- Filed under: Faith and Religion, Lifestyle and Events LIFESTIVAL: Worship Celebration with the Katinas FOR FREE! by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 1st, 2014
Get ready for a night of insightful stories and inspiring songs as international and local musicians and artists join together in a rare opportunity to lead in worship celebration, namely (1) Dove Awardee and international contemporary Christian group The Katinas, (2) Philippines’ pop rock princess Yeng Constantino, (3) singer-turned-minister Ray An Fuentes (4) hip-hop and R&B singer Quest, and (5) new praise and worship team Firebrand.
... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Faith and Religion, Featured, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events, Light Thursdays, People and Places, Travel and Events Amazing Race: Light Thursdays Edition this June 13 at BGC by Cheryl Villareal on Jun 10th, 2013
Ever wondered what it would be like to join a simplified version of the Amazing Race? I can’t really say, but I’m sure it’ll be LOTS OF FUN! This Thursday at 8pm, Light Thursdays brings you their very own version of the Amazing Race! A first of its kind to be held at BGC!
What: Amazing Race, Light Thursdays Edition
When: June 13, 2013 (Thursday) at 8pm
*Meet up point will be at the Fully Booked "U View" Bas... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Faith and Religion, Family and Parenting, Lifestyle and Events, Movies and TV shows Superbook Reimagined: Are You Ready to Relive the Adventure? by Cheryl Villareal on Dec 18th, 2012
Superbook...hmm... ring a bell? Superbook was a cartoon series back in the 80's that encouraged moral values, faith in God and more. Basically, the superbook is the bible. I grew up watching that cartoon! What I loved about it is that it didn't really "push" or "force" kids to reading the bible, but it highly encouraged it through its fun and interesting episodes.
Whether you were an avid fan back in the day or a first timer, the Chr... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Contests and Announcements, Faith and Religion, Family Events, Lifestyle and Events Win FREE TICKETS to Superbook Reimagined by Cheryl Villareal on Dec 8th, 2012
This is one movie I am definitely EXCITED to see, simply because it reminds me so much of my childhood! For those of you who don't know yet, Superbook will be relaunched for this generation's children on December 15, 2012 in a Family Fun Day event! For more info on the event, do check out my previous post HERE
Are you as excited as I am? Well, if you are... then I have even more exciting news! I'll be giving away 10 TICKETS to ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (7 )
- Filed under: Faith and Religion, Family Events, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places, Shows in Manila Superbook Reimagined: A Special Screening and Family Fun Day by Cheryl Villareal on Dec 7th, 2012
Do the names Gizmo, Chris and Joy sound familiar? Well what about the cartoon SUPERBOOK? Ring a bell? Well, if you're a 90's kid, then you should know it. It was one of the most popular cartoons of our time, and the best part about it... it's a bible series.
This Christmas season, spend some time with the entire family while engaging yourselves in a different kind of bonding. Get ready as Superbook, the highly-acclaimed animated Bible ser... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Faith and Religion, Featured, Just Me, Light Thursdays Light Thursdays: The “I” of the Storm by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 17th, 2012
All of us have experienced our own share of problems and difficulties. Several of us have felt like giving up more than once. Some of us might even be feeling it at this specific moment.
A Blessing from Habagat
Just last week, the Philippines suffered from strong rains and flooding brought about by Habagat. Several lives were affected and several houses were destroyed. Most people think of all the destruction and all that was lost... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Faith and Religion, Lifestyle and Events, Light Thursdays Light Thursdays Lost and Found (Part 3): Loving the Lost by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 13th, 2012
There are times we feel that we are well on our way going toward the right direction that people who aren’t as lucky as we are seem to be annoying. I won’t deny that there were some questions or comments people have said to me in the past that somehow annoyed me just because I felt as though the answers were too simple for them not to know.
Though none of us want to be lost, if you are lost…it only means someone is looking for ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Faith and Religion, Inspirational Stories, Just Me, Workshops and Seminars Light Thursday’s Lost and Found (Part 2): The Parable of the Prodigal Son by Cheryl Villareal on Jul 28th, 2012
Are you familiar with the story of the Prodigal Son? This story has been shared to us several times since we were young, and I’m sure it’s been used as reference in many other scenarios. In week 2 of the LOST AND FOUND series, our preacher George Gabriel shared the story of the Prodigal Son. Though this story is so familiar to me already, I especially loved the way he shared it tonight. He tried tackling the story from a different point of vi... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Faith and Religion, Just Me, People and Places, Workshops and Seminars Light Thursdays presents Lost and Found (part 1) by Cheryl Villareal on Jul 27th, 2012
As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I started going to this “gathering” called Light Thursdays. It’s not really a worship/devotion thing, but I’d say it’s a place to find inspiration, strength and God through the words and stories of others.
So last Thursday, we started part 1 of the series called “Lost and Found”. I’m pretty sure all of you have been physically lost at some point in your lives, ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Faith and Religion, Featured, Just Me, People and Places, Workshops and Seminars Light Thursdays: Good People, Good Music, Great Stories by Cheryl Villareal on Jul 14th, 2012
This post may be totally unrelated to my blog… but I thought to share it anyway.
Last Thursday, I had one of the best experiences in a while. I laughed… I cried…but most importantly, I was moved. What was meant to be an ordinary Thursday evening turned out to be an evening of blessings, realizations and life lessons.
Many of you might not know this as I rarely speak of it, but I am a firm believer o... Read More » Tags Share Comments (3 )