- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Relay Sierra 51050 Relay and Half Marathon 2015 in Tanay, Rizal by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 14th, 2015
If you love running outside Manila, then this is one run you’ll probably enjoy! More than just the usual runs, the Sierra 51050 is a relay race that allows you to work together with your 5-member team to accumulate a total distance of 50km!
What: Sierra 51050 Relay and Half Marathon 2015
When: March 1, 2015 (Sunday)
Where: Ten Cents Heaven, Tanay, Rizal
Race Organizer: ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Financial Fitness Run 2015 by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 11th, 2015
After the success of last year’s Financial Fitness Run, CFA Society Philippines brings us the “Financial Fitness Run 2015 (FFR2015)” with the theme “Future of Finance Starts with You” this coming February 22!
“The “Future of Finance” is an global initiative by the CFA Institute to help shape a better finance and investment industry. The CFA Society Philippines, being one of the member societies of CFA Institute, is ta... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Takbo.ph 20-Miler Run 2015 in BGC by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 19th, 2014
Every year as January rolls in, people try and find ways to burn all that holiday fat. So what do you think of a 20 mile or 32km. run to start the year?? I say, let’s do this!
What: Takbo.ph 20 Miler 2015
When: January 18, 2015 (Sunday)
Where: Bonifacio Global City
Race Organizer: Leadpack
Race Categories: 5k, 10k, 16k, 32k
Gun Start Times: ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Night Run QCIM Night Run 2014 by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 19th, 2014
QCIM is another run for the books because of it’s unique race route yearly. After all, how many runners can actually say they ran the stretch of Quezon Avenue right? Personally, I like this run because of just that. You’re not running small streets or sidewalks at QCIM, you’re running the main roads! And this year, the organizers changed it up a bit to make it even more exciting…they turned it into a night run!
... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Sofitel Manila Half Marathon on August 17 by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 25th, 2014
When one of the top hotels in Manila partners with one of the top race organizers in Manila, you’re sure you’re in for something great! Now on their 3rd race together, Sofitel and RunRio have once again partnered up to bring you one of the most sought after races for the year, the Sofitel Manila Half Marathon.
In the past year, Sofitel has kept runners excited with the Battle of the Sexes Leg 1 and 2. The two races were done for ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness 7-Eleven Run 1000 at Cavitex by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 25th, 2013
Last year, 7-eleven celebrated the opening of their 800th store through a fun run held in Cavitex. Despite several delays due to the bad weather as well as problems with Cavitex, the run pushed through and turned out to be one of the best runs for several participants. 7-eleven continues to expand and build even more stores. In just 1 year, they have already added 200 more stores nationwide. So you know what that means right? It’s time for anot... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights Corregidor Marathon on December 7, 2013 by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 30th, 2013
The 1st CM will usher in a new level of challenge in the running scene. With a total distance of 42.195km, the event is designed to be the common ground of marathoners, ultra-runners and triathletes.
Participation in the 1st CM will be reserved for 88 seasoned marathoners only, with a set qualifying time. Because the half-marathon course of Corregidor could be viewed from the top as forming an “8”-shaped loop, runners must race through the... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons Corregidor International Half Marathon on December 8, 2013 by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 29th, 2013
They say that you haven’t actually run unless you’ve run the Corregidor International Half Marathon (CIHM). With it’s super challenging route, anyone who has completed it will surely feel indestructible.
The philosopher George Santayana once stated, “Those who do not know history are condemned to repeat it.” But if history is comprised of all your winning and most memorable moments, you will most likely come back for it.
On Decemb... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness New Balance Power Run–10k, 16k and 25k on November 10, 2013 by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 18th, 2013
I have always looked forward to the New Balance Power Run for several reasons, my top reason however being its 25k category! I’ve ran several 21km races, and the 25k run just makes me test my endurance a tiny bit. It pushes me to go a little further without going overboard. The same goes for the 16k. Before I moved up to 21km runs, I tried joining the 16km run first. Proper training is still very important, but the feeling of accomplishment for... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Safeguard 2XU Run Race Results and Experiences by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 9th, 2013
I first heard of the Safeguard 2XU Run early this year. It sounded very promising and the freebies were enticing. Some people thought that the registration fee was too high, but personally, I thought the fee was just right, given the amount of freebies. I mean, just the 2xu calf guards were already enough! Moreover, it’s a RunRio organized race. I no longer question Rio’s expertise in the field of running. If he organized it, it’s bound to ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )