- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Run United Philippine Marathon 2014: Getting Stronger – “Fortius” by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 8th, 2014
The idea of running a marathon may be scary, I was just as scared when I decided to run my first marathon at this year’s The Bull Runner Dream Marathon.But guess what? If you think you can do it, then you can DEFINITLY do it! So this year, try something new and challenge yourself. Go further and get stronger, regular registration is NOW OPEN!
What: Run United Philippe Marathon 2014
When: October 5, 2014 (Sunday)
... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Soleus Valley Trail Challenge: It’s About Time by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 23rd, 2014
For the past years, Soleus has continuously amazed out with their cool innovations specifically in the watch industry. They've come up with the coolest, most fun, most colorful and most affordable watches in the market. In the Philippines, Soleus went even further by unintentionally creating a running team composed of runners who just loved the brand! Well, who says they need to stop there? Soleus will once again wow everyone with the first ever ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights, Uncategorized Run United Philippine Marathon Will Make 42k Runners Feel Like Superstars! by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 29th, 2013
The Run United Series started way back in 2010. Back then, Unilab was only planning to have one run. However, because of its huge success, they continued on to a series which led to the now famous Run United Philippine Marathon!
This year, people got so excited that slots run out after only a few weeks of opening registration. I actually ran out of slots myself as it took me too long to decide whether I wanted to go for a full marath... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Condura Skyway Marathon 2013 Results and Discussions: I Conquered the Skyway by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 5th, 2013
Last Sunday, Feb 3, 2013, I ran my 2nd Condura Skyway Marathon, it was my first however to start from Alabang and run on the Skyway! Woot woot! What an experience!!
I joined the Condura Skyway Marathon for the first time around 3 or 4 years ago. I wasn’t use to running yet and so I only registered for the 5k category. Back then, I felt like there was nothing really special about the run, especially since the 5k runners didn’t really get ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause, Sunset run Subic International Marathon 2013 by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 15th, 2012
Dreaming to complete your first 21k? Or maybe you’re set to finish your first 42k? Well, where better to do that in Subic! This is not your usual urban route. Experience one of the most beautiful 42k routes in the country!
Over 4,000 runners participated in last year’s Subic International Marathon at the lush green and scenic Subic Bay Freeport Zone. More than just staging a successful run, the Subic International Marathon aims to up... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Carboload, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Night Run, Run for a Cause, workout and exercise The Condura Skyway Marathon 2013: Run for the Mangroves by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 15th, 2012
The Condura Skyway Marathon began back in 2005, and it began with one man's dream to make a difference. After founder and chief organizer Ton Conception went on a trip to Tubbataha, he felt inspired to help and decided to use his love for running for a good cause. So after much planning, the 2008 Condura Race for Tubbataha took place. 2009 was then dedicated to the whale sharks, 2010 and 2011 for the dolphins and 2012 for the mangroves. Aro... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause A Red Carpet Finish for 42K Runners at the Run United Philippine Marathon (RUPM) by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 25th, 2012
Just a few more days to the first ever Run United Philippine Marathon! Are you guys ready?
Unilab Active Health and RunRio know that completing a marathon is not an easy task. It takes months of training, not just physically but also mentally.. And so to make the 42k runners feel their effort’s worth at the first ever Run United Philippine Marathon, here are some of the thing the organizers have in store for you!
1. Exclusive Red Ca... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Running Aids, Running Gear and Apparels, Running Tips, Sports Books and Magazines 2013 Multisport Directory: A Must-Have Guide for All Athletes by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 14th, 2012
The 2013 issue of the Multisport Directory is out and it’s time all you runners, swimmers, bikers and athletes grab a copy and be in the know.
"The 2013 Philippine Multisport Directory is an essential guide in finding the best multisport resources in the country. Nowhere else can one reference the most comprehensive list of coaches and other specialist that can make a big difference in a multisport athlete’s enjoyment of and improvement in... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights Run United 2013 Events Calendar by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 30th, 2012
Hey guys! 2012 is about to come to an end and so is this year's Run United Series! Personally, I think the Run United Series just keeps getting better every year! Not only do they improve on the overall impact of the run, but they also help runners improve their speed and endurance by offering longer race distances. One of my favorite things about this year's Run United series is the race route from Fort to Moa! It made me feel I went even furthe... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Magazines and Articles, Random thoughts, Run for a Cause, Running Tips, Shared Blogs The Little Running Teacher in Runner’s World Philippines by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 19th, 2012
October 19, 2011…As part of my daily routine, I checked my email and was surprised to see a message from an unfamiliar person with the subject “Feature for Runners’ World Philippines”. I quickly opened it and almost fell out of my seat with excitement after reading the message.
In case you couldn’t read the small font, the message says,
“Hi Cheryl, I’m working on a story for Runner’s World Philippines that ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (555 )