- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Color Manila Blacklight Run: Glowing Lights Seen All Over Filinvest by Cheryl Golangco on May 19th, 2015
If you’re looking for an event to experience your first fun run, you can never go wrong with one of Color Manila’s awesome runs! As the name says so… it’s a COLOR RUN! No pressure, no time, just plain and simple fun! Regardless how many times I’ve joined their fun runs, I still can’t seem to get enough of it and still enjoy every single time.
Last May 16, Color Manila COLORED the streets of Filinvest with the first ever Color Manil... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Nike All Women’s 10k Run: Over 8,000 Women Conquer Alabang by Cheryl Golangco on May 15th, 2015
The usual unisex runs have about 3,000 – 15,000 runners, so when I was told that over 8,000 women participated in the recently concluded Nike All Women’s 10k Run… my jaw dropped!
What?! More than 8,000 runners participated?!…and these were all women?! WOW!! Just wow! I didn’t realize how many women were slowly getting into running and how women are definitely taking over. It makes me feel proud that more and more women are looking at a... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Li-Ning Manila Run 2015–With Over 8 Singlet Designs to Choose From! by Cheryl Golangco on May 12th, 2015
Many of us know the brand Li-Ning for their basketball and badminton shoes, but did you know they also carried running shoes and apparel?
Li-Ning is a fast-growing global sports brand which has a strong presence around the world. Founded in 1990, the company has signed up important sports superstars like Ngoni Makusha (athletics), Marin Cilic (tennis), Chen Long (badminton), and Evan Turner and Dwyane Wade (basketball) into its fold. The brand... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause World Vision Run 2015: The Difference is Love by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 29th, 2015
“For 58 years in the Philippines, international child-focused organization, World Vision, has taken huge strides to ensure that Filipino children enjoy the fullness of life thy deserve. These efforts gave birth to what is now the most-anticipated running event of the World Vision supporters and partners, the World Vision Run.”
The idea first started back in 2011 when a few members from World Vision decided to put up a fun run for a cause i... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause PDIC Takbo 2: Run for the Victims of Yolanda by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 26th, 2015
It’s been over a year since Typhoon Haiyan/ Yolanda struck the Philippines, leaving several homeless, jobless or worse. Though the rest of the country seems to have already moved on, those that were directly in the typhoon’s path still continue to struggle to make ends meet. This is where PDIC comes in.
The Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation (PDIC) is a government instrumentality created in 1963 by virtue of Republic Act 3591 to in... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Sun Warriors at the Watson’s Color Manila Challenge: Adding Color and Life to the Typical Obstacle Course by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 25th, 2015
Last Sunday, April 19, Color Manila had a 2nd Color Manila Run for the year 2015. However, instead of just doing it the way they usually do, a unique partnership with Watson’s challenged runners to take it up a notch.More than just the usual color runs, Color Manila changed our notion of obstacle courses by making sure it was fun and colorful! This summer, Watsons makes the season even more exciting with its partnership with Color Manila. The W... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Superheroes Conquer the Mall of Asia Grounds at the World of DC Fun Run by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 19th, 2015
Yesterday, March 19, thousands of runners arrived at the Mall of Asia grounds as early as 4am to participate of the first ever official World of DC Fun Run! It was a run for the books as it allowed both kids and kids at heart to enjoy a special day together as superheroes!
Batman and Wonder woman crossing the line with their twins! Who knew? (heehee)
It was really great seeing all the runners just dress up like their favorite superheroes!... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Tips on Running with Pacers at Run United by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 18th, 2015
In the recently concluded Run United 1, Unilab Active Health introduced the idea of pacers to help runners achieve their target time and finish faster and stronger.
Maintaining an active lifestyle has always been the advocacy of Unilab Active Health. To elevate Run United’s training component, pacers were introduced in Run United 1 held on March 8 at the Mall of Asia grounds in Pasay City. Unilab Active head Alex Panlilio says pacers provide... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness AffiniTea’s Brown Race Marathon for a Cause this December 2015 by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 16th, 2015
Earlier, I shared the details for AffiniTea’s upcoming Raise D’ Roof 2015. As exciting as it sounds, AffiniTea has more in store for you as they present their first ever FULL marathon this December! - The Brown Race Marathon. From the name itself, you can already guess the inspiration behind this run. If not, well, being Filipinos, we should be PROUD of our color… of our BROWN race. It’s about our history and how we have grown as a nation... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels Benjamin Alves for Brooks: “Why Do I Run” by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 22nd, 2015
Why do you run? If you're a follower of this blog, you've probably seen me ask that question a couple of times. We all have our own reasons on why we run - for health, fitness or recreation.
Brooks gets up close and personal with celebrity athlete Benjamin Alves to find out how running fuels him to do better. For those of you unfamiliar with him, he is a Filipino actor and model under GMA network, and nephew of the well-known Piolo Pascual.
... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )