- Filed under: Charity Works, Family and Parenting, Lifestyle and Events Domex “Fiesta” Video: A Pledge for One Million Clean Toilets by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 18th, 2014
Whenever I go out and do restaurant or hotel reviews, I often take into consideration what the comfort rooms look like. You see, I feel it's one of the few things people tend to overlook and give less importance to, but should actually be a main priority. In our own homes, some people go all out in decorating their living rooms and bedrooms but would often neglect their comfort rooms. Did you know though, that 7 million people in the Philippines ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Blogapalooza, Family and Parenting, Lifestyle and Events ZipMatch.com: The Easiest Way to Find Your Perfect Home by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 8th, 2013
2 years ago, my brothers and I had to go through the gruesome and time-consuming task of find a new place to stay. Don’t get me wrong, I love our new place, but finding it was a whole different story. It took us several months of driving around, surfing the net, asking people, etc. It was not an easy task! It wasn’t just the physical structure we had to ask about, but everything else around it – Is the house near hospitals, malls, etc? Is i... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family and Parenting, Films and Movies, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events 25 Stories: Building Beautiful Fairy Tales Everyday with Ayala by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 5th, 2013
Whenever we feel bored or just wanna hang out and relax, we can always count on the many establishments and malls of Ayala Land to help make us feel better. Funny thing is that we feel like Ayala has just always been there but we never really noticed how long it’s actually been. Last Sept. 16, 2013 actually marked the 25th anniversary of Ayala Land Inc., and to celebrate, Ayala Land Inc. presented the 25 Stories and 25 Surprises!
The 2... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Family and Parenting, Foundations and Organizations, Lifestyle and Events, Outreach Projects, People and Places, Shows in Manila, Workshops and Seminars PETA Love Artszone Project: Eliminating Corporal Punishment with Positive Discipline by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 21st, 2013
The relationship between a parent and a child is one bound by love, but the manner of communicating that love can make or break the relationship in the long run. Here in the Philippines, two out of three parents have been found to use corporal punishment as a disciplinary method on their children while nine out of 10 parents who practice corporal punishment have also been subjected by their parents to it, according to a 2011 Pulse Asia Perception... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family and Parenting, Family Events, Lifestyle and Events Nickelodeon Summer Festival Recap by Cheryl Golangco on May 21st, 2013
A few weeks ago, I was given the chance to participate in Nickelodeon’s Summer Festival. Coming here really made me feel like a kid again! The colors, the fun, the festivities, everything was just right to bring out any adult’s inner child.
Welcome to the Nickelodeon Summer Festival!
The Nickelodeon Summer Festival was held at Fort Bonifacio Global City, and despite the extreme heat that day, families of all types and sizes st... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family and Parenting, Family Events, Featured, Lifestyle and Events Nickelodeon Summer Festival: Fun Under the Sun! by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 26th, 2013
Temperatures here in the Philippines, specifically in Manila have been rising more and more over the past few days. As a result, both kids and adults alike feel lazy to get up and go out. Why sweat when you can just sit in front of the electric fan or air conditioner all day right? Well, Nickelodeon just gave us a reason to enjoy the summer heat and have some fun under the sun!
What: Nickelodeon Summer Festival
When: M... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Family and Parenting, Featured, Inspirational Stories ABS-CBN “Gift-Together” Project: Bringing Families Closer this Christmas by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 20th, 2012
Christmas is one of the best times of the year. It's actually my personal favorite. I don't know how to explain it, or what kind of atoms and molecules are in the air as the "ber" months approach, but Christmas makes us feel and do weird things. It makes us feel warm and cuddly, it makes us feel generous and happy, most of all, it makes us feel and remember the people we love. Christmas is a time to love.
When I think of Christmas, I... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Faith and Religion, Family and Parenting, Lifestyle and Events, Movies and TV shows Superbook Reimagined: Are You Ready to Relive the Adventure? by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 18th, 2012
Superbook...hmm... ring a bell? Superbook was a cartoon series back in the 80's that encouraged moral values, faith in God and more. Basically, the superbook is the bible. I grew up watching that cartoon! What I loved about it is that it didn't really "push" or "force" kids to reading the bible, but it highly encouraged it through its fun and interesting episodes.
Whether you were an avid fan back in the day or a first timer, the Chr... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Contests and Announcements, Family and Parenting, Fun in Manila, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places Ayala Malls’ Act of Kindness this Christmas Season by Cheryl Golangco on Dec 10th, 2012
Charms of Christmas, one of its campaign activities, is an online promo that gives everyone a chance to receive a charm bracelet designed by Ana Rocha. We have more than 400 charms to give away. It’s main objective is to encourage people to share kindness to somebody, be it to their loved ones, friends or a random person, by doing kindness acts this Christmas season. In order to qualify the promo, interested participants should do an act of ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )