- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Magazines and Articles, Random thoughts, Run for a Cause, Running Tips, Shared Blogs The Little Running Teacher in Runner’s World Philippines by Cheryl Villareal on Feb 19th, 2012
October 19, 2011…As part of my daily routine, I checked my email and was surprised to see a message from an unfamiliar person with the subject “Feature for Runners’ World Philippines”. I quickly opened it and almost fell out of my seat with excitement after reading the message.
In case you couldn’t read the small font, the message says,
“Hi Cheryl, I’m working on a story for Runner’s World Philippines that ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (555 )
- Filed under: Shared Blogs, Teaching Ideas, Teaching Tales The Sentiments of a Preschool Teacher by Joy Waniwan by Cheryl Villareal on May 21st, 2011
DISCLAIMER: I am not the author of this blog, rather, it is a shared blog by my good friend Joy Waniwan
I am supposed to be doing my project for my grad school right now when I realized the date – four more days until Moving Up Day, the final event of the school year. It made me look back on all that’s happened for the past ten months.
This school year has been really tough for me - maybe the most difficult year since I st... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Arts and Crafts, Featured, Holiday crafts, Shared Blogs, Teaching Ideas, Valentines Day Cool Valentines Day Activities for Kids by Cheryl Villareal on Feb 13th, 2011
I wanted to share my own idea for Valentines day, however, the kids won't be doing it until the day itself. While thinking of ideas though, I came across so many wonderful ideas that I decided to share them with my readers!
Remember, Valentines day is not only for those with a man or woman in his life, but for everyone who loves and is being loved... either by a special someone, a family member or a friend! Happy Valentines Day everyone!
... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Inspirational Stories, Mothers' Day, Shared Blogs, Teaching Tales, Tips for Parents A Mother’s Tale of Child Birth by Evelyn Pabelico by Cheryl Villareal on Jan 1st, 2011
Happy New Year everyone! 2010 is over, so forget all the pains and misfortune that may have happened then... it's time to move on!
For the first blog of the year, I've decided to share a blog a friend of mine wrote. She wrote this note a few months after giving birth to her 3rd child. I loved how honest she was about the difficulty, pain and most importantly, the joy of child birth.
Here's to starting the year right! That we may all reme... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Arts and Crafts, Christmas, Colors and Shapes, Edible crafts, Featured, Holiday crafts, Shared Blogs, Teaching Ideas M&M Christmas Tree by Cheryl Villareal on Dec 17th, 2010
Here's another fun way to have the toddlers decorate their own Christmas tree. I'm sure they'd be begging you for more! I don't think the challenge here will be to get them to finish it, but rather to get them to stop eating the chocolates!
This activity was shared by my co-teacher, Sandra Ong. She is a Chinese nursery teacher from a private school in the Philippines. Thank you Teacher Sandra.
What you will need:
Pre-printed Christ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Arts and Crafts, Featured, Fruits and Vegetables, Shared Blogs, Teaching Ideas Paperplate Watermelons by Cheryl Villareal on Nov 17th, 2010
Here's a cool activity my co-teacher, Sandra Ong shared with me. We took some pictures of the final product but none of it in the making. So let me try my best to put it into words!
What you need
Watermelon seeds ( "Butong Pakwan" as we call it in the Philippines)
Red and Green paint
Step 1: Give the kids the paper plates and let them paint it green and red (you can also already mix the paint with the glue)
... Read More » Tags Share Comments (1 )
- Filed under: Featured, Health and Fitness, Running Tips, Shared Blogs On Muscle Pain and Soreness by kulitrunner on Nov 5th, 2010
On Muscle Pain and Soreness
- A Guest Blog from Vima Mendoza of http://kulitrunner.wordpress.com
Muscle pain and soreness brought about by a certain physical activity or workout is a common conversation topic nowadays especially since many have started getting hooked into an active and healthy lifestyle. Injuries abound too. I have been asked a number of times already, not because I am an expert but because I have in one time been in the injur... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Contests and Announcements, Featured, Lifestyle and Events, Random thoughts, Shared Blogs Get FEATURED on the Little Running Teacher by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 14th, 2010
I'm trying something new and I hope you would all like it.
Since I've started blogging, I've slowly met several interesting teachers and runners. I've slowly started reading various blogs and articles from people with the same interest as me! Several of these blogs soon grew to become my most visited sites! I learned to love them because of their simplicity and creativity. Reading them and many others made me realize the many fun crafts activ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )
- Filed under: Inspirational Stories, Random thoughts, Shared Blogs, Tips for Parents, Videos Average is the New Exceptional! by Cheryl Villareal on Sep 4th, 2010
A beautiful speech from an average student of Binghamton University! Take time to watch this and really understand the power each of us has. Never underestimate yourself... never underestimate your students... we are mostly average people who simply need a little push to do the extraordinary! You don't need to be someone BIG to make a change, you just need to be who you are.
"Average is knowing that you don't receive respect, you EARN it. ... Read More » Tags Share Comments (2 )
- Filed under: Arts and Crafts, Colors and Shapes, Shared Blogs, Teaching Ideas A Response to Circle Stamping by Cheryl Villareal on Aug 11th, 2010
Teacher Regine Aniban from Little Presidents' Learning Palace used the circle stamping activity for her pre-toddler class! According to her, the kids really had so much fun stamping the circle! It was a very simple yet also creative and enjoyable activity. She shared some photos with me through facebook and allowed me to share it with you, my dear readers. Enjoy!
Thank you Teacher Regine! :)
Kids at work... Read More » Tags Share Comments (0 )