm was coming, and the Philippines was in its path. The rest of the world called it Haiyan, we named it Yolanda. We were used to typhoons in the Philippines, but we weren’t ready for one of the strongest and most powerful typhoons on earth.
Last Nov. 8, 2013, Yolanda made landfall and struck several parts of the Philippines. One of the most badly hit cities was Tacloban. More than just cars and properties,... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels adidas Boost: What Boosts Your Run? (Video) by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 16th, 2014
The adidas Boost was first release sometime last year, 2013. Back then, they only had 1 color to choose from. I was happy the shoes I had at that time and paid little attention to this new line. However, my fiancé Philippe had just gotten back into running and decided to give these shoes a try. He was so happy with the shoes that he would constantly tell me about his runs - how the shoes made his landing softer, how he felt lighter with them, et... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Running Gear and Apparels, Running News and Highlights What Boosts Your Run? by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 12th, 2014
We all started running for different reasons. Most people did it to lose some weight, others just to have fun, others to stay fit and still others to maybe get over a heartbreak. We all start running for different reasons, we all continue doing it because we learn to love it.
I never considered myself to be a professional runner. I share my knowledge with friends and I keep running 'coz it's fun. Being part of adidas' BOOST YOUR RUN campai... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )