- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Dusk to Dawn: Run for Road Safety 2016 by Cheryl Villareal on May 5th, 2016
The first-ever Auto Review Road Safety Olympics season is coming to a close. Soon. But before that curtain call, the much anticipated running event and fuel economy run will first be held, coinciding with the start of the 2016 season.
Set this May 22, 2016, Sunday at the SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City, the Auto Review Road Safety Olympics finale-cum-launch dubbed as: "Dusk-to-Dawn" (D2D) event is eyed as the most exciting highlight affair ever ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Night Run Color Manila Blacklight Run: A “Party” Run for a Cause by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 22nd, 2016
Back in 2013, Color Manila hosted the first and biggest color fun run in the country. The run was like no other as it literally filled the streets of BGC with color. Thousands, including both running enthusiasts and non-runners participated in this one-of-a-kind fun run for all ages. The goal, more than just running for fitness, was to just let everyone have fun.
The Color Manila Run Franchise:
The first Color Manila... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause The Amway Nutrilite Health Run 2016 by Cheryl Villareal on Jan 10th, 2016
Nutrilite, the number one selling vitamin and dietary supplement brand will be hosting a run for a cause this coming January 28! By joining this run, not only do you get to sweat it out and get a good morning exercise, but you even get to gift a child with a good book!
Nutrilite Health Run 2016
January 24, 2016 – SM Mall of Asia Grounds, Pasay City
February 14, 2016 – ADC CDO Perla Compania De Seguros Bldg... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause SunPiology Run 2015: Candy Themed Obstacle Run to Kick Diabetes by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 10th, 2015
For the past 7 years, Sunlife has been holding fun runs in the metro for a variety of causes, all aimed towards helping our fellowmen. This year, it’s all about KICKING diabetes.
Did you know that diabetes has affected close to 400 million people worldwide? In fact, the Philippines is among the TOP 15 COUNTRIES with diabetes! Global health statistics show that the Philippines has become an “emerging hotspot” of diabetes as it... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause UNICEF Heroes for Children Run: A Benefit Run for the Benefit of Unicef by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 22nd, 2015
I’m sure you’re all familiar with UNICEF. To those unaware of it, UNICEF is a foundation that promotes the rights and well-being of every child, in everything they do. Together with their partners, they work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into a practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
This October, UNICEF Celebr... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Run for Odyssey 2015: For the Benefit of Malnourished Children by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 5th, 2015
This year, CDO is celebrating their 40th anniversary in the industry and what better way of celebrating than by giving back.
The Run for Odyssey is an event organized by CDO Foodsphere, Inc., and has become a tradition of celebrating fun and good health. Run for Odyssey is a CDO way and expression of loving and caring for others. Proceeds of this exciting run convention go straight to the Odyssey Foundation, a non-profit organization created t... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Soleus Run for the Aspins: A Fund Raising Awareness Against Dog Cruelty and Abuse by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 28th, 2015
I’m an animal lover, I’ve always love all kinds of animas since I was young. If only I had enough funds, I would want to put up a no-kill shelter and save our animals from being hurt or abused. It just pains me to see how heartless some people can be that they choose to hurt and abuse helpless little animals.
This October, Soleus is putting together a run to help raise awareness and funds to victims of animal abuse.
The Soleus Run for t... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Sofitel Manila Half Marathon Registration Now Open! by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 24th, 2015
Since it started with the Battle of the Sexes last 2012, the Sofitel Manila runs had quickly become a race most people would look forward to. It is not only fun and organized, but it’s a race for a cause too – one factor I feel is very important when choosing races.
Last year, Sofitel Philippine Plaza held its first half marathon. This year, Sofitel Manila continues to cultivate a lifestyle of wellness as it holds the 2015 Sofitel Manila H... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause 39th Milo Marathon 2015: Marathon King and Queen to be sent to Boston to Compete in 2016 Boston Marathon by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 22nd, 2015
Some people say, that unless you’ve participated in the National Milo Marathon, you are not yet a ‘real’ runner. It is considered the godfather of races and labeled as the country’s most prestigious running event. For the past 38 years, Milo has continuously been encouraging runners to go after their dreams. This year, the National Milo Marathon, is set to mark its 39th season… and I’m just as excited as all of you!
The Milo Nati... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Night Run Energizer Night Race Manila 2015: How Far Can You Run to Light Up Someone’s Life? by Cheryl Villareal on May 30th, 2015
The Energizer Night Race is not something new to us. For the past 10 years, they’ve been bring us a variety of gimmicks to make each year’s night race much better than the year before. This year, they are yet again bringing something new for runners to enjoy as they turn the Energizer Night Race 2015 into an OPEN RUN.
So what exactly does an OPEN RUN mean? In this case, you can run as MANY loops or as FAR as you want to. Each loop is 3km,... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )