- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Sofitel Manila Half Marathon Registration Now Open! by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 24th, 2015
Since it started with the Battle of the Sexes last 2012, the Sofitel Manila runs had quickly become a race most people would look forward to. It is not only fun and organized, but it’s a race for a cause too – one factor I feel is very important when choosing races.
Last year, Sofitel Philippine Plaza held its first half marathon. This year, Sofitel Manila continues to cultivate a lifestyle of wellness as it holds the 2015 Sofitel Manila H... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause 39th Milo Marathon 2015: Marathon King and Queen to be sent to Boston to Compete in 2016 Boston Marathon by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 22nd, 2015
Some people say, that unless you’ve participated in the National Milo Marathon, you are not yet a ‘real’ runner. It is considered the godfather of races and labeled as the country’s most prestigious running event. For the past 38 years, Milo has continuously been encouraging runners to go after their dreams. This year, the National Milo Marathon, is set to mark its 39th season… and I’m just as excited as all of you!
The Milo Nati... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Night Run Energizer Night Race Manila 2015: How Far Can You Run to Light Up Someone’s Life? by Cheryl Golangco on May 30th, 2015
The Energizer Night Race is not something new to us. For the past 10 years, they’ve been bring us a variety of gimmicks to make each year’s night race much better than the year before. This year, they are yet again bringing something new for runners to enjoy as they turn the Energizer Night Race 2015 into an OPEN RUN.
So what exactly does an OPEN RUN mean? In this case, you can run as MANY loops or as FAR as you want to. Each loop is 3km,... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Alaska World Milk Day Fun Run by Cheryl Golangco on May 24th, 2015
We all know how REAL milk has a lot of benefits for our body, and every Alaska holds a run in hopes of increasing this awareness. World Milk Day is celebrated annually in many countries worldwide, providing an opportunity to focus attention on milk as a global food central to health and well- being across cultures and nations, and to highlight the contributions connected with milk and the overall dairy industry.
This year, they will launch the... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause RunFest 2015: In Partnership with Make a Wish Foundation by Cheryl Golangco on May 18th, 2015
Takbo.ph is one of the leading websites when it comes to updates on running and sporting events. Several years ago, they had their first run… and now 5 years later, they continue to be at the forefront of running! Even upgrading themselves from a simple website to an organizer through their group, LeadPack. I love the runs they organize not just because of how coordinated it is, but because of the people behind it.
This year, Takbo.ph celebr... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause World Vision Run 2015: The Difference is Love by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 29th, 2015
“For 58 years in the Philippines, international child-focused organization, World Vision, has taken huge strides to ensure that Filipino children enjoy the fullness of life thy deserve. These efforts gave birth to what is now the most-anticipated running event of the World Vision supporters and partners, the World Vision Run.”
The idea first started back in 2011 when a few members from World Vision decided to put up a fun run for a cause i... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause PDIC Takbo 2: Run for the Victims of Yolanda by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 26th, 2015
It’s been over a year since Typhoon Haiyan/ Yolanda struck the Philippines, leaving several homeless, jobless or worse. Though the rest of the country seems to have already moved on, those that were directly in the typhoon’s path still continue to struggle to make ends meet. This is where PDIC comes in.
The Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation (PDIC) is a government instrumentality created in 1963 by virtue of Republic Act 3591 to in... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness AffiniTea’s Brown Race Marathon for a Cause this December 2015 by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 16th, 2015
Earlier, I shared the details for AffiniTea’s upcoming Raise D’ Roof 2015. As exciting as it sounds, AffiniTea has more in store for you as they present their first ever FULL marathon this December! - The Brown Race Marathon. From the name itself, you can already guess the inspiration behind this run. If not, well, being Filipinos, we should be PROUD of our color… of our BROWN race. It’s about our history and how we have grown as a nation... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Affinitea Raise D’ Roof: Run for a Cause this July 5 by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 15th, 2015
2 years ago, I remember being invited to AffiniTea’s first ever run dubbed “Raise D’ Roof.” It was a very intimate gathering with few bloggers, the organizers and Affinitea’s owner Mr. Anthony Liu. It was his first time to create a race; you could see how excited he was. It wasn't just about the money, but about everything else – the beneficiary, the runners and most especially the experience. Today, AffiniTea continues to grow bigger... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness World of DC Comics All Star Fun Run on April 18 by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 7th, 2015
Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Wonderwoman… any of these names ring a bell? If you’re a fan of these superheroes, or maybe just want to join in on the fun, the World of DC Comics All Star Fun Run is something you wouldn’t want to miss.
When I first heard news of a DC Comics run, I initially thought it was just a small fun run organized by a group of fans. However, after the blogger’s night this week, I found out that this run ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )