- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Magazines and Articles, Random thoughts, Run for a Cause, Running Tips, Shared Blogs The Little Running Teacher in Runner’s World Philippines by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 19th, 2012
October 19, 2011…As part of my daily routine, I checked my email and was surprised to see a message from an unfamiliar person with the subject “Feature for Runners’ World Philippines”. I quickly opened it and almost fell out of my seat with excitement after reading the message.
In case you couldn’t read the small font, the message says,
“Hi Cheryl, I’m working on a story for Runner’s World Philippines that ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (555 )
- Filed under: Blogapalooza, Business and Services, Fashion and Apparels, Featured, Lifestyle and Events, Random thoughts A Short PREVIEW of the FIRST Blogapalooza at Fully Booked by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 19th, 2011
The blogging world is quickly taking over! No longer do business need to pay high prices for ads on paper or on billboards because BLOGGERS are doing all the work. If Starbucks became big through word of mouth, then businesses existing today will have great chances of succeeding through word of the blog!
Last September 17, my brother Vince Golangco of WhenInManila.com had his FIRST ever BLOGAPALOOZA - an event for both businesses and ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Inspirational Stories, Random thoughts, Videos We say Garbage, They say HOME. by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 6th, 2011
I've been staring down this blank page for a while, trying to come up with words to write about a previous event I attended that was held in a poverty stricken area here in the Philippines. I've typed several words only to end up deleting it because I couldn't fully express what I wanted to say. So I decided to write a new post first, and get these feelings out of my chest.
Last week, I attended the inauguration of a school in Tondo. Seei... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Contests and Announcements, Lifestyle and Events, Random thoughts, Videos New Risks of the Online Community. Be warned! by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 7th, 2011
Technology is a good thing, there are a lot of things we were unable to do 10 years ago that are really easy to do nowadays. We can't complain that technology really gave us a push into the sci-fi world we were only dreaming about a couple of years ago. But all good things have limits, and technology has several downsides as well.
I know a bunch of friends who love using foursquare. Through GPS, your exact location is automatically posted onli... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Business and Services, Lifestyle and Events, Random thoughts I can’t load my phone ‘coz I’ve “exceeded the number of reloads” by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 5th, 2011
I've been using Globe Telecom for more than 10 years as my cellphone provider. Regardless of the many benefits and outstanding services the network has, there will always be a few tweaks every now and then. One of those tweaks happened to me today.
I bought a 300 peso call card from a nearby store. I've been buying call cards from them for 5 years or so. I try loading it, and after I've entered the call card number and pin, the computer oper... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Contests and Announcements, Inspirational Stories, Lifestyle and Events, Random thoughts, Teaching Tales Lost DSLR Reunited with Owner by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 28th, 2010
I wasn't planning to blog about this, but since several people have been asking me what happened to the camera.... here it is!
Last Tuesday, September 21, I got into a cab empty handed and walked out with a DSLR camera. It was left behind by the owner, and I decided to take it home. HOLD ON.... I decided to take it home and FIND the owner!
I carefully looked through the bag and was disappointed on not finding a cellphone or any item that co... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Contests and Announcements, Inspirational Stories, Random thoughts, Teaching Tales Lost and Found DSLR! by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 21st, 2010
So it's a Tuesday night, and I was coming from somewhere in Sta. Mesa on my way to the Blue Water Day Spa bloggers' night. I was frantically in a hurry 'coz I was running really late and I know the traffic in Makati is really bad by this time. (Around 7pm) I originally intended to stay home and rest but changed my mind at the last minute...(I think this was my "destiny" haha)
I entered the cab and told the driver where to take me. I was s... Read More » Tags Share Comments (12 )
- Filed under: Contests and Announcements, Featured, Lifestyle and Events, Random thoughts, Shared Blogs Get FEATURED on the Little Running Teacher by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 14th, 2010
I'm trying something new and I hope you would all like it.
Since I've started blogging, I've slowly met several interesting teachers and runners. I've slowly started reading various blogs and articles from people with the same interest as me! Several of these blogs soon grew to become my most visited sites! I learned to love them because of their simplicity and creativity. Reading them and many others made me realize the many fun crafts activ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Arts and Crafts, Featured, Random thoughts, Teaching Ideas, Teaching Tales, Tips for Parents Getting a C in Art is unacceptable! by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 6th, 2010
Now I'm not sure how others would define art, or what other people think art is really all about. But to me, art is all about freedom of expression. What one person describes as a masterpiece may be considered horrible by others... but it's still a work of art. Coloring, drawing, painting, dancing, singing... all different kinds of art... all beautiful in its own way, regardless of style or genre.
So what does all this have to do with tea... Read More » Tags Share Comments (3 )
- Filed under: Inspirational Stories, Random thoughts, Shared Blogs, Tips for Parents, Videos Average is the New Exceptional! by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 4th, 2010
A beautiful speech from an average student of Binghamton University! Take time to watch this and really understand the power each of us has. Never underestimate yourself... never underestimate your students... we are mostly average people who simply need a little push to do the extraordinary! You don't need to be someone BIG to make a change, you just need to be who you are.
"Average is knowing that you don't receive respect, you EARN it. ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )