- Filed under: Family and Parenting, Family Events, Featured, Fieldtrip Suggestions, Lifestyle and Events, People and Places, Teaching Ideas KidZania Manila Sneak Peek: Top 5 Reasons Why Every Child Should Check This Place Out by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 2nd, 2015
Ever since the announcement that KidZania was coming to Manila, kids, parents and teachers alike all got giddy and excited. Being a preschool teacher and child at heart, I too just couldn’t wait. It took more than a year, but finally, KidZania is opening its doors to the public this Aug. 7, 2015!
For those who have no idea what KidZania is all about, let me tell you all about it. KidZania is a place where kids rule. It’s a mini community whe... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fieldtrip Suggestions, Teaching Ideas Ocean Adventure Field Trip for All Ages by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 6th, 2013
I first went to Ocean Adventure in Subic back when I was still in high school. Back then, Ocean Adventure only had the sea lion and dolphin show. Today however, they’ve added 2 more attractions that will surely make both kids and adult not only have fun, but appreciate nature even more.
After roughly 8 years… I’m back! This time however, my friends and I got to spend the night at the Camayan Beach Resort! If you’re going to Subic... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fieldtrip Suggestions, Schools and Learning Centers, Science Experiments, Teaching Ideas, Tips for Parents First Robotics Learning Center: Math, Science and Engineering for Preschoolers by Cheryl Golangco on Oct 11th, 2012
Kids love playing with robots! They play with a variety of these each day. They play with simple robots like toy cars to more complicated robots that walk, talk or even fly. The world of science fascinates them without any of us even realizing how deep this fascination could go.
I personally am very much fascinated with robots, however, playing with them and learning to make them are two very different things. The idea of learning robotics is ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Animals and Insects, Business and Services, Featured, Fieldtrip Suggestions, Flowers and Plants, Games and Activities, Lifestyle and Events, Museums and Galleries, Reading and Language, Senses and Body Parts, Teaching Ideas, Tips for Parents Mind Blown at the Country’s First World Class Science Museum: The Mind Museum by Cheryl Golangco on Mar 1st, 2012
Some time last year, I started seeing posters and banners about a new Science Museum rising in Taguig. Being a teacher, the news of a new fieldtrip site was naturally very exciting… but learning that it would rise at the Fort Bonifacio Taguig boiled up various expectations for me. I started imagining just how cool this place might be and wondered what they would have to offer that other museums didn’t have. I eagerly waited for more news an... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Family, Featured, Fieldtrip Suggestions, Teaching Ideas, Tips for Parents SM MOA presents Passport to the Universe by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 14th, 2010
Wouldn't it be great if we could all travel the universe? Wouldn't it be great if we could see a star up close? Well now you can!
Last November 6, 2010, I was one of the lucky bloggers who was able to view the sneak peek of SM Mall of Asia's Science Discovery Center's newest feature show, PASSPORT TO THE UNIVERSE. This film was made in the US and narrated by Tom Hanks.
This was not any ordinary show, simply because it is shown inside the 15... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )