- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Relay Sierra 51050 Relay and Half Marathon 2015 in Tanay, Rizal by Cheryl Golangco on Jan 14th, 2015
If you love running outside Manila, then this is one run you’ll probably enjoy! More than just the usual runs, the Sierra 51050 is a relay race that allows you to work together with your 5-member team to accumulate a total distance of 50km!
What: Sierra 51050 Relay and Half Marathon 2015
When: March 1, 2015 (Sunday)
Where: Ten Cents Heaven, Tanay, Rizal
Race Organizer: ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Health and Fitness, Results and Experiences Salomon’s first-ever Citytrail Manila Run by Cheryl Golangco on Sep 14th, 2014
With more Filipinos being aware about the importance of staying physically fit and active, alternative exercises such as running have been rapidly growing popular. Aiming to elevate the way city dwellers enjoy their everyday runs, Salomon brings something new and exciting to the running community by promoting Citytrail running with the first-ever Salomon Citytrail Manila event, which was held last September 7 at Intramuros, Manila.
I... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Sunset run Salomon Citytrail Run: Elevate Your Run in Intramuros this Sept. 7 by Cheryl Golangco on Aug 16th, 2014
For those of us living in Manila, we’re pretty much used to running the streets of BGC, Mall of Asia or Roxas Blvd. Though I love running in these areas, it’s always fun to try something new don’t you think? And of course, who else better to give us that the Salomon!
Salomon is known for their trail runs such as that in Batangas and the like. This September, they’re giving Manilenos a new experience by giving us the chance to run inside ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Trail Runs Brooks Run Happy 3: Cross Country Challenge by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 14th, 2014
Brooks Run Happy is back! This time however, they are giving runners a new and exciting route to look forward to. On May 11, 2014 Brooks will give you a race that you will surely enjoy. The challenge that runners constantly look for will definitely be served in the form of obstacle courses and uphill grinds incorporated in our nature inspired route. With a mix of on & off road terrain and the scenic view of Tanay Rizal, this race will be one ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, obstacle run, Trail Runs Guerilla Race Leg 2: Finish the Race or Die Trying by Cheryl Golangco on Apr 3rd, 2014
The Guerilla Race Series is the first obstacle-driven race series of its kind in the Philippines. Developed by a Philippine Army scout ranger, the Guerilla Race Series is meant to test the participants’ limits in terms of endurance of body, presence of mind and resilience of spirit. It offers a progressive race course, with four venues of varying distances and difficulty levels. Each leg of the series is devised with terrain-inspired or venue s... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Beach Run, Featured, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Multisport, obstacle run, Run for a Cause, Trail Runs, Triathlon Karera Lakas Pilipinas: Tibay ng Marino, Lakas ng Pilipino happening this Aug. 25 by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 21st, 2013
Fun runs and trail runs take place almost weekly in the Philippines. I still love joining them regardless of how simple they may be, especially if it’s for a cause! Still, I always look forward for fun runs with a twist. If you’re like me, then read on!
What: Karera Lakas Pilipinas
When: August 25, 2013 (Sunday)
Where: Ternate, Cavite (military base)
Beneficiaries: MARFIT (Strength and conditioning programs for marines) ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (10 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, obstacle run, Trail Runs Teva Trail Challenge at Eartheaven, San Mateo Rizal by Cheryl Golangco on Jul 7th, 2013
Anyone up for a trail run before the month ends at San Mateo Rizal? What about a trail run with an extra trail challenge? If you’re up for an extra fun trail run then sign up for the Teva Trail Challenge before slots run out!
What: Teva Trail Challenge (with a muddy obstacle course)
When: July 28, 2013 (Sunday)
Where: Eartheaven, San Mateo Rizal
Gun Start: 5:30am
Race Categories: 5k and 10k
... Read More » Tags Share Comments (3 )
- Filed under: Beach Run, Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, obstacle run, Trail Runs Skyathon Boracay Beach Run 2013: Run and SAVE the Island! by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 23rd, 2013
Summer’s here!!! I’m sure most of you are getting ready for your various beach escapades and summer adventures! So to all the runners out there, how does a fun run on the beach sound?
WHAT: Skyathon Boracay Beach Run 2013
WHEN: April 13, 2013 (Saturday, 5am assembly time)
WHERE: Epic Beachfront, Station 2, Boracay
RACE CATEGORIES: 5KM / 10KM / Couple's 10KM Relay
Race Categories and Registration Fees:
5k - 50... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, obstacle run, Trail Runs Merrell Adventure Run: Run on the Rugged Side by Cheryl Golangco on Feb 23rd, 2013
It’s time once again for the Merrell Adventure Run! It’s fun to run on the usual routes at the Fort or MOA, but wouldn’t it be thrilling to run on the rugged side for a change?
What: Merrell Adventure Run
When: April 27, 2013 (Saturday)
Where: Mt. Sinai, Pintong Bukawe, San Mateo Rizal
Race and Registration Details:
Race Categories: 5km, 10km and 21km
Registration Fees: P650, P800 and P950 respectively
... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fun Runs and Marathons, Health and Fitness, Trail Runs Waldorf Trail Run at Timberland Heights by Cheryl Golangco on Nov 29th, 2012
Start the year with a trail run and share a little of your blessings with this fund-raising event from Manila Waldorf School.
What: Walforf Trail Run
When: January 26, 2013 (Saturday)
Where: Timberland Heights, San Mateo Rizal
Race Categories and prices
3K. PhP 400
5K. PhP 500
10K. PhP 600
*inclusive of: Detailed Race Info Sheet, Waldorf Trail Run t-shirt, and Race-Bib (with safety pins, raffle tic... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )