- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Run United HP Recovery Run for Run United 2014 Finishers this December 2014 by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 16th, 2014
When we think of running or working out in general, we often think of different ways we can go further and get stronger. We often think that all we need is a little push and strength of mind. We keep pushing and pushing hoping to get better and faster, not realizing that what we really need is some rest and recovery.
This year, Run United got runners to go longer, faster and stronger with the 3 RU installments. With every run, the organizers i... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause McHappy Day Stripes Run: Go out and Play with the Family this December 6 by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 13th, 2014
I’m not sure when they held the first McHappy Day Stripes Run, but I do remember how it was one of the first family runs I heard off when I started running back in the year 2000. It was one of the runs whole families would look forward to because of the fun colors and of course, who could resist McDonald’s? This year, the team is back and are once again giving you a special and cute fun run for a cause! Time to put down those gadgets and go o... Read More » Tags Share Comments (10 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Takbo ng mga Kusinero at iba pang Sangay ng Turismo by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 27th, 2014
The first week of November marks the anniversary of one of the strongest typhoons the Philippines had to go through, Typhoon Yolanda. It was a dark and scary day for our kababayans especially in Tacloban, Samar, etc. This year, as we remember the first year anniversary of Yolanda, a fun run will be held in Manila in memory of all those whose lives were taken or gravely affected that day. Takbo ng mga Kusinero at iba pang Sangay ng Turismo will ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Takbo.ph 20-Miler Run 2015 in BGC by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 19th, 2014
Every year as January rolls in, people try and find ways to burn all that holiday fat. So what do you think of a 20 mile or 32km. run to start the year?? I say, let’s do this!
What: Takbo.ph 20 Miler 2015
When: January 18, 2015 (Sunday)
Where: Bonifacio Global City
Race Organizer: Leadpack
Race Categories: 5k, 10k, 16k, 32k
Gun Start Times: ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Color Manila Run 2015 at Bonifacio Global City (updated) by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 24th, 2014
For the past 2 years, Color Manila Run has made sure to start the year right by blasting runners with loads and loads of color as they race through the streets of BGC or MOA. For the past 2 years, I’ve made sure to start the year with love and colors by being part of this run!
Color Manila Run is one run which will surely have you smiling from start to finish! It’s the perfect run to join with your loved one, your family or your barkada! H... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause The Pink Run 2014: D’Feeting Breast Cancer this October by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 20th, 2014
"The only way to overcome is to hang in," shares breast cancer survivor Dan O' Brien. It’s a silent killer which sometimes goes unnoticed for years. It can be in your system months or even years before you’re able to detect it. This October, let us make more women aware of breast cancer and perhaps save a life or two.
“The PINK RUN: D’Feeting Breast Cancer” is an advocacy run organized by the Philippine Society of General S... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Night Run QCIM Night Run 2014 by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 19th, 2014
QCIM is another run for the books because of it’s unique race route yearly. After all, how many runners can actually say they ran the stretch of Quezon Avenue right? Personally, I like this run because of just that. You’re not running small streets or sidewalks at QCIM, you’re running the main roads! And this year, the organizers changed it up a bit to make it even more exciting…they turned it into a night run!
... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness New Balance Power Run 2014 by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 17th, 2014
Finally details are out! Every year, I look forward to joining the New Balance Power Run for 1 reason – their unique distance categories! When I became comfortable running 10k, I tested my skills by joining 16k before doing a half marathon. After becoming comfortable with a 21k half marathon, I joined my first ever 25k at the New Balance Power Run before deciding it was time to do a full marathon! So, here’s your chance to test just how ready... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, obstacle run Men’s Health Urbanathlon and Festival 2014: Trail Run and Obstacle Race in Nuvali by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 14th, 2014
Running on pavement is fairly easy. Running a trail run adds some challenge. Running on pavement, trail and going through 9 obstacles of varying difficulties is a whole different story! This November, the first obstacle laden race returns at a cooler venue.
The Men's Health Urbanathlon is happening on November 16 at the Nuvali grounds in Sta. Rosa, Laguna. The signature event of Men's Health worldwide is a unique race that combines an enduranc... Read More » Tags Share Comments (4 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights Rexona Run to Your Beat 2014 by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 8th, 2014
Last year, I along with other runners were literally dancing as we ran our 21k races at the Rexona Run to Your Beat 2013! I mean, I’ve been part of several fun runs that were quite memorable because of their unique twists and extra challenges, however, this was the only run that managed to make a 21k race seem like a short 5k! The music was pumping all throughout the route and you wouldn’t even notice that you’ve already been running for se... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )