- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause SunPiology Run 2015: Candy Themed Obstacle Run to Kick Diabetes by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 10th, 2015
For the past 7 years, Sunlife has been holding fun runs in the metro for a variety of causes, all aimed towards helping our fellowmen. This year, it’s all about KICKING diabetes.
Did you know that diabetes has affected close to 400 million people worldwide? In fact, the Philippines is among the TOP 15 COUNTRIES with diabetes! Global health statistics show that the Philippines has become an “emerging hotspot” of diabetes as it... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause UNICEF Heroes for Children Run: A Benefit Run for the Benefit of Unicef by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 22nd, 2015
I’m sure you’re all familiar with UNICEF. To those unaware of it, UNICEF is a foundation that promotes the rights and well-being of every child, in everything they do. Together with their partners, they work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into a practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
This October, UNICEF Celebr... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness The Music Run Manila by Philam Life by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 6th, 2015
Music always makes things seem easier, don’t you think? When it comes to working out, the music’s tempo helps a lot with the type of workout you’re going for. A hiphop or upbeat sound will really get your blood pumping while a slow or mellow sound will make you slow down. When running, most runners usually have a pair of earphones plugged into their ears to help them keep a steady pace. Moreover, the music keeps their mind off the distance ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Run for Odyssey 2015: For the Benefit of Malnourished Children by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 5th, 2015
This year, CDO is celebrating their 40th anniversary in the industry and what better way of celebrating than by giving back.
The Run for Odyssey is an event organized by CDO Foodsphere, Inc., and has become a tradition of celebrating fun and good health. Run for Odyssey is a CDO way and expression of loving and caring for others. Proceeds of this exciting run convention go straight to the Odyssey Foundation, a non-profit organization created t... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Soleus Run for the Aspins: A Fund Raising Awareness Against Dog Cruelty and Abuse by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 28th, 2015
I’m an animal lover, I’ve always love all kinds of animas since I was young. If only I had enough funds, I would want to put up a no-kill shelter and save our animals from being hurt or abused. It just pains me to see how heartless some people can be that they choose to hurt and abuse helpless little animals.
This October, Soleus is putting together a run to help raise awareness and funds to victims of animal abuse.
The Soleus Run for t... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Greenfield City Run: Run for Generations 2015 by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 16th, 2015
My first 5km run was back in 2009 in the Greenfield City Clean Air Run! I remember thinking to myself, “why on earth did I agree to run?!” Despite my constant complaints to my partner, I was really happy with the route. More than just the feel of nature surrounding me, it was really nice to run in a place with so little cars. Little did I know that this was the start of my love for running.
On its 9th year, Greenfield once again brings run... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Kagay-an Festival by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 5th, 2015
Ever wanted to run outside Manila? What about running in Cagayan de Oro? This August, be part of the Kagay-Festival Marathon and run a marathon around Cagayan!
Kagay-an Festivan Marathon 2015
When: August 23, 2015 (Sunday)
Where: Centrio Mall, Cagayan de Oro City
Race Organizer: Circle Productions, Inc.
Race Categories: 42km, 21km, 5km, 3km
Gun Start Times: 3:00am, 4:00am, 6:00am, 6:10am respectively
Registration Sit... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Sofitel Manila Half Marathon Registration Now Open! by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 24th, 2015
Since it started with the Battle of the Sexes last 2012, the Sofitel Manila runs had quickly become a race most people would look forward to. It is not only fun and organized, but it’s a race for a cause too – one factor I feel is very important when choosing races.
Last year, Sofitel Philippine Plaza held its first half marathon. This year, Sofitel Manila continues to cultivate a lifestyle of wellness as it holds the 2015 Sofitel Manila H... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause 39th Milo Marathon 2015: Marathon King and Queen to be sent to Boston to Compete in 2016 Boston Marathon by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 22nd, 2015
Some people say, that unless you’ve participated in the National Milo Marathon, you are not yet a ‘real’ runner. It is considered the godfather of races and labeled as the country’s most prestigious running event. For the past 38 years, Milo has continuously been encouraging runners to go after their dreams. This year, the National Milo Marathon, is set to mark its 39th season… and I’m just as excited as all of you!
The Milo Nati... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, International Marathons, Results and Experiences Filipino Delegates Bag 7 Prizes Including Overall Champion at the Laguna Phuket International Marathon by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 10th, 2015
We’re all familiar with the 7-eleven runs held in the Philippines. I’ve wrote about it each time it happens and I’m sure a lot of you have experienced running it first hand. Most of us recall the 7-eleven run for their colorful singlets, unique routes and even plentiful goody bags. However, did you know that since starting, 7-eleven had been sending Filipinos all over the world to join and compete in various international marathons?
&nbs... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )