- Filed under: Duathlon, Fit and Healthy, Fun in Manila, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Lifestyle and Events, Multisport, People and Places, Results and Experiences, Travel and Events Batangas Earth and Fire Festival 2016: Ride, Run, and Play in Balete by Nel de Leon on May 18th, 2016
Ever thought of going to Balete, Batangas for a nice weekend getaway?
Batangas is roughly a two-hour drive from Manila and is probably the first in mind when we think of a nice beach or hiking activity. Usually, it's the popular towns that get in the list first -- Nasugbu, Cuenca, Taal, Laiya. How about considering Balete?
Sherdon and I got to experience Balete at the Batangas Earth and Fire Festival on the last weekend of January, organize... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fit and Healthy, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events, Travel and Events Glamping by Lifestyle 2016: Why You Shouldn’t Miss the Next One by Cheryl Villareal on Apr 26th, 2016
I love nature. I love walking on the beach, watching the birds, interacting with the animals, watching the sunset, etc. I love it. However, I never exactly saw myself camping. Camping is a whole different story, especially ‘coz I also love having a clean restroom to take a shower and just do my business. Hence, the closest I ever got to “exploring” nature was during one of my trail runs, or an ordinary trip to the beach (with accommodations... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fit and Healthy, Food and Dining, Health and Fitness Daily’s Diet: Counting the Right Kind of Calories by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 29th, 2015
Calorie based diets have been growing more and more popular in the recent year. Many companies offer calorie controlled meals that are delivered straight to your doorstep every day. I’ve tried low calorie diets in the past and though I felt the food was okay, I would often times still end up hungry. I tried other diets which I was very happy with, but then heard of Daily’s and got curious.
Daily’s Diet is a whole team that is behind you ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Fit and Healthy Tupperware Eco Botttles: Refreshing Detox Drink on-the-go by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 30th, 2014
Drinking more than eight glasses of water a day is already good for hydrating your system but adding a few ingredients can do more, helping to flush out harmful toxins in your body. From rejuvenating the skin to preventing high blood pressure and liver-related disease, the benefits of taking your daily dose of detox water are endless and can only be for your own good!
To make your own detox drink, simply mix two or more of th... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fit and Healthy, Food and Dining, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events It’s Time You Put a Spin on Your Boring Job by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 2nd, 2012
Working a 9 to 5 job for 5 days a week can be tough, tiring and even boring. I don’t remember the exact number but I remember attending a seminar where they mentioned how more than 90% of the population simply work to put food in their mouths and not because they actually enjoy what they’re doing. And even without going out and asking every individual personally, we all know how true that is. I bet a number of the people reading this are also... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Contests and Announcements, Fit and Healthy, Lifestyle and Events The Circle Hostel GIVEAWAY! by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 28th, 2012
Anyone here a fan of surfing? Well, I personally have not tried it, though I did watch and take photos as my friends rode the waves! If only my fear of the deep waters hadn’t gotten in the way, I SO would have tried surfing! Well, as part of my anniversary giveaway, and just because our friends over at the Circle Hostel are so awesome, we’re giving away 1- overnight hammock vouchers at the Circle Hostel. I slept like a baby on that hammock I ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Fit and Healthy, Fun in Manila, People and Places Register NOW for the LazerXtreme Philippe Battle Tag League by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 9th, 2012
Anyone ever tried playing Lazer Tag? If you haven't, I strongly urge you to go try it! And why not even join the Philippe Battle Tag League and battle it out Lazer Xtreme style!
LazerXtreme Philippe Battle Tag League
LazerXtreme, the leader and pioneer in the laser tag entertainment in the Philippines, together with various contest sponsors, brings you the opportunity to battle it out with different teams and vie for the spot as t... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Featured, Fit and Healthy, Lifestyle and Events, Random Meyerf Travel Pack: The Suitcase for your Medicine by Cheryl Villareal on May 21st, 2012
As a teacher, I know how important it is to always have a first aid kit on hand in case one of my students gets into trouble. Of course, I wish to never have to use it. On the other hand, as a full time teacher, part time blogger, student, sister and friend, I know how important it is to have my top medicines nearby… especially when work starts getting the best of me.
For the longest time, I’ve been keeping my medicines in an old ca... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Carboload, Featured, Fit and Healthy, Food and Dining, Lifestyle and Events Jamba Juice Now Blending in the Philippines! by Cheryl Villareal on Nov 12th, 2011
When I first heard that Jamba Juice was coming to town, I had NO IDEA what it was. I figured it was just like any other juice and smoothie shop... no biggie. Well so I thought.
A few days ago, I was given the wonderful opportunity to attend the Jamba Juice VIP and Media Night at the Fort. I came to the event not expecting anything at all, in fact, I thought it would just be a small event to show the media and bloggers the... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Blogapalooza, Business and Services, Fit and Healthy, Lifestyle and Events, Pole Dancing, workout and exercise Polecats Manila: Pole dancing at its Finest! by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 1st, 2011
Just hearing the word POLE DANCING already flashes unwanted images in my head. Half naked young girls dancing on poles in a dark club trying to lure in one of the male audience in hopes that they could get some extra cash. That's the short preview of what I picture, and I'm sure that's what MOST of you think too. Back in the olden days, pole dancing used to be done only in night clubs and strip bars. Burlesque nights.
But this was WAY bac... Read More » Tags Share Comments (3 )