- Filed under: Charity Works, Family and Parenting, Foundations and Organizations, Lifestyle and Events, Outreach Projects, People and Places, Shows in Manila, Workshops and Seminars PETA Love Artszone Project: Eliminating Corporal Punishment with Positive Discipline by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 21st, 2013
The relationship between a parent and a child is one bound by love, but the manner of communicating that love can make or break the relationship in the long run. Here in the Philippines, two out of three parents have been found to use corporal punishment as a disciplinary method on their children while nine out of 10 parents who practice corporal punishment have also been subjected by their parents to it, according to a 2011 Pulse Asia Perception... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Foundations and Organizations, Outreach Projects Non-Profit Organization “Called to Rescue” Calls for Help by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 12th, 2013
Did you know ….
that about 8 in 10 of the suspected incidents of human trafficking were classified as sex trafficking by the Bureau of Justice Statistics
that an estimated 60,000 to 100,000 children in the Philippines are involved in prostitution rings according to UNICEF
and that between 1.2 million and 1.8 million children are trafficked each year world-wide according to the International Labor Organization
In a repor... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Books, Charity Works, Featured, Foundations and Organizations, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places, Volunteer Works The 2013 Journal That Will Actually Change Yours and Someone Else’s Lives by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 24th, 2012
2012 is nearing the end and a lot of us are getting ready to welcome the new year with new furniture, new clothes, fireworks and more. One thing that’s become a necessity for busy folks like myself before the new year rolls in is a planner! With all the events, meetings and random places I need to go, I’d just be LOST without my planner.
I’m sure all of you are already on the lookout for cool planners all over the mall and even... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Foundations and Organizations, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences, Run for a Cause The World Vision Fun Run gives hope! (Results of the Run) by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 29th, 2012
The World Vision Fun Run was held last June 24, 2012 at the Mall of Asia in hopes of raising enough funds for several children's education, health, protection and more. Moreover, through the run, World Vision hoped to make people more aware of their advocacy and maybe even encourage a handful of runners to sponsor a child.
I fully support this cause and wanted to join the others in promoting World Vision's advocacy.... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Foundations and Organizations, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Isa, Dalawa, Takbo! Run for Children’s Rights! by Cheryl Golangco on May 16th, 2012
Got any fun runs yet planned for June 24, 2012? It's still in a month so maybe you can set aside this date for the kids. Won't you?
Children may not know much yet, but they still have rights that adults need to learn to respect! Many times, these rights are taken away from them, and being the young and fragile beings that they are, they can't do anything about it. BUT WE CAN! Let's be their voice... and one way to do it is by joining... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Foundations and Organizations, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Hyundai RUN for a Cause 2: Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. Continues to Celebrate Life and Wellness for All by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 24th, 2012
Last year, in celebration of Hyundai’s 10th anniversary, the Hyundai team decided to put together a FUN RUN for a cause! What better way to celebrate success than by sharing what you have right? And of course, just like in any birthday celebration, it was Hyundai’s treat to all runners! The Hyundai RUN for a Cause kicked off last April 2, 2011 at the Quirino Grandstand and was the first-ever automotive-sponsored fun run in the Philippines! Th... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Foundations and Organizations, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause St. Scholastica’s Academy Marikina presents ScholaRun 2 by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 20th, 2012
Education is a very valuable thing! Those who have it, often take it for granted, and those who don’t, strive hard to get it. St. Scholastica’s Academy Marikina Alumnae Association understands this need and organized a fun run called “ScholaRun” in hopes of raising enough funds to send those deserving to school.
SCHOlaRUN is a fun run activity organized by SSAMAA to raise funds for financially challenged but deserving scholar... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Books, Business and Services, Charity Works, Featured, Foundations and Organizations, Inspirational Stories, Lifestyle and Events, Magazines and Articles, Outreach Projects, Teaching Ideas, Volunteer Works Floating Book Fair and more with Logos Hope by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 13th, 2012
When I first heard of a floating book fair 2 years ago, I was already ecstatic! Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to go visit Logos Hope because I was too busy doing my thesis back then. So imagine my joy and excitement when I found out they were back!
I visited LOGOS HOPE twice.. once on Friday (March 9) with my co-teachers and again on Saturday with my brother and friends. I had lots of fun browsing though all the books wh... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Foundations and Organizations, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause 143 Go Run 2: Run for the Kids of the Philippine Heart Center by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 11th, 2012
Valentines Day is coming up! Got that special someone you have in mind? Your heart probably skips a beat every time you think of that special someone. Well, for some kids and patients at the Philippine Heart Center, their hearts have just been broken. So maybe this year, we can think of them.
Last year, the first 143 GO run was able to donate up to 100,000php to the social services division of the Philippine Heart Center. This year, th... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Foundations and Organizations, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Race for the Orphans by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 23rd, 2012
As a teacher, I know how important education is for the young children. Though several only think it is the latter years that are important, studies have shown that it is the early years of education that mold the child to the person he or she will grow up to be.
For most of you reading this post, you have been blessed with a strong foundation and good education that will help get you through the rest of your lives. For several others however,... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )