- Filed under: Charity Works, Concerts and Plays, Featured, Foundations and Organizations, Lifestyle and Events In the Name of the Father: Benefit Concert on June 5 by Cheryl Villareal on May 23rd, 2016
When we think about fitness, we often only think about our physical bodies. Today, I’m here to promote a different kind of fitness – SPIRITUAL and EXISTENTIAL fitness.
Not long ago, I met a preacher by the name George Gabriel. When I first attended his talk, I was surprised at how young and good looking this preacher was. I came from a Catholic background so to me, preachers and priests were one of the same… of course I later on realized... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events More than a Hundred People Invaded Commerce Center to Find the Killer at WhoDunnIt by Cheryl Villareal on Jul 15th, 2015
Breakout Philippines has always had the freshest and coolest ideas for a good time with friends and family. From the awesome zombie runs, to the “fun”-tastic slidefest, Breakout Ph has got it covered! Last week, the Breakout team did it again with the huge suggest of WhoDunnIt in Commerce Center Alabang. For those who missed this, WhoDunnIt is an interactive game where participants need to interview victims/ actors and find clues to figure ou... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Lifestyle and Events PLDT Gabay Guro Grand Gathering: The Biggest Tribute to All Teachers by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 9th, 2014
“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” - William Arthur Ward
Teaching is a passion. We get into it not for money, not for fame but for the joy and happiness it brings to us to be able to impart knowledge and mold minds. 5 years ago, I decided to be a teacher, and I’ve never regretted that decision since. Now I won’t lie, teaching 4-year olds isn’t exac... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Lifestyle and Events Potted Potter Manila : A Hilarious Harry Potter Parody You Don’t Want to Miss by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 29th, 2012
If you're bored and stressed and feel you need to relax a bit from your uneventful week at work, why not go watch Potted Potter Manila? The show is only running for ONE WEEK, and trust me, you wouldn’t want to miss it!
Potted Potter actually began back in 2006 in a small bookshop. It was the launch of the 6th book and two guys, Gary and Jesse, had done a short skit to keep the customers entertained. So they tried their best to do... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places, Shows in Manila Love, Baihana: A Soothing Night of Jazz Music by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 19th, 2012
Don’t you just love Jazz? The way the the rhythm goes just makes you wanna sway around and get lost in your own little world. Jazz music just makes you feel all light and tingly inside for some reason! Wouldn’t you agree?
Well if you do, then you should definitely check out this upcoming concert from Baihana!
Baihana is an all girl trio composed of Krina Cayabyab (Yes, she’s Ryan Cayabyab’s daughter), Mel To... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Lifestyle and Events, Shows in Manila Cirque Du Soleil Saltimbanco in Manila by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 16th, 2012
Cirque Du Soleil Saltimbanco Aug. 9 – 19, 2012 at the MOA ARENA
On it’s first day in the Philippines, I got to be one of the lucky audience members to witness skilled and talented acrobats fly through the air and bend their bodies like rubber at Cirque Du Soleil Saltimbanco!
I had no idea what the show was all about, all I knew what that it was going to be filled with acrobats doing amazing stunts. What I imagined and expected... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Just Me, Lifestyle and Events, Workshops and Seminars Stage Camp Here Right Now…. and Forever After by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 3rd, 2012
2 months ago, I had no idea where the Manansala Towers were, I had no idea who Topper Fabregas and Anthony Ong were, and most of all, I had no idea how to sing and dance. Though I still think I can’t sing and dance (haha), I can at least be proud to say that I took the challenge with 32 others at last night’s showcase of HERE RIGHT NOW…. and we did it! No matter what you say or think, we were GREAT out there!
In a span of 7 wee... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places YouTube Sensations, Jayesslee Visits the Philippines on June 21, 2012 by Cheryl Villareal on May 27th, 2012
I don’t know about you but I really enjoy listening to several YouTube artists more than the famous artists with their record labels. Maybe it’s because it’s more natural? Maybe because most of them are REALLY talented by heart! All I know is, YouTube sensations like Jason Chen, Joseph Vincent, AJ Raphael, David Choi are really good and I love them! Another YouTube sensation which I’m sure most of you know are the adorable Korean/ Austral... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Just Me, Lifestyle and Events, Workshops and Seminars Finding Myself in 9 Works Theatrical’s Stage Camp by Cheryl Villareal on May 23rd, 2012
"Why do you sound that way?"
"You're out of tune!"
"You dance like a crazy horse"
I've loved theater for the longest time. I love acting and just going crazy on stage. One of my favorite roles was playing a crazy lawyer with cerebral palsy in my college years. It was so challenging but I had the best time doing it! I've been in and out of theater since I was young, and my love for it never died down. After years of just missi... Read More » Tags Share Comments (3 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Concerts and Plays, Featured, Lifestyle and Events, Travel and Events Blog the Beat 2.0 from Becca Music by Cheryl Villareal on Mar 29th, 2012
Last year, my brother’s website, WhenInManila.com was invited to attend the first ever BLOG THE BEAT. As one of his senior writers, I took on the project and got to meet several interesting people. Moreover, all attendees in last year’s event were given tickets to watch Switchfoot’s 2011 Manila concert! Nice!
BLOG THE BEAT: Bloggers’ Night
I usually feel shy and look quiet when attending blog events. Those who know me know tha... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )