- Filed under: Arts and Crafts, Featured, Halloween, Holiday crafts, Personalize, Role Play, Teaching Ideas Monster Feet for Halloween! by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 28th, 2011
Halloween is coming up and a lot of people around the world are ready to celebrate Halloween. However, we don't celebrate it as much here in the Philippines. Still, who says we can't get it a little with the Halloween cheer right? I personally love the occasion but I don't want to go against the culture of our school as well. So, here's what we ended up with!
What you will need:
Two identical tissue boxes
C... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Colors and Shapes, Cooking in Class, Edible crafts, Featured, Halloween, Mothers' Day, St. Patrick's Day, Teaching Ideas Rainbow Bread by Cheryl Villareal on Nov 24th, 2010
Most kids enjoy painting and doing random art works. At most times, it is the only thing they want to do! Then again, a lot of kids also enjoy cooking. I think the fact that they are not yet allowed to do so on their own is what makes it more exciting for them. Painting and cooking; two great activities on their own. What more fun it would be if we could combine them. Well, who says we can't?
My co-teacher and I were trying to come u... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Animals and Insects, Arts and Crafts, Featured, Halloween, Holiday crafts, Teaching Ideas Creepy Spider (Daddy Long Legs) by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 30th, 2010
Recently, I posted an activity about a cute little spider. It was really fun to make and was originally meant to be a little creepy, but due to the kids' demands, we put a smile on it and it evolved into a cute little spider! However, since it IS Halloween, I thought we could make another spider that looked more realistic. This was another activity done with my adorable tutee, Peggy. The activity is not only fun, but it also helps develop fine mo... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Fashion and Apparels, Halloween, Holiday crafts, Lifestyle and Events, Teaching Ideas 2010 Top Halloween Costumes by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 25th, 2010
Recently, I posted a blog on top cartoon costumes for Halloween! This time, let's get a little more creative and try making cute and unique costumes! Here are some of the photos I found off the internet! All I did was type an object and added the word costume! For example, "Ipod costume" and I was surprised that there actually were costumes like that! Here are my top Halloween costumes for 2010! Do share if you find more!
Disclaimer: None of t... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Animals and Insects, Arts and Crafts, Featured, Halloween, Holiday crafts, Teaching Ideas Elephant Mask by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 25th, 2010
If you're a preschool teacher, then ELMER by David McKee is one story I think you should know! The story may be a little complicated for toddlers, though it may be simplified. Still, I think it's one of the cutest stories around! Plus, the follow up activities are always so much fun to do!
After reading this story to the kids, we decided to make some masks and look just like Elmer! My partner found the pattern from the internet, and I suggeste... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Cooking in Class, Edible crafts, Featured, Halloween, Holiday crafts, Science Experiments, Senses and Body Parts, Teaching Ideas Edible Slime for Halloween by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 22nd, 2010
Halloween just wouldn't be complete without SLIME! I couldn't miss out on this opportunity!
For the past two weeks, my tutee has been begging me to make slime! I think her curiosity started because of Nickelodeon and all the slime they use! So anyway, I figured I'll just have her make goo since it was something I was already familiar with. However, after browsing the internet for more fun activities, I came across a recipe for edible slime... ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Fashion and Apparels, Halloween, Holiday crafts, Lifestyle and Events, Tips for Parents Top 2010 Animated Halloween Costume for Kids by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 22nd, 2010
Halloween is coming up and I already see several shops selling costumes. Most of which however are scary ones! Halloween does not need to be a scary occasion for the kids, it can just be one wherein they get to be as creative as they can in finding the right costume.
So here are my top picks for 2010 ANIMATED or CARTOON costume for kids! Most of them are really cute! But please don't force your kids to wear something they have difficulty weari... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Animals and Insects, Arts and Crafts, Featured, Halloween, Holiday crafts, Teaching Ideas Creepy and Cute Spiders by Cheryl Villareal on Oct 18th, 2010
Halloween is coming up so we decided to make some creepy spiders! I didn't do the activity with my usual toddler class... instead I did it with my 7 year old tutee and her 2 year old brother.
Before beginning the activity, you can always sing the famous Itsy Bitsy Spider! Older kids might find this boring, but my 2 year old student sure loves this song! I always like pretending my hands are spiders and then I start tickling the kids! The kid... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Arts and Crafts, Featured, Halloween, Holiday crafts, Science Experiments, Teaching Ideas We made sticky, oozy, goo! by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 29th, 2010
A few days ago, we were learning all about our hands and how our hands can feel various things! We tried touching soft and hard objects, rough and smooth, hot and cold! But there was something that the kids were not use to feeling everyday! We wanted them to feel sticky, oozy, goo! After touching it and exploring with it, we asked them how it felt. We didn't get a single answer! The goo just left them speechless and in awe. It seemed as if they h... Read More » Tags Share Comments (3 )