- Filed under: Duathlon, Fit and Healthy, Fun in Manila, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Lifestyle and Events, Multisport, People and Places, Results and Experiences, Travel and Events Batangas Earth and Fire Festival 2016: Ride, Run, and Play in Balete by Nel de Leon on May 18th, 2016
Ever thought of going to Balete, Batangas for a nice weekend getaway?
Batangas is roughly a two-hour drive from Manila and is probably the first in mind when we think of a nice beach or hiking activity. Usually, it's the popular towns that get in the list first -- Nasugbu, Cuenca, Taal, Laiya. How about considering Balete?
Sherdon and I got to experience Balete at the Batangas Earth and Fire Festival on the last weekend of January, organize... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Featured, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places, Travel and Events Hotel Quickly: Your Best Friend for Last Minute Hotel Bookings by Cheryl Villareal on Nov 4th, 2015
They say it’s always best to plan ahead, to book your hotels and tickets way before you ever your target date to make sure nothing goes wrong. Though this may be a little more ideal, it isn’t always practical. Moreover, a lot of people don’t really finalize their plans until a few days or a week before. So what happens then?
Way back then, backpacking could be scary and risky because of this big chance that all hotels in the area are ful... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Family and Parenting, Family Events, Featured, Fieldtrip Suggestions, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places, Teaching Ideas KidZania Manila Sneak Peek: Top 5 Reasons Why Every Child Should Check This Place Out by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 2nd, 2015
Ever since the announcement that KidZania was coming to Manila, kids, parents and teachers alike all got giddy and excited. Being a preschool teacher and child at heart, I too just couldn’t wait. It took more than a year, but finally, KidZania is opening its doors to the public this Aug. 7, 2015!
For those who have no idea what KidZania is all about, let me tell you all about it. KidZania is a place where kids rule. It’s a mini community whe... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Family and Parenting, Family Events, Featured, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places, Travel and Events Discovery Country Suites Tagaytay: Valuing the Importance of Family by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 16th, 2015
Last month for Mother’s Day, Discovery Country Suites Tagaytay launched a special campaign on Facebook that encouraged various people to send in their #Momspiration stories. Given as this was an opportunity to show off my mom, I immediately took it and sent in my entry.
I loved the idea of being able to share our story and that alone was enough for me. However, the Discovery Leisure Company wasn’t done with their Mother’s Day surpris... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places, Travel and Events Tree Top Adventure in Baguio: Experience an Adventure of a Lifetime by Cheryl Villareal on Feb 2nd, 2015
Since I started running 5 years ago, I also started becoming more adventurous with my usual activities. More than just trying out new sports and fitness activities, I’ve also been curious and on the look out for more thrilling (but not deadly) adventures to do with my fiance and friends. The Philippines is definitely no newcomer when it comes to the world of Adventure with its skywalk in Cebu, cliff diving in Boracay and many more. Well, why do... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Food and Dining, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places Share a Coke Campaign: Sharing the Happiness by Cheryl Villareal on Jul 14th, 2014
As we’ve seen in several of their past campaigns, Coca-Cola is one brand that markets their product not by selling the product itself but by selling the emotion. Their campaigns have always made me smile and making me “aww” Well, their newest campaign dubbed “Share A Coke” is not only cute, but it’s fun too!
Last July 12, Coca-Cola Philippines hosted a fun afternoon to invite everyone to Share a Coke with each other. The phenomenal... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Lifestyle and Events, People and Places Billboard Turns Air into Drinking Water by Cheryl Villareal on Mar 25th, 2014
Did you ever think that billboards could be used as more than just an advertisement? I enjoy looking at billboards but I also feel that too many of it can become an eye-sore and add to pollution. Well, after this video, my view on videos have changed.
This billboard was such an AH-MAZING innovation! A MUST SEE.. and MUST DO!
Wouldn't it be great if more billboards could be turned into more than just a waste of light ener... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Bazaars, Family Events, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places National Bookstore Warehouse Sale! 80% Off from January 15–19, 2014 by Cheryl Villareal on Jan 15th, 2014
Woot Woot!! Better set a schedule and put aside some cash ‘coz National Bookstore is having a warehouse sale starting TODAY all the way until the 19th!!! Rush over before you lose your chance to get all those precious books at 80% off!
National Bookstore Warehouse Sale
January 15 to 19, 2014 from 10am to 7pm
4th Floor, National Book Store, Quezon Avenue
corner Sct. Borromeo & Panay Avenue... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Beauty and Wellness, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places Flawless Face and Body Center: Guaranteed Hygienic by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 16th, 2013
They say that it’s important to get a facial at least once a month if you want to keep your skin looking fresh and young looking. However, are you sure the facial care center you are going to is actually clean? You might be so caught up in their promotions and cheaper services that you fail to notice how unhygienic a certain place may already be. To save a little more cash, you might actually be damaging your skin even more.
Flawless: ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Family and Parenting, Foundations and Organizations, Lifestyle and Events, Outreach Projects, People and Places, Shows in Manila, Workshops and Seminars PETA Love Artszone Project: Eliminating Corporal Punishment with Positive Discipline by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 21st, 2013
The relationship between a parent and a child is one bound by love, but the manner of communicating that love can make or break the relationship in the long run. Here in the Philippines, two out of three parents have been found to use corporal punishment as a disciplinary method on their children while nine out of 10 parents who practice corporal punishment have also been subjected by their parents to it, according to a 2011 Pulse Asia Perception... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )