- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Multisport, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips, Sports Books and Magazines, workout and exercise Go Girl! Expo: Bringing out the Healthy and Active Woman in YOU by Cheryl Golangco on May 18th, 2015
I know a lot of strong and empowering women in the Philippines, not just in the sporting industry but across all walks of life. If you’re reading this article right now, I’m pretty sure you’re a runner or such. However, did you know that the World Health Organization conducted a study back in 2010 that says more women in the Philippines are considered inactive? The study shares that whether in occupational, non-occupational, or leisure-rela... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Gyms and Fitness Clubs, Health and Fitness, Running Aids, Running Tips Defy Gravity with the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 4th, 2015
Yes, the title DOES say anti-gravity! When I was first invited to try out this new trend, I was both doubtful and excited. Doubtful ‘coz I really had no idea what to expect and was sort of thinking, “how can a treadmill be effective if there’s no gravity to work on?” and “seriously? anti-gravity? weh?” (haha) Then again, I was excited ‘coz of exactly that… ANTI-GRAVITY? This I gotta see!
Last week, I visited Kinetics Advance Ph... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips, Sports Books and Magazines Geoff Eigenmann Loses 40 Pounds in Just 3 Months! Find Out How in the January–February 2014 Issue of Men’s Health Magazine by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 17th, 2014
Before the year ended, I was contacted by Men’s Health / Women’s Health magazine for the launch and presscon of their January – February issue with Geoff Eigenmann and Bianca Gonzales on the cover. The mere mention of Geoff’s name already made me jump from my seat with excitement! I even called my fiance, screaming with joy telling him that I’ll finally be able to see Geoff in person! (kilig much?)
As happy as I was for thi... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Buddy Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips Nike We Run Manila 2013: Nike Buddy Run by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 25th, 2013
This has been one of the most awaited races of the year, and after much excitement, details on Nike We Run Manila have finally been released!
Nike’s We Run series continues to celebrate, motivate and inspire athletes around the world with races in 26 different cities! The run started of in Prague, Czech Republic last Aug. 31 and will end in Jakarta Indonesia on Dec. 15.
Nike’s We Run races range in distance from 5K to a fu... Read More » Tags Share Comments (3 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips Chiropractic Massage at Intercare: Aligning your Spine by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 18th, 2013
Everyone loves getting a massage! Massages help sooth our muscles and relieve whatever pain we may be feeling from a stressful day at work or at home. I’ve had my share of massages, each type having it’s own purpose. I personally feel however that the most effective massage I ever got was the chiropractic massage I had at Intercare. Whether it was the massage itself or the person doing the massaging… I can’t really say. All I can say is t... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, obstacle run, Running Tips Men’s Health Urbanathlon: More Challenges and Obstacles on Sept. 29, 2013 by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 2nd, 2013
Think you’re fit? Think you’re strong? Think you can do a short 5km with a few obstacles? What about a 10k run…or better yet, a 21km run?…with obstacles! :
On its 7th year, the Men’s Health Urbanathlon aims to take it up another notch and challenge participants even more. Are you guys ready for the challenge?
What: Men’s Health Urbanathlon 2013
When: Sept. 29, 2013 (Sunday)
Where: SM Mall of Asia
Men’s... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Featured, Free race kits, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause, Running Tips Battle of the Sexes Leg 2 by Sofitel and RunRio by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 25th, 2013
Since the dawn of time, men and women have always loved competing to find out who’s better in doing a variety of tasks. Who’s better in cooking, who’s better in driving, who can party harder, etc. Though this blog might not be able to answer all these questions, it can at least answer one, “Who’s the faster runner?
In last year’s Battle of the Sexes, the men outrun the women! Truth is, the girls just didn’t want to bust the... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Multisport, Running Aids, Running Gear and Apparels, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips Pear Stride Earphones and Training Intelligence App: Your Perfect Workout Partner by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 17th, 2013
If you’re a sports enthusiast or a frequent runner, then I’m sure you’ve noticed how a lot of runners and athletes often work with a pair of earphones. We don’t use earphones to look cool, we use them because music plays a very important role in every workout. Besides making working out way more fun, the tempo in the music also helps with our tempo in running or working out. Having my running playlist with me when I ran my long distance r... Read More » Tags Share Comments (864 )
- Filed under: Featured, Free race kits, Health and Fitness, Multisport, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips Multisport 101 Camp Leg 3 on Running this July! by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 13th, 2013
A lot of us love running, but how much do you really know about it? Admittedly, I still lack proper knowledge in running. There are still several things I need to know. Though running comes naturally, all of us could get a lot better if we learned the facts!
Get better at running in MultiSport 101 Camp 2013 third leg: RUNNING. Gain an edge in running with the help from Coach PJ Rivera and Coach Michelle Estuar on July 27, 2013 (Satur... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights, Running Tips, Sports Books and Magazines, Training Multisport 101 Camp Leg 1 on Running this May 25 by Cheryl Golangco on May 23rd, 2013
Running has become such a trend that more and more people are registering for fun runs and are joining longer and longer distances.Though I personally love running, why not push yourself even further and give it a TRI!
Learn how to Swim, Bike, Run at MultiSport 101 Camp 2013.
The first leg which focuses on running will kick off this weekend!
When: Saturday, May 25, 2013 from 5:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Where: Bon... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )