- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause Sofitel Manila Half Marathon Registration Now Open! by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 24th, 2015
Since it started with the Battle of the Sexes last 2012, the Sofitel Manila runs had quickly become a race most people would look forward to. It is not only fun and organized, but it’s a race for a cause too – one factor I feel is very important when choosing races.
Last year, Sofitel Philippine Plaza held its first half marathon. This year, Sofitel Manila continues to cultivate a lifestyle of wellness as it holds the 2015 Sofitel Manila H... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause 39th Milo Marathon 2015: Marathon King and Queen to be sent to Boston to Compete in 2016 Boston Marathon by Cheryl Golangco on Jun 22nd, 2015
Some people say, that unless you’ve participated in the National Milo Marathon, you are not yet a ‘real’ runner. It is considered the godfather of races and labeled as the country’s most prestigious running event. For the past 38 years, Milo has continuously been encouraging runners to go after their dreams. This year, the National Milo Marathon, is set to mark its 39th season… and I’m just as excited as all of you!
The Milo Nati... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Run United Philippine Marathon 2015: October 4, 2015 by Cheryl Golangco on May 30th, 2015
Run United has rarely let us down when it comes to running. Every year we look forward to the Run United series as we push ourselves to run stronger and go further. For this year, we’re already halfway there! If you’ve been training hard for the first half of this year, then it’s time to put that training to use and quickly register for the Run United Philippine Marathon before slots run out!
Run United Philippine... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause World Vision Run 2015: The Difference is Love by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 29th, 2015
“For 58 years in the Philippines, international child-focused organization, World Vision, has taken huge strides to ensure that Filipino children enjoy the fullness of life thy deserve. These efforts gave birth to what is now the most-anticipated running event of the World Vision supporters and partners, the World Vision Run.”
The idea first started back in 2011 when a few members from World Vision decided to put up a fun run for a cause i... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Tips on Running with Pacers at Run United by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 18th, 2015
In the recently concluded Run United 1, Unilab Active Health introduced the idea of pacers to help runners achieve their target time and finish faster and stronger.
Maintaining an active lifestyle has always been the advocacy of Unilab Active Health. To elevate Run United’s training component, pacers were introduced in Run United 1 held on March 8 at the Mall of Asia grounds in Pasay City. Unilab Active head Alex Panlilio says pacers provide... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Running News and Highlights Run United 2 2015–Updates and Changes in the Registration of the Run United Series by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 6th, 2015
The Run United is one of the most sought after runs in the country. It’s grown to be so big and so popular that even non-runners mark their calendars, deciding if they’re ready to join their first run. What makes the Run United series so special, more than just the connecting medals, is that it pushes runners to exceed themselves. Making runners train harder and push further to achieve a new personal record. With that goal in mind, Unilab Act... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Run for a Cause NatGeo Earth Day Run 2015: Run for the Philippine Tamaraws by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 25th, 2015
Every year, the National Geographic Channel hosts an Earth Day Run in hopes of bring forth a bigger change in the country. For the past years, they have partnered with the World Wide Fund (WWF) for Nature and have come up with a variety of projects that will help give that extra boost for nature. Last year, it was for “bancas for the Philippines”, this year it’s a fight to help save one of the most endangered buffalo specie in the world… ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness Run United HP Recovery Run for Run United 2014 Finishers this December 2014 by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 16th, 2014
When we think of running or working out in general, we often think of different ways we can go further and get stronger. We often think that all we need is a little push and strength of mind. We keep pushing and pushing hoping to get better and faster, not realizing that what we really need is some rest and recovery.
This year, Run United got runners to go longer, faster and stronger with the 3 RU installments. With every run, the organizers i... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Family Run, Health and Fitness, Night Run, obstacle run, Sunset run SunPiology Run: An Adventure Filled-Run with the Stars by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 6th, 2014
“I believe in education. Everyone deserves education, everyone deserves to be able to study,” shares Mr. Piolo Pascual after asked why he began the SunPiology Run. For the past 6 years, Sun Life has been working with the ever dashing Piolo in hopes of raising funds as well as awareness for the scholars of the Hebreo 12:1 Foundation.
During the recently concluded presscon, Piolo also shared how the SunPiology Run isn’t about get... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness New Balance Power Run 2014 by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 17th, 2014
Finally details are out! Every year, I look forward to joining the New Balance Power Run for 1 reason – their unique distance categories! When I became comfortable running 10k, I tested my skills by joining 16k before doing a half marathon. After becoming comfortable with a 21k half marathon, I joined my first ever 25k at the New Balance Power Run before deciding it was time to do a full marathon! So, here’s your chance to test just how ready... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )