- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Superheroes Conquer the Mall of Asia Grounds at the World of DC Fun Run by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 19th, 2015
Yesterday, March 19, thousands of runners arrived at the Mall of Asia grounds as early as 4am to participate of the first ever official World of DC Fun Run! It was a run for the books as it allowed both kids and kids at heart to enjoy a special day together as superheroes!
Batman and Wonder woman crossing the line with their twins! Who knew? (heehee)
It was really great seeing all the runners just dress up like their favorite superheroes!... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Tips on Running with Pacers at Run United by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 18th, 2015
In the recently concluded Run United 1, Unilab Active Health introduced the idea of pacers to help runners achieve their target time and finish faster and stronger.
Maintaining an active lifestyle has always been the advocacy of Unilab Active Health. To elevate Run United’s training component, pacers were introduced in Run United 1 held on March 8 at the Mall of Asia grounds in Pasay City. Unilab Active head Alex Panlilio says pacers provide... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Affinitea Raise D’ Roof: Run for a Cause this July 5 by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 15th, 2015
2 years ago, I remember being invited to AffiniTea’s first ever run dubbed “Raise D’ Roof.” It was a very intimate gathering with few bloggers, the organizers and Affinitea’s owner Mr. Anthony Liu. It was his first time to create a race; you could see how excited he was. It wasn't just about the money, but about everything else – the beneficiary, the runners and most especially the experience. Today, AffiniTea continues to grow bigger... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Relay Coach Roel’s Birthday Run: Ultra-10 Mile Challenge by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 10th, 2015
Following the success of the first two legs of the Coach Roel’s Birthday Runs dubbed as Coach Roel’s Birthday Run 2013 and Wall 2 Shotgun 10-Mile Race 2014, Coach Roel and RG Events Co. once again bring you Coach Roel’s Birthday Run, the Ultra- 10 Mile Challenge. What makes this run different is that it will be having a variety of Olympic style categories such as the 4x100m relay and the 4x400m relay. Moreover, it will also feature some of ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness World of DC Comics All Star Fun Run on April 18 by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 7th, 2015
Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Wonderwoman… any of these names ring a bell? If you’re a fan of these superheroes, or maybe just want to join in on the fun, the World of DC Comics All Star Fun Run is something you wouldn’t want to miss.
When I first heard news of a DC Comics run, I initially thought it was just a small fun run organized by a group of fans. However, after the blogger’s night this week, I found out that this run ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, obstacle run Watsons Color Manila Challenge: A Colorful Obstacle Run for All Ages by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 2nd, 2015
After posting photos of the super fun and colorful Color Manila Run last January, a bunch of friends came up to me asking when and where the next Color Run will take place. They were so envious and very much wanted to join in on the fun. So when I found out that Color Manila is happening again this Summer, I just couldn’t wait to share it with everyone!
The Watsons Color Manila Challenge is similar to the previous races Color Manil... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Batangas Boosts Tourism with Back-to-Back Events: Karipasan 2015, Earth and Water Festival 2015, Waiters’ Race and More by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 17th, 2015
When the holidays roll in, people immediately think of where to go for some much needed R&R. Though I very much enjoy staying in places such as Coron, there are also several places closer to Manila that are taken for granted – one of which is Batangas.
A couple of weeks ago, I and several bloggers were invited to stay in Batangas to join in on their festivities. Their celebrations mostly revolved around the city’s beauty, showcasing it... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Philhealth Run 2015: Ready, Tsekap, Go by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 5th, 2015
In celebration of our 20th year in February 2015, we are organizing a Nationwide, Simultaneous Run primarily to promote and advocate the benefits and services that we provide to our members.
The Run is envisioned to generate public awareness about the health care benefits that each and every member is entitled to, and how these may be availed of. The Run’s carrier theme is the primary care benefit package or ‘TSeKaP’ (Tamang Serbisyo par... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Couples Run for Love in Handcuffs this Valentine Weekend by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 30th, 2015
Any plans for Valentines’ Day yet? While most of our friends are probably planning romantic getaways and candlelight dinners, I’m sure my running friends are looking for a good run to participate in with their sweetheart. While there are a lot of fun and cute runs happening this coming Valentine weekend, here’s one with a twist.
What’s the catch? Oh… nothing really, just that you’ll be running in handcuffs with your partner! So guy... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Cobra FedRun 2015 Race Review by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 29th, 2015
For the past years, the different Chinese schools around Manila have been holding their own fun runs in hopes of promoting a more active lifestyle to their students as well as further developing the school’s different programs. Some fun runs I’ve experienced joining are those of Xavier, St. Jude Catholic School and Makati Hope Christian School. This year, instead of having their individual runs, Federation of Filipino Chinese Alumni Associati... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )