- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause LezGo Run 2015: Everything is Awesome! by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 15th, 2015
A few days ago, I started seeing photos of LezGo run on Facebook. The idea of a Lego-inspired run really got me excited! I could just imagine everything that will take place that day, from the singlet, to the medal to the overall decorations! Everything is SURE to be awesome at the LEZGO run by RUNtarantantan!
LEZGO Run 2015
When: March 15, 2015
Where: CCP Complex, Pasay City
Race Organize... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause HaRUNa: A Tribute Run to APO Hiking Society by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 15th, 2015
RUNtarantantan is all about bringing fun and entertainment to race participants. This coming Valentines day, in hopes of bringing love and laughter to the runners, while also paying tribute to one of the most talented talented Filipino musical group APO Hiking Society, Runtarantantan brings you “HaRUNa”
More than just the usual fun run, special raffles, a unique photobooth plus a concert await all participants!
H... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Featured, Health and Fitness, Outreach Projects, Run for a Cause Share Your #MessagesofHope for the Victims of Yolanda by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 13th, 2014
It was all over the news. A huge storm was coming, and the Philippines was in its path. The rest of the world called it Haiyan, we named it Yolanda. We were used to typhoons in the Philippines, but we weren’t ready for one of the strongest and most powerful typhoons on earth.
Last Nov. 8, 2013, Yolanda made landfall and struck several parts of the Philippines. One of the most badly hit cities was Tacloban. More than just cars and properties,... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause McHappy Day Stripes Run: Go out and Play with the Family this December 6 by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 13th, 2014
I’m not sure when they held the first McHappy Day Stripes Run, but I do remember how it was one of the first family runs I heard off when I started running back in the year 2000. It was one of the runs whole families would look forward to because of the fun colors and of course, who could resist McDonald’s? This year, the team is back and are once again giving you a special and cute fun run for a cause! Time to put down those gadgets and go o... Read More » Tags Share Comments (10 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause The Pink Run 2014: D’Feeting Breast Cancer this October by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 20th, 2014
"The only way to overcome is to hang in," shares breast cancer survivor Dan O' Brien. It’s a silent killer which sometimes goes unnoticed for years. It can be in your system months or even years before you’re able to detect it. This October, let us make more women aware of breast cancer and perhaps save a life or two.
“The PINK RUN: D’Feeting Breast Cancer” is an advocacy run organized by the Philippine Society of General S... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Tiktakbo 7 Chroma Splash: The First Slime and Water Run in the Philippines! by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 6th, 2014
Yes guys, you read that right.... SLIME!!!!
Tiktakbo is basically a fun run organized by UP Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants. It has been running for seven years now, and it has been running for a cause for the benefit of the scholars of the organization’s Long-term Educational Assistance Program (LEAP). This year, be ready and run for something bigger, something better, even slimier. UPJPIA proudly presents the first Slime x Water... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Avon Pink War: Walk and Run Against Breast Cancer by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 21st, 2014
Breast cancer is a continuous battle that we face today. It is mostly women who are affected by this silent killer, but men can be affected too. In Asia, the Philippines has one of the highest count of breast cancer victims as of October 2013.
“The Philippines is at the center of the fight against breast cancer in Asia. The country has the highest incidence of breast cancer in the continent and an estimated 3 out of 100 Filipino women will c... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Sofitel Manila Half Marathon on August 17 by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 25th, 2014
When one of the top hotels in Manila partners with one of the top race organizers in Manila, you’re sure you’re in for something great! Now on their 3rd race together, Sofitel and RunRio have once again partnered up to bring you one of the most sought after races for the year, the Sofitel Manila Half Marathon.
In the past year, Sofitel has kept runners excited with the Battle of the Sexes Leg 1 and 2. The two races were done for ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Run for a Cause R3run for Sustainability: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle this August 10, 2014 by Cheryl Golangco on May 29th, 2014
There’s no doubt that our earth is getting more and more polluted. Just looking at Manila alone you’d see how much waste we have all over. I couldn’t help but wonder every now and then where all our garbage goes after the garbage collector gets it. As much as we try not to think about it, all our garbage is either piled up in another area that’ll end up like Smokey Mountain and Payatas, or burned to ashes causing less land pollution but m... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause White Flower Run: Takbo ng Kaunlaran by Cheryl Golangco on May 25th, 2014
I’ve been using white flower as my “medicine” for various reasons since I was young. It’s the perfect remedy for headaches, muscle cramps, body pains, insect bites, dizziness and more. And now, they’ve decided to give us even more by holding their very own run for a cause.
What: Takbo ng Kaunlaran (White Flower Run)
When: August 17, 2014 (Sunday)
Where: 34th Street, BGC
Race Owne... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )