- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Multisport, Pole Dancing Footworks Dance Studio: Pole and Aerial Classes for Fun and Fitness by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 25th, 2016
Pole dancing and Aeril Silk are sports I initially NEVER wanted to try. I wasn't scared of the pain or height or anything like that... I just didn't want to do it because it seemed to "feminine" for a person like me. (haha) The girls just looked so beautiful and graceful up there that I felt so intimidated. A part of me even thought it was easy, except that it had to be graceful. Nope, I was so wrong!
These sports, as easy as they may seem act... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Duathlon, Fit and Healthy, Fun in Manila, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Lifestyle and Events, Multisport, People and Places, Results and Experiences, Travel and Events Batangas Earth and Fire Festival 2016: Ride, Run, and Play in Balete by Nel de Leon on May 18th, 2016
Ever thought of going to Balete, Batangas for a nice weekend getaway?
Batangas is roughly a two-hour drive from Manila and is probably the first in mind when we think of a nice beach or hiking activity. Usually, it's the popular towns that get in the list first -- Nasugbu, Cuenca, Taal, Laiya. How about considering Balete?
Sherdon and I got to experience Balete at the Batangas Earth and Fire Festival on the last weekend of January, organize... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Biking/ Cycling, Featured, Health and Fitness, Multisport Nuvali’s Dirt Weekend to Host the Philippine Qualifying Race for the 2016 World Mountain Bike Championship by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 22nd, 2015
If you’re into biking, then I’m sure the Nuvali Dirt Weekend is something you’re already familiar with. But in case you aren’t, you better start training because you wouldn’t want to miss it!
Nuvali’s “Dirt Weekend” has been regarded as one of the major mountain bike events in the country, as well as one of Nuvali’s signature events that encapsulate the sustainability philosophy that the eco-city strives to adhere to. This ye... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, Multisport, workout and exercise Rexona FitFest 2015: A Fitness Festival with 3 Different Workouts to Enjoy by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 16th, 2015
For the past 5 years, Rexona has been hosting the already-iconic Rexona Rn where running, fitness and fun are combined into on spectacular event! For those who’ve experienced some of their runs, we all remember Rexona for their unique take on making fun runs extra fun! Each year, they would surprise runners by introducing something new for us to look forward to. For the past 2 years, the Rexona music run became among crowd favorites.
This ye... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Multisport, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips, Sports Books and Magazines, workout and exercise Go Girl! Expo: Bringing out the Healthy and Active Woman in YOU by Cheryl Villareal on May 18th, 2015
I know a lot of strong and empowering women in the Philippines, not just in the sporting industry but across all walks of life. If you’re reading this article right now, I’m pretty sure you’re a runner or such. However, did you know that the World Health Organization conducted a study back in 2010 that says more women in the Philippines are considered inactive? The study shares that whether in occupational, non-occupational, or leisure-rela... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Multisport, Running Aids, Running Gear and Apparels, Running News and Highlights The Perfect Gift to Give Your Running Buddy can be Found in Runnr by Cheryl Villareal on Dec 11th, 2013
It’s that time of year again, and I’m sure you’re all scurrying to find a good gift that fits your budget. I’ve actually been doing the same. Scouting for good presents that fit my friend’s personalities.Something for the teacher, for the nurse, for the coach, and especially for the runners! Stuff for runners can be a bit pricey, but with Runnr’s Christmas deals, they’re sure to save you a couple of pesos!
But why r... Read More » Tags Share Comments (220 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Multisport, Running Aids, Running Gear and Apparels Running with Soleus: Soleus Fall Collection 2013 by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 21st, 2013
I first heard of Soleus sometime in 2011. Back then, I knew very little about sports watches and did not have any phones or devices that could track my run. I was very much amazed though in what the Soleus watch could do. Moreover, I was very much happy to see how down to earth and friendly Soleus founder and president, David Arnold was. He shared about Soleus not as a business or such, but as something he wants to share to help people and make... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, Multisport, Running News and Highlights, Training, workout and exercise Toby’s Unbeatable Deals this October! by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 1st, 2013
Toby’s has been giving us a lot of awesome promos and discounts lately, and they’re not stopping any time soon! In celebration of Toby's 35th Anniversary, Toby's Sports is offering UNBEATABLE DEALS! Name your sport, they've got something for you! Sports, it all starts here in Toby's Sports!
Check out below exciting promos from Toby's Sports:
*TOBY'S UNBEATABLE DEALS is valid until October 15, 2013 only.
TRAINING SHOES... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Multisport, Running Aids, Running Gear and Apparels, Running News and Highlights Move Treadmill Mania, Gilas Pilipinas Fan Gear, Toby’s Sports and RUNNR SALE! by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 7th, 2013
Better start saving up coz Toby’s and Runnr are having another sale starting this August all the way to September 1! Get up to 50% off on selected products! More than just that, there will also be a treadmill sale until Sept. 29, 2013! Talk about HUGE DISCOUNTS!
Quorum Group of companies is a dynamic organization at the forefront of the sports, lifestyle, and recreational business that pioneers new concepts by bringing in the best ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (773 )
- Filed under: Duathlon, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Multisport Indoor Duathlon at Fitness and Athletics by Cheryl Villareal on Jul 22nd, 2013
Have you ever tried joining a duathlon? A duathlon is basically is a sporting event that consists of a running and cycling. A lot of runners have moved up to doing a duathlon or a triathlon, but have any of you ever tried an indoor duathlon? I’m pretty sure not! Which is why I highly encourage you guys to give this one a try! Imagine running and cycling indoors, away from the harmful rays of the run! This is definitely an experience worth havin... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )