- Filed under: Charity Works, Family and Parenting, Featured, Inspirational Stories ABS-CBN “Gift-Together” Project: Bringing Families Closer this Christmas by Cheryl Villareal on Dec 20th, 2012
Christmas is one of the best times of the year. It's actually my personal favorite. I don't know how to explain it, or what kind of atoms and molecules are in the air as the "ber" months approach, but Christmas makes us feel and do weird things. It makes us feel warm and cuddly, it makes us feel generous and happy, most of all, it makes us feel and remember the people we love. Christmas is a time to love.
When I think of Christmas, I... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Faith and Religion, Inspirational Stories, Just Me, Workshops and Seminars Light Thursday’s Lost and Found (Part 2): The Parable of the Prodigal Son by Cheryl Villareal on Jul 28th, 2012
Are you familiar with the story of the Prodigal Son? This story has been shared to us several times since we were young, and I’m sure it’s been used as reference in many other scenarios. In week 2 of the LOST AND FOUND series, our preacher George Gabriel shared the story of the Prodigal Son. Though this story is so familiar to me already, I especially loved the way he shared it tonight. He tried tackling the story from a different point of vi... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Featured, Health and Fitness, Inspirational Stories, Run for a Cause Lace Up for Anika: Run for a Hearty Cause on May 26 by Cheryl Villareal on May 21st, 2012
We all want to make a difference in people’s lives. So what do you think of making a difference in ONE person’s life? More like one little girl’s life. Will you run for Anika?
Anika, now 5 years old, is a baby girl who has a single ventricle loosely translates to having a HALF HEART.
A 'unity run' organized by Team Breathe Hope along with Breathe Hope Runners to help save a toddler's heart and give her a brighter life.... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Inspirational Stories, Lifestyle and Events The Planetshakers and Israel Houghton in a Back to Back Concert in MANILA! by Cheryl Villareal on Mar 22nd, 2012
On April 21, the Planetshakers will be having a back to back concert with Israel Houghton and New Breed are coming TO MANILA and performing at the Smart Araneta Coliseum! Don’t miss the chance to be part of this historic collaboration between two of the most well-loved Contemporary Christian artists!
BECCA MUSIC INC. presents…..
What: The Planetshakers with Israel Houghton & New Breed
When: Apr... Read More » Tags Share Comments (3 )
- Filed under: Books, Business and Services, Charity Works, Featured, Foundations and Organizations, Inspirational Stories, Lifestyle and Events, Magazines and Articles, Outreach Projects, Teaching Ideas, Volunteer Works Floating Book Fair and more with Logos Hope by Cheryl Villareal on Mar 13th, 2012
When I first heard of a floating book fair 2 years ago, I was already ecstatic! Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to go visit Logos Hope because I was too busy doing my thesis back then. So imagine my joy and excitement when I found out they were back!
I visited LOGOS HOPE twice.. once on Friday (March 9) with my co-teachers and again on Saturday with my brother and friends. I had lots of fun browsing though all the books wh... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Inspirational Stories, Outreach Projects, Run for a Cause, Running Gear and Apparels, Volunteer Works Todo Responde Run: Race to 1.5M for Sendong Victims and Baby Raphael by Cheryl Villareal on Jan 7th, 2012
Just recently, I participated as a volunteer marshal in Greentennial’s Rescue Run. I had so much fun not only because it was a new experience but also because I knew I was doing my part to help. I joined a RUN FOR A CAUSE and did more than just run.
This coming weekend, another run for a cause is needing our help and participation! This time, it’s for TWO BENEFICIARIES!
What: Todo Responde Run
When: January 14, ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Inspirational Stories, Outreach Projects, Run for a Cause, Volunteer Works Rescue Run: Community Run for Typhoon Sendong Victims by Cheryl Villareal on Dec 24th, 2011
An entire town was nearly wiped out after a strong typhoon hit them just days ago. While I was comfortably hanging around with friends and “Facebooking”, THOUSANDS of people were fighting for their lives. I was shocked to come home and read all about it in the news… worse to even see videos of the people who lost their families, loved ones and home during the tragedy. Typhoon Sendong left at least 3,000 dead and thousands others homeless in... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Inspirational Stories, Random, Videos Perfect The Way We Are… by Cheryl Villareal on Dec 3rd, 2011
For the past few days, I’ve been listening to the song PERFECT by Pink. I especially love the rendition of YouTube sensations Cathy Nguyen and Jason Chen. I’ve been trying to write a blog about a previous event I’ve been to, but I keep getting distracted listening and singing (on my own) to this song! Before anything else, let me share the video of the song…
Made a wrong turn, once or twice… dug m... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Featured, Foundations and Organizations, Inspirational Stories, Outreach Projects, Teaching Ideas, Teaching Tales, Videos Inauguration of PCF Technical College – The first CONTAINER-VAN school in the world! by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 13th, 2011
Around 2 weeks ago, I was invited to visit a school located in what used to be the famous SMOKEY MOUNTAINS of Tondo. The term does not refer to a beautiful landscape as that depicted in other countries, instead, the name was given because of the smoking mountains of garbage found in the area. This place has recently been rehabilitated and is hopefully on its way to becoming a more livable place for people.
I was hesitant at first, given i... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Inspirational Stories, Random thoughts, Videos We say Garbage, They say HOME. by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 6th, 2011
I've been staring down this blank page for a while, trying to come up with words to write about a previous event I attended that was held in a poverty stricken area here in the Philippines. I've typed several words only to end up deleting it because I couldn't fully express what I wanted to say. So I decided to write a new post first, and get these feelings out of my chest.
Last week, I attended the inauguration of a school in Tondo. Seei... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )