- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Health and Nutrition, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips, workout and exercise Metabeats: A Fitness and Wellness Nutrition Show with Coaches Jim and Toni Saret by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 15th, 2016
Everyone wants to be fit and healthy, but not everyone is willing to spend hours in the gym (and another hour stuck in traffic) just to achieve that. Moreover, with all the new techniques shared online, it’s not that difficult to come up with our own set of exercises at home. Though there are a lot of excellent gyms out there, not having the time or money to enroll in one does not give you an excuse to stop working out. As they say in Filipino,... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running Gear and Apparels, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips Newton V: The Shoe That Changed Everything Just Got Better by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 14th, 2016
When thinking about running, one of the first things we need to consider is our running shoe. There are several excellent brands out there, but not all will be the perfect fit for you. One of the leading running shoe brands is Newton. The name was derived from Sir Isaac Newton and his 3rd law of motion which states that “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.” The Newton brand lives by this motto, making sure that they a... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, Health and Nutrition, Running Aids, Running Tips Milo Nutri-Up Fitcon: The Biggest Gathering of Top Fitness Organizations on April 16 by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 6th, 2016
Summer has officially begun and adults are already looking for activities that will keep them in shape and start their journey towards an active and healthy lifestyle. In almost every street corner, there’s a gym that we can enroll in. Online, there are also several websites that give us tips and tricks to stay fit. So with all these info, how exactly do we know which one to pick and where to go?
This April 16, MILO will be holding its fir... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Health and Nutrition, Running Tips, workout and exercise Preparing for the Big Race: The Stuff They Forgot to Teach You by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 23rd, 2016
So you just heard about another famous run happening in a few months and you quickly register for the 21k category. You still have a few months to prepare and you’re used to running long distance runs. You think to yourself, this won’t be a problem. You start training by running 10-20 hours a week, eating a bunch of food you thought was healthy (rice my friends is NOT healthy) and getting less sleep ‘coz you’ve still got to report to the ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Running Aids, Running Tips The Six Pack Chef: Deliciously Losing Weight by Cheryl Golangco on May 26th, 2015
Each of us wants to look and feel our best. Personally, I’ve been trying my best to maintain my body weight by putting in the right amount of exercise and eating the right kinds of food for the past 3 years. For a while, calorie counting became a thing. Don’t get me wrong, I know a lot of people who lost weight because of this, but it wasn’t for me. I often crave for more and end up binging on junk food. So when I learned about the Paleo ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Multisport, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips, Sports Books and Magazines, workout and exercise Go Girl! Expo: Bringing out the Healthy and Active Woman in YOU by Cheryl Golangco on May 18th, 2015
I know a lot of strong and empowering women in the Philippines, not just in the sporting industry but across all walks of life. If you’re reading this article right now, I’m pretty sure you’re a runner or such. However, did you know that the World Health Organization conducted a study back in 2010 that says more women in the Philippines are considered inactive? The study shares that whether in occupational, non-occupational, or leisure-rela... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, Running Aids, Running Tips Defy Gravity with the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 4th, 2015
Yes, the title DOES say anti-gravity! When I was first invited to try out this new trend, I was both doubtful and excited. Doubtful ‘coz I really had no idea what to expect and was sort of thinking, “how can a treadmill be effective if there’s no gravity to work on?” and “seriously? anti-gravity? weh?” (haha) Then again, I was excited ‘coz of exactly that… ANTI-GRAVITY? This I gotta see!
Last week, I visited Kinetics Advance Ph... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips, Sports Books and Magazines Geoff Eigenmann Loses 40 Pounds in Just 3 Months! Find Out How in the January–February 2014 Issue of Men’s Health Magazine by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 17th, 2014
Before the year ended, I was contacted by Men’s Health / Women’s Health magazine for the launch and presscon of their January – February issue with Geoff Eigenmann and Bianca Gonzales on the cover. The mere mention of Geoff’s name already made me jump from my seat with excitement! I even called my fiance, screaming with joy telling him that I’ll finally be able to see Geoff in person! (kilig much?)
As happy as I was for thi... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Buddy Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips Nike We Run Manila 2013: Nike Buddy Run by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 25th, 2013
This has been one of the most awaited races of the year, and after much excitement, details on Nike We Run Manila have finally been released!
Nike’s We Run series continues to celebrate, motivate and inspire athletes around the world with races in 26 different cities! The run started of in Prague, Czech Republic last Aug. 31 and will end in Jakarta Indonesia on Dec. 15.
Nike’s We Run races range in distance from 5K to a fu... Read More » Tags Share Comments (3 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips Chiropractic Massage at Intercare: Aligning your Spine by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 18th, 2013
Everyone loves getting a massage! Massages help sooth our muscles and relieve whatever pain we may be feeling from a stressful day at work or at home. I’ve had my share of massages, each type having it’s own purpose. I personally feel however that the most effective massage I ever got was the chiropractic massage I had at Intercare. Whether it was the massage itself or the person doing the massaging… I can’t really say. All I can say is t... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )