- Filed under: Duathlon, Fit and Healthy, Fun in Manila, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Lifestyle and Events, Multisport, People and Places, Results and Experiences, Travel and Events Batangas Earth and Fire Festival 2016: Ride, Run, and Play in Balete by Nel de Leon on May 18th, 2016
Ever thought of going to Balete, Batangas for a nice weekend getaway?
Batangas is roughly a two-hour drive from Manila and is probably the first in mind when we think of a nice beach or hiking activity. Usually, it's the popular towns that get in the list first -- Nasugbu, Cuenca, Taal, Laiya. How about considering Balete?
Sherdon and I got to experience Balete at the Batangas Earth and Fire Festival on the last weekend of January, organize... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, International Marathons, Results and Experiences, Running News and Highlights, Swimming Nike’s First All-Women Half Marathon in Manila: Inspiring Filipinas to be #BetterForIt by Cheryl Villareal on May 17th, 2016
Last May 15, 2016 marked the culmination of the Nike Women Victory Tour in Manila. The streets of Pasay were colored orange as more than 4,000 Filipinas runners conquered the 21km run with their buddies. In the spirit of Nike Women Victory Tour, runners committed to be #BetterForIt from the time of registering for the race last January 2016 through a series of short runs and training sessions hosted by Nike in BGC.
Duri... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Dusk to Dawn: Run for Road Safety 2016 by Cheryl Villareal on May 5th, 2016
The first-ever Auto Review Road Safety Olympics season is coming to a close. Soon. But before that curtain call, the much anticipated running event and fuel economy run will first be held, coinciding with the start of the 2016 season.
Set this May 22, 2016, Sunday at the SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City, the Auto Review Road Safety Olympics finale-cum-launch dubbed as: "Dusk-to-Dawn" (D2D) event is eyed as the most exciting highlight affair ever ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Night Run Color Manila Blacklight Run: A “Party” Run for a Cause by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 22nd, 2016
Back in 2013, Color Manila hosted the first and biggest color fun run in the country. The run was like no other as it literally filled the streets of BGC with color. Thousands, including both running enthusiasts and non-runners participated in this one-of-a-kind fun run for all ages. The goal, more than just running for fitness, was to just let everyone have fun.
The Color Manila Run Franchise:
The first Color Manila... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Training Nike Run Club–Free Training Every Tues and Thurs in BGC by Cheryl Villareal on Mar 11th, 2016
The first ever Nike all women half marathon is happening in around 2 months! While a lot of you ladies are surely excited, there are still several others who still need a little more training to prepare themselves for the big day! Regardless of how long you’ve been running, proper training is still very crucial!
Nike+ Run Club (NRC) Manila, part of Nike’s largest and fastest growing global services platform for athletes, brings the best of... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause NatGeo Earth Day Run 2016: 5 Countries, 4 Beneficiaries, 1 Earth! by Cheryl Villareal on Mar 6th, 2016
Considered one of the biggest and fastest-growing running events in the Philippines, National Geographic Channel’s Earth Day Run will be going international when it marks its seventh year on April 17, 2016. In celebration of seven years of promoting fitness and caring for the environment, Earth Day Run 2016 will be happening simultaneously for the first time in five cities across the region: Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tai Chung, and Manila... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause The Mommy Milkshake Run 2016 by Cheryl Villareal on Feb 15th, 2016
Just like anything, things get easier when you have a group or community behind you. For the past year, Mommy Mundo has been exactly that for many new moms. However, besides all the helpful tips and trick Janice shares on her blog, she also brings the community closer together by hosting a variety of events each with the goal of helping make life a little bit easier for Filipino moms.
Now, without question…we all know how important family ti... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Watson’s Color Manila Sun Warrior Challenge at the Mall of Asia by Cheryl Villareal on Feb 13th, 2016
2016 just got even more colorful that it’s already been as Color Manila brings us 3 new races for the months of February and March! Having joined a few of Color Manila’s races in the past, I can honestly say just how fun (and slightly messy) their races are! It’s the perfect race to join with friends and family… even those who don’t like running! Just make sure you’re ready to get a little messy!
Watson’s Color Manila Sun Warri... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Nike+ First Ever All Women Half-Marathon by Cheryl Villareal on Feb 12th, 2016
Last year, Nike rocked our world as it brought us the first ever Nike All Women 10k Race… this year, they’re challenging the ladies even more by upgrading that 10k to a half marathon! Last year, almost 9,000 fit and fab ladies participated in the all-female 10k race, this year, Nike hopes that even more lovely ladies will join its first all-women half marathon in the country! Continuing the tradition and spirit of last year's race... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause The Amway Nutrilite Health Run 2016 by Cheryl Villareal on Jan 10th, 2016
Nutrilite, the number one selling vitamin and dietary supplement brand will be hosting a run for a cause this coming January 28! By joining this run, not only do you get to sweat it out and get a good morning exercise, but you even get to gift a child with a good book!
Nutrilite Health Run 2016
January 24, 2016 – SM Mall of Asia Grounds, Pasay City
February 14, 2016 – ADC CDO Perla Compania De Seguros Bldg... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )