- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause PDIC Takbo 2: Run for the Victims of Yolanda by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 26th, 2015
It’s been over a year since Typhoon Haiyan/ Yolanda struck the Philippines, leaving several homeless, jobless or worse. Though the rest of the country seems to have already moved on, those that were directly in the typhoon’s path still continue to struggle to make ends meet. This is where PDIC comes in.
The Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation (PDIC) is a government instrumentality created in 1963 by virtue of Republic Act 3591 to in... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Tips on Running with Pacers at Run United by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 18th, 2015
In the recently concluded Run United 1, Unilab Active Health introduced the idea of pacers to help runners achieve their target time and finish faster and stronger.
Maintaining an active lifestyle has always been the advocacy of Unilab Active Health. To elevate Run United’s training component, pacers were introduced in Run United 1 held on March 8 at the Mall of Asia grounds in Pasay City. Unilab Active head Alex Panlilio says pacers provide... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness AffiniTea’s Brown Race Marathon for a Cause this December 2015 by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 16th, 2015
Earlier, I shared the details for AffiniTea’s upcoming Raise D’ Roof 2015. As exciting as it sounds, AffiniTea has more in store for you as they present their first ever FULL marathon this December! - The Brown Race Marathon. From the name itself, you can already guess the inspiration behind this run. If not, well, being Filipinos, we should be PROUD of our color… of our BROWN race. It’s about our history and how we have grown as a nation... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Affinitea Raise D’ Roof: Run for a Cause this July 5 by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 15th, 2015
2 years ago, I remember being invited to AffiniTea’s first ever run dubbed “Raise D’ Roof.” It was a very intimate gathering with few bloggers, the organizers and Affinitea’s owner Mr. Anthony Liu. It was his first time to create a race; you could see how excited he was. It wasn't just about the money, but about everything else – the beneficiary, the runners and most especially the experience. Today, AffiniTea continues to grow bigger... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Nike Women’s 10k Manila this May 2015 by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 22nd, 2015
You’ve all heard the news and I’m sure you’re all super excited to run in the first ever Nike Women’s 10k run here in the Philippines! It is part of the global Nike Women’s Event Series, which includes the Nike Women’s Race Series and N+TC Tour. The global event series will see more than 200,000 women around the world celebrate and experience the power of sport through a series of one-of-a-kind, high-energy training events. So what ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Relay Coach Roel’s Birthday Run: Ultra-10 Mile Challenge by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 10th, 2015
Following the success of the first two legs of the Coach Roel’s Birthday Runs dubbed as Coach Roel’s Birthday Run 2013 and Wall 2 Shotgun 10-Mile Race 2014, Coach Roel and RG Events Co. once again bring you Coach Roel’s Birthday Run, the Ultra- 10 Mile Challenge. What makes this run different is that it will be having a variety of Olympic style categories such as the 4x100m relay and the 4x400m relay. Moreover, it will also feature some of ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness World of DC Comics All Star Fun Run on April 18 by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 7th, 2015
Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Wonderwoman… any of these names ring a bell? If you’re a fan of these superheroes, or maybe just want to join in on the fun, the World of DC Comics All Star Fun Run is something you wouldn’t want to miss.
When I first heard news of a DC Comics run, I initially thought it was just a small fun run organized by a group of fans. However, after the blogger’s night this week, I found out that this run ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights Run United 2 2015–Updates and Changes in the Registration of the Run United Series by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 6th, 2015
The Run United is one of the most sought after runs in the country. It’s grown to be so big and so popular that even non-runners mark their calendars, deciding if they’re ready to join their first run. What makes the Run United series so special, more than just the connecting medals, is that it pushes runners to exceed themselves. Making runners train harder and push further to achieve a new personal record. With that goal in mind, Unilab Act... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, obstacle run Watsons Color Manila Challenge: A Colorful Obstacle Run for All Ages by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 2nd, 2015
After posting photos of the super fun and colorful Color Manila Run last January, a bunch of friends came up to me asking when and where the next Color Run will take place. They were so envious and very much wanted to join in on the fun. So when I found out that Color Manila is happening again this Summer, I just couldn’t wait to share it with everyone!
The Watsons Color Manila Challenge is similar to the previous races Color Manil... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause NatGeo Earth Day Run 2015: Run for the Philippine Tamaraws by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 25th, 2015
Every year, the National Geographic Channel hosts an Earth Day Run in hopes of bring forth a bigger change in the country. For the past years, they have partnered with the World Wide Fund (WWF) for Nature and have come up with a variety of projects that will help give that extra boost for nature. Last year, it was for “bancas for the Philippines”, this year it’s a fight to help save one of the most endangered buffalo specie in the world… ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )