- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Pinoy Fitness Kasama Run – A Group Run Like No Other by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 26th, 2016
Who do you run with? ... your spouse? Your best friend? Your gym buddy? A family member? Regardless of who you run with, I think most of us can agree that running with friends is what makes fun runs... FUN.
This August 14, Pinoy Fitness celebrates its 7th anniversary with a run for the whole family/ barkada. It's a run that will allow you to really celebrate with all your friends and loved ones who've supported you and ran with you through the... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Duathlon, Fit and Healthy, Fun in Manila, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Lifestyle and Events, Multisport, People and Places, Results and Experiences, Travel and Events Batangas Earth and Fire Festival 2016: Ride, Run, and Play in Balete by Nel de Leon on May 18th, 2016
Ever thought of going to Balete, Batangas for a nice weekend getaway?
Batangas is roughly a two-hour drive from Manila and is probably the first in mind when we think of a nice beach or hiking activity. Usually, it's the popular towns that get in the list first -- Nasugbu, Cuenca, Taal, Laiya. How about considering Balete?
Sherdon and I got to experience Balete at the Batangas Earth and Fire Festival on the last weekend of January, organize... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Dusk to Dawn: Run for Road Safety 2016 by Cheryl Villareal on May 5th, 2016
The first-ever Auto Review Road Safety Olympics season is coming to a close. Soon. But before that curtain call, the much anticipated running event and fuel economy run will first be held, coinciding with the start of the 2016 season.
Set this May 22, 2016, Sunday at the SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City, the Auto Review Road Safety Olympics finale-cum-launch dubbed as: "Dusk-to-Dawn" (D2D) event is eyed as the most exciting highlight affair ever ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Night Run Color Manila Blacklight Run: A “Party” Run for a Cause by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 22nd, 2016
Back in 2013, Color Manila hosted the first and biggest color fun run in the country. The run was like no other as it literally filled the streets of BGC with color. Thousands, including both running enthusiasts and non-runners participated in this one-of-a-kind fun run for all ages. The goal, more than just running for fitness, was to just let everyone have fun.
The Color Manila Run Franchise:
The first Color Manila... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels, Running News and Highlights Boost Manila: adidas Hosts the First and Biggest Running Community Meet in the Country by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 22nd, 2016
A few days ago, someone asked me what keeps me motivated to run. While a lot of runners have their BIG and inspiring reasons, I really just started running because I was somehow forced to. What kept me running on the other hand was the knowledge that I wanted to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I won’t deny that there were many times that I just didn’t want to get up at 3am to run, however, knowing that my friends were waiting for me gave me tha... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Health and Nutrition, Running Tips, workout and exercise Preparing for the Big Race: The Stuff They Forgot to Teach You by Cheryl Villareal on Mar 23rd, 2016
So you just heard about another famous run happening in a few months and you quickly register for the 21k category. You still have a few months to prepare and you’re used to running long distance runs. You think to yourself, this won’t be a problem. You start training by running 10-20 hours a week, eating a bunch of food you thought was healthy (rice my friends is NOT healthy) and getting less sleep ‘coz you’ve still got to report to the ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause NatGeo Earth Day Run 2016: 5 Countries, 4 Beneficiaries, 1 Earth! by Cheryl Villareal on Mar 6th, 2016
Considered one of the biggest and fastest-growing running events in the Philippines, National Geographic Channel’s Earth Day Run will be going international when it marks its seventh year on April 17, 2016. In celebration of seven years of promoting fitness and caring for the environment, Earth Day Run 2016 will be happening simultaneously for the first time in five cities across the region: Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tai Chung, and Manila... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause The Mommy Milkshake Run 2016 by Cheryl Villareal on Feb 15th, 2016
Just like anything, things get easier when you have a group or community behind you. For the past year, Mommy Mundo has been exactly that for many new moms. However, besides all the helpful tips and trick Janice shares on her blog, she also brings the community closer together by hosting a variety of events each with the goal of helping make life a little bit easier for Filipino moms.
Now, without question…we all know how important family ti... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Watson’s Color Manila Sun Warrior Challenge at the Mall of Asia by Cheryl Villareal on Feb 13th, 2016
2016 just got even more colorful that it’s already been as Color Manila brings us 3 new races for the months of February and March! Having joined a few of Color Manila’s races in the past, I can honestly say just how fun (and slightly messy) their races are! It’s the perfect race to join with friends and family… even those who don’t like running! Just make sure you’re ready to get a little messy!
Watson’s Color Manila Sun Warri... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Nike+ First Ever All Women Half-Marathon by Cheryl Villareal on Feb 12th, 2016
Last year, Nike rocked our world as it brought us the first ever Nike All Women 10k Race… this year, they’re challenging the ladies even more by upgrading that 10k to a half marathon! Last year, almost 9,000 fit and fab ladies participated in the all-female 10k race, this year, Nike hopes that even more lovely ladies will join its first all-women half marathon in the country! Continuing the tradition and spirit of last year's race... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )