- Filed under: Faith and Religion, Featured, Just Me, Light Thursdays Light Thursdays: The “I” of the Storm by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 17th, 2012
All of us have experienced our own share of problems and difficulties. Several of us have felt like giving up more than once. Some of us might even be feeling it at this specific moment.
A Blessing from Habagat
Just last week, the Philippines suffered from strong rains and flooding brought about by Habagat. Several lives were affected and several houses were destroyed. Most people think of all the destruction and all that was lost... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Faith and Religion, Inspirational Stories, Just Me, Workshops and Seminars Light Thursday’s Lost and Found (Part 2): The Parable of the Prodigal Son by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 28th, 2012
Are you familiar with the story of the Prodigal Son? This story has been shared to us several times since we were young, and I’m sure it’s been used as reference in many other scenarios. In week 2 of the LOST AND FOUND series, our preacher George Gabriel shared the story of the Prodigal Son. Though this story is so familiar to me already, I especially loved the way he shared it tonight. He tried tackling the story from a different point of vi... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Faith and Religion, Just Me, People and Places, Workshops and Seminars Light Thursdays presents Lost and Found (part 1) by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 27th, 2012
As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I started going to this “gathering” called Light Thursdays. It’s not really a worship/devotion thing, but I’d say it’s a place to find inspiration, strength and God through the words and stories of others.
So last Thursday, we started part 1 of the series called “Lost and Found”. I’m pretty sure all of you have been physically lost at some point in your lives, ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Faith and Religion, Featured, Just Me, People and Places, Workshops and Seminars Light Thursdays: Good People, Good Music, Great Stories by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 14th, 2012
This post may be totally unrelated to my blog… but I thought to share it anyway.
Last Thursday, I had one of the best experiences in a while. I laughed… I cried…but most importantly, I was moved. What was meant to be an ordinary Thursday evening turned out to be an evening of blessings, realizations and life lessons.
Many of you might not know this as I rarely speak of it, but I am a firm believer o... Read More » Tags Share Comments (3 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Just Me, Lifestyle and Events, Workshops and Seminars Stage Camp Here Right Now…. and Forever After by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 3rd, 2012
2 months ago, I had no idea where the Manansala Towers were, I had no idea who Topper Fabregas and Anthony Ong were, and most of all, I had no idea how to sing and dance. Though I still think I can’t sing and dance (haha), I can at least be proud to say that I took the challenge with 32 others at last night’s showcase of HERE RIGHT NOW…. and we did it! No matter what you say or think, we were GREAT out there!
In a span of 7 wee... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Concerts and Plays, Featured, Just Me, Lifestyle and Events, Workshops and Seminars Finding Myself in 9 Works Theatrical’s Stage Camp by Cheryl Golangco on May 23rd, 2012
"Why do you sound that way?"
"You're out of tune!"
"You dance like a crazy horse"
I've loved theater for the longest time. I love acting and just going crazy on stage. One of my favorite roles was playing a crazy lawyer with cerebral palsy in my college years. It was so challenging but I had the best time doing it! I've been in and out of theater since I was young, and my love for it never died down. After years of just missi... Read More » Tags Share Comments (3 )