- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels Gatorade Run 2015 and Its New Powerhouse Line-Up of Ambassadors by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 4th, 2015
After a historic stroll down memory lane in celebration of its golden anniversary, Gatorade is all set to pave the way for greatness. The world’s favorite sports drink beefs up its roster with the official launch of its newest variant – the orange and grapefruit flavor based White Lightning.
With the new variant comes a powerhouse line-up of ambassadors who are among the top local athletes of this generation—UAAP ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness New Balance Power Run 2015: Same Good Race, Brand New Venue by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 15th, 2015
The New Balance Power Run must be one of the veterans when it comes to running events. They’ve been around for several years now and are most known for the unique 25k distance category! This year, the New Balance Power Run will once again bring us the same cool categories and freebies but with a brand new route that’s never been used before!
New Balance Power Run 2015
When: November 8, 2015 (Sunday)
Where: Vista C... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause SunPiology Run 2015: Candy Themed Obstacle Run to Kick Diabetes by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 10th, 2015
For the past 7 years, Sunlife has been holding fun runs in the metro for a variety of causes, all aimed towards helping our fellowmen. This year, it’s all about KICKING diabetes.
Did you know that diabetes has affected close to 400 million people worldwide? In fact, the Philippines is among the TOP 15 COUNTRIES with diabetes! Global health statistics show that the Philippines has become an “emerging hotspot” of diabetes as it... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause UNICEF Heroes for Children Run: A Benefit Run for the Benefit of Unicef by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 22nd, 2015
I’m sure you’re all familiar with UNICEF. To those unaware of it, UNICEF is a foundation that promotes the rights and well-being of every child, in everything they do. Together with their partners, they work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into a practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
This October, UNICEF Celebr... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness The Music Run Manila by Philam Life by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 6th, 2015
Music always makes things seem easier, don’t you think? When it comes to working out, the music’s tempo helps a lot with the type of workout you’re going for. A hiphop or upbeat sound will really get your blood pumping while a slow or mellow sound will make you slow down. When running, most runners usually have a pair of earphones plugged into their ears to help them keep a steady pace. Moreover, the music keeps their mind off the distance ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Soleus Run for the Aspins: A Fund Raising Awareness Against Dog Cruelty and Abuse by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 28th, 2015
I’m an animal lover, I’ve always love all kinds of animas since I was young. If only I had enough funds, I would want to put up a no-kill shelter and save our animals from being hurt or abused. It just pains me to see how heartless some people can be that they choose to hurt and abuse helpless little animals.
This October, Soleus is putting together a run to help raise awareness and funds to victims of animal abuse.
The Soleus Run for t... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Greenfield City Run: Run for Generations 2015 by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 16th, 2015
My first 5km run was back in 2009 in the Greenfield City Clean Air Run! I remember thinking to myself, “why on earth did I agree to run?!” Despite my constant complaints to my partner, I was really happy with the route. More than just the feel of nature surrounding me, it was really nice to run in a place with so little cars. Little did I know that this was the start of my love for running.
On its 9th year, Greenfield once again brings run... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Kagay-an Festival by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 5th, 2015
Ever wanted to run outside Manila? What about running in Cagayan de Oro? This August, be part of the Kagay-Festival Marathon and run a marathon around Cagayan!
Kagay-an Festivan Marathon 2015
When: August 23, 2015 (Sunday)
Where: Centrio Mall, Cagayan de Oro City
Race Organizer: Circle Productions, Inc.
Race Categories: 42km, 21km, 5km, 3km
Gun Start Times: 3:00am, 4:00am, 6:00am, 6:10am respectively
Registration Sit... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences 8th Robinson’s Fit & Fun Wellness Buddy Run: Getting Healthy in Pairs by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 8th, 2015
I’ve been joining the Robinsons’s Fit & Fun Wellness Buddy Run for quite some time now. I’ve always enjoyed this run mostly because of the idea that you have to start and finish with your partner. The idea is pretty simple, but makes everything all the more fun. Last July 5, thousands, including CEOs and celebrities ran in pairs for the 8th Robinson’s Supermarket Fit & Fun Wellness Buddy Run held in Bonifacio Global City Taguig.... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Sofitel Manila Half Marathon Registration Now Open! by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 24th, 2015
Since it started with the Battle of the Sexes last 2012, the Sofitel Manila runs had quickly become a race most people would look forward to. It is not only fun and organized, but it’s a race for a cause too – one factor I feel is very important when choosing races.
Last year, Sofitel Philippine Plaza held its first half marathon. This year, Sofitel Manila continues to cultivate a lifestyle of wellness as it holds the 2015 Sofitel Manila H... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )