- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Lifestyle and Events PLDT Gabay Guro Grand Gathering: The Biggest Tribute to All Teachers by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 9th, 2014
“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” - William Arthur Ward
Teaching is a passion. We get into it not for money, not for fame but for the joy and happiness it brings to us to be able to impart knowledge and mold minds. 5 years ago, I decided to be a teacher, and I’ve never regretted that decision since. Now I won’t lie, teaching 4-year olds isn’t exac... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Lifestyle and Events Potted Potter Manila : A Hilarious Harry Potter Parody You Don’t Want to Miss by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 29th, 2012
If you're bored and stressed and feel you need to relax a bit from your uneventful week at work, why not go watch Potted Potter Manila? The show is only running for ONE WEEK, and trust me, you wouldn’t want to miss it!
Potted Potter actually began back in 2006 in a small bookshop. It was the launch of the 6th book and two guys, Gary and Jesse, had done a short skit to keep the customers entertained. So they tried their best to do... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places, Shows in Manila Love, Baihana: A Soothing Night of Jazz Music by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 19th, 2012
Don’t you just love Jazz? The way the the rhythm goes just makes you wanna sway around and get lost in your own little world. Jazz music just makes you feel all light and tingly inside for some reason! Wouldn’t you agree?
Well if you do, then you should definitely check out this upcoming concert from Baihana!
Baihana is an all girl trio composed of Krina Cayabyab (Yes, she’s Ryan Cayabyab’s daughter), Mel To... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Lifestyle and Events, Shows in Manila Cirque Du Soleil Saltimbanco in Manila by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 16th, 2012
Cirque Du Soleil Saltimbanco Aug. 9 – 19, 2012 at the MOA ARENA
On it’s first day in the Philippines, I got to be one of the lucky audience members to witness skilled and talented acrobats fly through the air and bend their bodies like rubber at Cirque Du Soleil Saltimbanco!
I had no idea what the show was all about, all I knew what that it was going to be filled with acrobats doing amazing stunts. What I imagined and expected... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Just Me, Lifestyle and Events, Workshops and Seminars Stage Camp Here Right Now…. and Forever After by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 3rd, 2012
2 months ago, I had no idea where the Manansala Towers were, I had no idea who Topper Fabregas and Anthony Ong were, and most of all, I had no idea how to sing and dance. Though I still think I can’t sing and dance (haha), I can at least be proud to say that I took the challenge with 32 others at last night’s showcase of HERE RIGHT NOW…. and we did it! No matter what you say or think, we were GREAT out there!
In a span of 7 wee... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places YouTube Sensations, Jayesslee Visits the Philippines on June 21, 2012 by Cheryl Golangco on May 27th, 2012
I don’t know about you but I really enjoy listening to several YouTube artists more than the famous artists with their record labels. Maybe it’s because it’s more natural? Maybe because most of them are REALLY talented by heart! All I know is, YouTube sensations like Jason Chen, Joseph Vincent, AJ Raphael, David Choi are really good and I love them! Another YouTube sensation which I’m sure most of you know are the adorable Korean/ Austral... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Just Me, Lifestyle and Events, Workshops and Seminars Finding Myself in 9 Works Theatrical’s Stage Camp by Cheryl Golangco on May 23rd, 2012
"Why do you sound that way?"
"You're out of tune!"
"You dance like a crazy horse"
I've loved theater for the longest time. I love acting and just going crazy on stage. One of my favorite roles was playing a crazy lawyer with cerebral palsy in my college years. It was so challenging but I had the best time doing it! I've been in and out of theater since I was young, and my love for it never died down. After years of just missi... Read More » Tags Share Comments (3 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Concerts and Plays, Featured, Lifestyle and Events, Travel and Events Blog the Beat 2.0 from Becca Music by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 29th, 2012
Last year, my brother’s website, WhenInManila.com was invited to attend the first ever BLOG THE BEAT. As one of his senior writers, I took on the project and got to meet several interesting people. Moreover, all attendees in last year’s event were given tickets to watch Switchfoot’s 2011 Manila concert! Nice!
BLOG THE BEAT: Bloggers’ Night
I usually feel shy and look quiet when attending blog events. Those who know me know tha... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Inspirational Stories, Lifestyle and Events The Planetshakers and Israel Houghton in a Back to Back Concert in MANILA! by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 22nd, 2012
On April 21, the Planetshakers will be having a back to back concert with Israel Houghton and New Breed are coming TO MANILA and performing at the Smart Araneta Coliseum! Don’t miss the chance to be part of this historic collaboration between two of the most well-loved Contemporary Christian artists!
BECCA MUSIC INC. presents…..
What: The Planetshakers with Israel Houghton & New Breed
When: Apr... Read More » Tags Share Comments (3 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Lifestyle and Events The Princess and The Red Carp by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 13th, 2010
Want to watch a fun musical for the whole family? Then you should definitely check this out!
The Princess and the Red Carp is a light-hearted, magical tale that will enthrall its audience's young and old alike.
Are you familiar with the tale of Cinderella?
No..... not that one!
I'm talking about the good old Walt Disney classic that we all used to watch when we were younger. The one with the dancing mice and singing birds! "A drea... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )