- Filed under: Charity Works, Family and Parenting, Lifestyle and Events Domex “Fiesta” Video: A Pledge for One Million Clean Toilets by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 18th, 2014
Whenever I go out and do restaurant or hotel reviews, I often take into consideration what the comfort rooms look like. You see, I feel it's one of the few things people tend to overlook and give less importance to, but should actually be a main priority. In our own homes, some people go all out in decorating their living rooms and bedrooms but would often neglect their comfort rooms. Did you know though, that 7 million people in the Philippines ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Featured, Health and Fitness, Outreach Projects, Run for a Cause Share Your #MessagesofHope for the Victims of Yolanda by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 13th, 2014
It was all over the news. A huge storm was coming, and the Philippines was in its path. The rest of the world called it Haiyan, we named it Yolanda. We were used to typhoons in the Philippines, but we weren’t ready for one of the strongest and most powerful typhoons on earth.
Last Nov. 8, 2013, Yolanda made landfall and struck several parts of the Philippines. One of the most badly hit cities was Tacloban. More than just cars and properties,... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause, walkathons Takbo Mo Buhay Ko Charity Run on April 27 by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 8th, 2014
Birthdays are special, don’t you agree? Well, Coach Clarissa Calingasan thinks so too. Hence, several years ago, she began the foundation Kaarawan Mo, Buhay ko.
“Kaarawan Mo, Buhay Ko Foundation Inc.” is to help needy children and adolescents, regardless of nationality, social status, or religion. The foundation acts selflessly and focuses solely for charitable purposes.Kaarawan Mo, Buhay Ko Foundation, a charitable organization, founded... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Family and Parenting, Foundations and Organizations, Lifestyle and Events, Outreach Projects, People and Places, Shows in Manila, Workshops and Seminars PETA Love Artszone Project: Eliminating Corporal Punishment with Positive Discipline by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 21st, 2013
The relationship between a parent and a child is one bound by love, but the manner of communicating that love can make or break the relationship in the long run. Here in the Philippines, two out of three parents have been found to use corporal punishment as a disciplinary method on their children while nine out of 10 parents who practice corporal punishment have also been subjected by their parents to it, according to a 2011 Pulse Asia Perception... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Foundations and Organizations, Outreach Projects Non-Profit Organization “Called to Rescue” Calls for Help by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 12th, 2013
Did you know ….
that about 8 in 10 of the suspected incidents of human trafficking were classified as sex trafficking by the Bureau of Justice Statistics
that an estimated 60,000 to 100,000 children in the Philippines are involved in prostitution rings according to UNICEF
and that between 1.2 million and 1.8 million children are trafficked each year world-wide according to the International Labor Organization
In a repor... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Books, Charity Works, Featured, Foundations and Organizations, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places, Volunteer Works The 2013 Journal That Will Actually Change Yours and Someone Else’s Lives by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 24th, 2012
2012 is nearing the end and a lot of us are getting ready to welcome the new year with new furniture, new clothes, fireworks and more. One thing that’s become a necessity for busy folks like myself before the new year rolls in is a planner! With all the events, meetings and random places I need to go, I’d just be LOST without my planner.
I’m sure all of you are already on the lookout for cool planners all over the mall and even... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Family and Parenting, Featured, Inspirational Stories ABS-CBN “Gift-Together” Project: Bringing Families Closer this Christmas by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 20th, 2012
Christmas is one of the best times of the year. It's actually my personal favorite. I don't know how to explain it, or what kind of atoms and molecules are in the air as the "ber" months approach, but Christmas makes us feel and do weird things. It makes us feel warm and cuddly, it makes us feel generous and happy, most of all, it makes us feel and remember the people we love. Christmas is a time to love.
When I think of Christmas, I... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Faith and Religion, Inspirational Stories, Just Me, Workshops and Seminars Light Thursday’s Lost and Found (Part 2): The Parable of the Prodigal Son by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 28th, 2012
Are you familiar with the story of the Prodigal Son? This story has been shared to us several times since we were young, and I’m sure it’s been used as reference in many other scenarios. In week 2 of the LOST AND FOUND series, our preacher George Gabriel shared the story of the Prodigal Son. Though this story is so familiar to me already, I especially loved the way he shared it tonight. He tried tackling the story from a different point of vi... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Foundations and Organizations, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences, Run for a Cause The World Vision Fun Run gives hope! (Results of the Run) by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 29th, 2012
The World Vision Fun Run was held last June 24, 2012 at the Mall of Asia in hopes of raising enough funds for several children's education, health, protection and more. Moreover, through the run, World Vision hoped to make people more aware of their advocacy and maybe even encourage a handful of runners to sponsor a child.
I fully support this cause and wanted to join the others in promoting World Vision's advocacy.... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause World Vision Run – “Towards Fullness of Life!” by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 1st, 2012
Poverty in the Philippines is crazy! Even without looking at the statistics, you could see with your own two eyes just how bad it is! And what saddens me even more is when I see the mom or dad carrying a new born child while holding a 1 year old child in the other hand. I know this all comes back to the laws and whatever, but that’s not what I’m writing about. These kids were born with nothing, but it doesn’t mean they have to grow up havin... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )