- Filed under: Inspirational Stories, Random, Videos Perfect The Way We Are… by Cheryl Villareal on Dec 3rd, 2011
For the past few days, I’ve been listening to the song PERFECT by Pink. I especially love the rendition of YouTube sensations Cathy Nguyen and Jason Chen. I’ve been trying to write a blog about a previous event I’ve been to, but I keep getting distracted listening and singing (on my own) to this song! Before anything else, let me share the video of the song…
Made a wrong turn, once or twice… dug m... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Featured, Foundations and Organizations, Inspirational Stories, Outreach Projects, Teaching Ideas, Teaching Tales, Videos Inauguration of PCF Technical College – The first CONTAINER-VAN school in the world! by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 13th, 2011
Around 2 weeks ago, I was invited to visit a school located in what used to be the famous SMOKEY MOUNTAINS of Tondo. The term does not refer to a beautiful landscape as that depicted in other countries, instead, the name was given because of the smoking mountains of garbage found in the area. This place has recently been rehabilitated and is hopefully on its way to becoming a more livable place for people.
I was hesitant at first, given i... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Charity Works, Inspirational Stories, Random thoughts, Videos We say Garbage, They say HOME. by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 6th, 2011
I've been staring down this blank page for a while, trying to come up with words to write about a previous event I attended that was held in a poverty stricken area here in the Philippines. I've typed several words only to end up deleting it because I couldn't fully express what I wanted to say. So I decided to write a new post first, and get these feelings out of my chest.
Last week, I attended the inauguration of a school in Tondo. Seei... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Contests and Announcements, Lifestyle and Events, Random thoughts, Videos New Risks of the Online Community. Be warned! by Cheryl Villareal on Mar 7th, 2011
Technology is a good thing, there are a lot of things we were unable to do 10 years ago that are really easy to do nowadays. We can't complain that technology really gave us a push into the sci-fi world we were only dreaming about a couple of years ago. But all good things have limits, and technology has several downsides as well.
I know a bunch of friends who love using foursquare. Through GPS, your exact location is automatically posted onli... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Lifestyle and Events, Pets and Animals, Videos My Cat Enjoys His Belly Rub! by Cheryl Villareal on Jan 16th, 2011
Have you ever tried giving your cat a belly rub? Some cats enjoy it... though some cats would take your hand and you'd never get it back! (haha)
Anyway, you guys know that glove-thing we use to remove all the fur falling off from our cats? Well, I decided to try it on my cat, Chase's tummy! I'm not sure if he's enjoying it or not, but you gotta love his reaction! It's like a cat porno! hahaha Wait for it!
Gotta love the reaction! ha... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Lifestyle and Events, Pets and Animals, Videos My Cat CHASE plays fetch by Cheryl Villareal on Dec 27th, 2010
I thought I'd take a break from my usual tutorials today to show a quick video of my pet cat, CHASE. He loves chasing anything, hence the name. Well, a few days ago, we noticed that he kept bringing his rattle back to my room every time it goes out. It was cute how he carried it in his mouth. Then suddenly, my brother kicks the toy downstairs. I doubted Chase would still go after it... but he did! and the rest is just pure cuteness. :)
... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Inspirational Stories, Videos Honor and Excellence! by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 9th, 2010
Professor Solita Monsod delivers her last lecture for her class in UP Diliman, Philippines. She delivered a very beautiful speech! Thank you to the person who took the video! Now we can share it with the whole world!
"I am only one but I am one, I cannot do everything but I can do something!"
Let us keep these words in mind whenever we feel that our small actions will not change anything, because it does and we can make a difference. Just s... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Videos Where babies REALLY come from (a funny clip) by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 10th, 2010
Wouldn't you want to know where babies come from? I mean, I still don't know! Why don't we let this young Raven Symone teach us! In an episode of the Cosby show. The young Raven Symone argues with Bill Cosby as to where babies really come from! He tries to convince her that they come from the mommies, but she argues that they really come from storks! A must watch video if you want to put a little smile on your face! :)
Yep, it'... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Inspirational Stories, Random thoughts, Shared Blogs, Tips for Parents, Videos Average is the New Exceptional! by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 4th, 2010
A beautiful speech from an average student of Binghamton University! Take time to watch this and really understand the power each of us has. Never underestimate yourself... never underestimate your students... we are mostly average people who simply need a little push to do the extraordinary! You don't need to be someone BIG to make a change, you just need to be who you are.
"Average is knowing that you don't receive respect, you EARN it. ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )